Biggest Loser Season 11

You're on Page 6 of 45
Go to
  • Quote: OK, I'm probably going to get many disagreeing folk on this one.
    I don't like Arthur. I think he is lazy, pathetic, and will definitely gain the weight back. Also, I read on his bio he is a day care provider. Really? Who would have him babysit their child?

And I understand the struggle, I'm not trying to be mean spirited, but I just don't think someone 500+ pounds can do an adequate job watching small toddlers. I'd be afraid if something happened he couldn't get there quick enough, or that he would have some sort of health episode in front of the children.

Am I being too harsh????
    My DH has the same opinion.
    Not too harsh. Maybe his wife own it and he does the books?

I am baffled by the cops. I thought they had weight and fitness requirements to meet. How in the heck can they protect people?
  • Probably cause its a small town and not a lot of violence. Like Andy of Mayberry or something.

I didn't know some people struggle with that temptation. I guess what I've heard done was put salt on it so it doesnt taste good, even do that at the restaurant. What you don't eat, salt it all done. Never mind the taking it home .

I don't fell Arthur is pathetic. Just very obese with depression. We hve a nurse at the hospital, very obese, but she does a grwT job. And she is on the cardiac floor. Sayin, you may want to move quicker in that situation but she's a good nurse. aurthur may be a good child
    D care provider because he is right there.
  • I agree with fattymcfatty and seagirl. Arthur's enthusiasm quickly seemed like bravado to me, especially after the scene at the first weigh-in where he wouldn't get up and Bob got really frustrated with him.

However, I think the twin cops mentioned something about working in different departments. It made me wonder if they're cops in the sense that they work for the police department but they actually have desk jobs. Of course, (and this is fiction, duh) but the fat guy on Mike & Molly was a street cop. Who knows?
  • Quote: However, I think the twin cops mentioned something about working in different departments. It made me wonder if they're cops in the sense that they work for the police department but they actually have desk jobs.
    The web site says Dan is a police captian and don is a lieutenant. Don't know much about police depts but I am sure captians are not out on the streets much.
  • Just realized what I struggle with. Being home, knowing there is good food here and I can't go back and eat any of it.

I weighed the potato chips, just put celery and 2 tbs maynnaise and had a sandwich. But... There is more left over and I want that. I cant destroy it. It's good food.

So how the heck did I say mess itup. I. Cant mess p food I just went and paid for.

Am I full? I'm comfortable
  • Quote: The web site says Dan is a police captian and don is a lieutenant. Don't know much about police depts but I am sure captians are not out on the streets much.
    Nope the don't have to. They got brass.. Anyone with brass doesn't do much work. The push papers more then do active patrolling.

My husband is a Sargent and he doesn't walk near as much as he used to. And it does show.!!!!!!!!!!
  • I really am enjoying this season of Biggest Loser. Last season was hard to watch with all the game playing, but this season is making me excited to see what will happen next.
    I don't like Arthur. I think he is lazy, pathetic, and will definitely gain the weight back. Also, I read on his bio he is a day care provider. Really? Who would have him babysit their child?

And I understand the struggle, I'm not trying to be mean spirited, but I just don't think someone 500+ pounds can do an adequate job watching small toddlers. I'd be afraid if something happened he couldn't get there quick enough, or that he would have some sort of health episode in front of the children.

Am I being too harsh????
    My DH has the same opinion.
    You are not being too harsh. I weigh over 350 pounds myself and I have a 3 year old grandson. Once when he was here he got sick (vomiting) and I could not get too him as fast as I would have liked to because of my weight. I was just lucky my 20 year old son was here too at the time.

Grandson is fine now btw and the only serious consequences were the cleaning of a new carpet.

Edited to add: I also LOVE children and would love to look after some in my own home but because of my excess weight I do not. The safety of the children comes first and my weight could prevent that. I would feel so bad if a child in my care was hurt and my size prevented me from getting to that child fast enough whatever the problem.
    I also am not a big fan of Arthur yet. I am glad to see that he's finding exercises at his size that he is able to do to help him lose weight but I am not a fan of his personality yet. I really do hope that he's able to lose the weight and get back down to a healthy size for him, but I also have doubts that he is in the right mindset to keep himself there. Perhaps as the show goes on and he continues to learn that he will get in the right mindset for it though.
  • Thanks for the info, DisgruntledOne. That makes sense. I mean, I assume they would have said something if their weight was affecting their ability to do or keep their jobs...like, it would have come up as a reason they wanted to lose the weight. Instead, they've only talked about family.

By the way, I rewatched the episodes (extended break from school) and I realized why I didn't like Arthur as much - his mood flip-flops so much! As in, one scene he's complaining in the weight room and giving lots of back talk, and the next he's bragging in front of the scale. One minute he's ripping the "unknown" team, and the next he's thinking about eating a smashed donut they sent over.

It could just be editing on the part of the producers, trying to shape him into a more divisive, interesting character, but the way he's presented, I have trouble taking what he says seriously. He seems to lack the gravity that most of the other contestants have about their situation. He's more flippant. What do you guys think?
  • I don't know what I think of Arthur yet. So far, no one is really emerging for me as a favorite or as the villain. It will happen, I am sure, but just hasn't happened yet. It's a bummer we are not getting to know the unknowns very much, though.

I am liking this season so much but I have to wonder if we are getting setup for some big game playing later. I mean, what happens when the unknowns come back to campus and the whole group start competing together? It's going to be worse then the blue vs black kind of game play because they won't know each other at all. Oh the suspense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Quote: You are not being too harsh. I weigh over 350 pounds myself and I have a 3 year old grandson. Once when he was here he got sick (vomiting) and I could not get too him as fast as I would have liked to because of my weight. I was just lucky my 20 year old son was here too at the time.

Grandson is fine now btw and the only serious consequences were the cleaning of a new carpet.

Edited to add: I also LOVE children and would love to look after some in my own home but because of my excess weight I do not. The safety of the children comes first and my weight could prevent that. I would feel so bad if a child in my care was hurt and my size prevented me from getting to that child fast enough whatever the problem.
    I don't think anyone should judge someone on their weight or think that they can't do things others can because of it. My mother weighed 364 for as long as I can remember and she did everything. When my son was born she was in her mid 40's and watched him all the time. When my two dd's where born she was in her 50's and did likewise. I wish she would have lost the weight as it was much of the cause of her death at age 64 but there was nothing that woman couldn't do!
  • It does seem like they play up the Bob Jillian team more then the unknowns. What a name. Is it going to like this all season? Unknown?
  • Anyone watching tonight? I am so glad the unknowns thing is over with and we are seeing more of the other team. Anyone else find the egg throwing thing really disrespecful though? I was not impressed with that at all.
  • ag .. I'm late. Will turn on now.