The Onederland Express - Hop on Here! #4

You're on Page 7 of 35
Go to
  • Great job Mel! Hope you had a great day out with the family!

Liz: I am getting back to paying down bills and saving money as well after Christmas. I swear that when I get my credit card paid off again, I will never charge anything again that I don't immediately figure out a plan to pay it off and until I do I don't get to put anything else on the charge.
    You are brave to take the dog and kids outside on a January day. Unless you live in FL or CA, January is very cold everywhere it seems! I am looking forward to spring as well
  • Susie - Yeah, you could call it brave, or just kinda dumb. Anyways today we got all dressed up and played outside. I finally got too cold and told DS we had to go in (DD was sleeping - luckily the monitor works outside!).

I decided to change my goal. It might have been nice to have a ticker that showed that I made goal when I might have gotten there in a few weeks...but being only 7 pounds away I knew I wouldn't be done at 145. I still feel like I have more weight to lose...so anyways I've readjusted to 135. We'll see how it goes but I'm hoping that will be a good weight for me!
  • Thanks Liz and Susie!!

Liz-You are so close to your new goal and 100 pound lost! You rock!!

Spending another day with the family, oh how I love the weekends!
  • Yeah maybe I'll have to go to 133 just so I can see 100 pounds gone!! haha I shouldn't get too far ahead of myself, who knows, maybe my body will be "done" at a certain weight, who knows? In any event I'm even so happy at where I am! I bought size 8 pants - thinking they'd be goal pants, and they fit! I'm starting swimming tomorrow with a friend...looking forward to it!

Mel - Hope you guys have a great day - something I'm jealous of for sure, weekends are DH's busiest time as he's a cook....and I'm busy M-F now, so it sucks!! Anyways that's my little rant for the day.
  • Liz-Size 8 pants are amazing!!! Hope you have fun swimming tmw Yeah Dh is always working late on weekdays so I am glad to spend time with him on the weekends. Hope you and Dh find some quiet time together! I never asked you what your Dh thinks of your weight loss success?
  • The weekend has flown by. I had really hoped to get that workout in today but I was kept busy with laundry and housecleaning that I didn't get to yesterday because of the birthday party.

I'll we try again next week for a Sunday 30 min workout. I will be working out tomorrow at lunch time. As soon as I get finished on here I will pack my workout bag and my other work stuff and get it ready for tomorrow. The one thing I'm happy with is my food intake has been right on track.

Liz: Size 8 is amazing! Let's us know what you think of the swimming tomorrow.

Mel: Sounds like you had a very nice weekend. Are you feeling better?
  • Susie - I'm sorry I didn't ask you about your workout! Not that it mattered, obviously you're thinking about it, but hey I said I would. Anyways have a great workout today! And good for you for keeping your food in line....that's one of the hardest parts of the puzzle and it's also generally the most important piece.

Mel - Thanks! They're size 8 kind of stretchy jeans from walmart (yeah you might have figured out by now I'm cheap) so I know I wouldn't fit into size 8 everywhere, but hey! DH is pretty happy with my loss. TMI ahead...but things have been more *ahem* active in the last little while. I hate to say it's because of my loss, but in reality it is. I'm more interested, and although he's always been interested, he's also responding more to my newfound self esteem and confidence. Sometimes he kind of gives me a long look and says he can't really believe it's me...he tells me he's really proud of me.

Anyhow I just found this smilie and thought it was really cute, so this'll be me tonight: Have a great day ladies! Oh, and this will also be me today in my downstairs office:
  • Susie- Still have the sore throat when I swallow and ear pain...darn you winter!!

Liz- I can't wait to have the new self esteem There are times that I look in the mirror and like what I see but still can't seem to shake the fact that I am smaller. Hopefully my mind will eventually catch up with my body lol I know I still have a long way to go! Hope you have fun swimming and dont freeze at work
  • Morning Girls !! Hope you all had a great weekend ...

Well I have good news and bad news, haha ...first off I did meet my goal of losing 5 pds last week and got down to 225 ...so that was the good news....and then the dreaded weekend came and I was off plan the WHOLE time ...sadly ...so that is the bad news...I am guessing that the 5 pd loss for last week is no more, didnt weigh in this morning but am back on plan ...

Liz - loved your "tmi" ...that always happens with me and dh too ....and I agree I think it has to do with our new found self esteem when we feel so much better about ourselves....you are my weightloss hero as of late...I cant believe how well you have done.

Mel - just hold on Spring is around the corner !!!!!!

Susie - I hear ya on the budget, hard to stick to them...but I know if I dont I get myself in trouble...haha

Hi to Auntie G, Arabella, Tara, and T ...

We had another round of snow this morning that was blowing around and made the drive into work harder...I think we have had more snow this Winter than I can remember for a long time ...I dont mind it though, I appreciate something about every season ...of course Fall is my favorite.

So the Packers and Steelers for the SuperBowl huh? I am gonna have to go with the Steelers !!

Have a great day everyone....

Carri
  • Carri - Congrats on the 5 pounds, and hey you never know it might not all have come back! If you're back on plan now then it should come off quickly anyways. As for the superbowl, DH is going for the Packers, so we can have some rivalry in our group!!

Swimming last night was fun - but oh my I was so tired! I can't believe how out of shape I am. I know I've lost a lot of muscle on this journey. I'm going to have DH put together a routine I can do on our bowflex. I need to regain some strength! Anyways have a great day ladies!
  • Good morning everyone! I have to remember to check in here more often. Weighed in last night and I'm at 230 now. Every pound lost seems like such a battle when it is so easy to put it back on! I am definitely committed to staying the course. I love the new WW program and have lost exactly 6 lbs in 3 weeks and I'm happy with that.

Mel - I know what you mean about your brain not catching up to your body. I still see myself at my highest weight even though I've lost 30 lbs and a couple of sizes since then. I imagine it just gets stranger and more difficult as you get smaller (especially for someone like me who has never been 'small' to begin with).

Liz: I also need to regain strength. I'm at that stage where I feel like I'm still 'too heavy' for anything. Too heavy for zumba or group fitness classes. Too heavy for weight lifting. Too heavy to shop at this store or that one. Ugh.

Carri: Good luck! I'm sure that 5 lbs will come right back off. If it was over a weekend it is probably more sodium related than anything else!

I have to go with the Packers, too, but I'll be working that weekend anyway. No superbowl parties for me (which might be a good thing)!
  • Morning Everyone ...well was back on track yesterday after my bad weekend and I said I wasnt going to hop on the scales until the end of the week but I did and it showed me up 2 pds, but I doubt that is really a true gain, just will work hard this week to get it back off plus maybe another one or two.

Spooky - good to hear from you. You and I are very close in weight...but dont worry we can get below 200 in no time...just work hard I have a friend who does the new WW program and she loves it too, she has lost like 16 pds in 3 weeks.

Liz - Now, I cant remember have you been exercising this whole time you have lost all this weight ? Or did you just now start exercising? I know it is possible to lose alot without it, as I have done it before, but of course we need to tone at some point.

Mel - I think you look great...that pic you posted a while back was so cute...you should be getting some good self esteem I mean you are under 200now !!! What I dream of !!!! You are doing great !!!

Where is my Auntie G and Arabella lately ?

I went to bed at 9:00 last night , which is very unlike me, I usually go around 11:00 but I was so tired...and it was really nice to feel really well rested this morning when I got up, guess I should do that more often ...Mondays are so hard on me cause I sleep in all weekend ( yes no kids haha ) and then have to get up so early on Monday ....ah well ...okay girls have a good day and talk to you all later.

Carri
  • Hi Everyone.

I want to lose 75lbs. Probably should be 100 but I havent been 125 since I was like 15 years old so I didnt think that was how I want too look ...like a straight stick girl. LOL.

I'm just gonna try to chug along and take it one hour at a time for now. Maybe I'll be confident and strong enough in my new lifestyle to take it one day at a time soon.
  • Spooky - Good to see you! Glad you're enjoying the new WW program, and congrats on your success so far! I know what you mean about feeling too heavy...I wish I'd done more exercise on my way, maybe I'd have less loose skin now. Then again, maybe not. Who knows?

Carri - Yeah no I haven't really done any "intentional" exercise. I mean, I walk everyday, and made a point of dancing around the house like a fool with the kids, and making sure we got out and about a lot, but no "ok gotta go sweat now" exercise. So yes I need some toning, that's for sure.

Veggiegurl - Welcome (especially to a fellow Canadian!! ). Taking it one hour at a time sounds great...you're right it will get easier as you go.
  • Wb Spooky!!

Liz- Glad you had fun swimming! I have no idea who I am going for in the super bowl lol

Carri-I am sure that isnt a real weight gain! Glad you are back on track today.

Welcome Veggie!

Well ladies I have not been the best food wise the past couple of days. I think that feeling bad has made me lose my motivation. Starting tomorrow I am back on track!! Hope everyone has a great week and it goes by fast bc I want the weekend back lol Oh and warm weather come on March 20...first day of spring yay!