January 2011 Chatter_LAWL

You're on Page 2 of 7
Go to
  • Kim, Good for you for making a better choice!

Joan, I go through phases of giving up soda, and then some sneaking back into my life (free soda in the lunch room and you only have to press the button on the pop machine to get it and they have several diet selections, so it is really easy to slip back into drinking that delicious diet doctor pepper).
  • Hi Everyone,
    My name is Guinevere, G, for short......I am a veteran QWLC client from about 16 years ago when they had centers in NJ...
    I have used this "diet" over and over to maintain weight throughout the births of my 2 sons....and since it's Jan, it is time to re-start. I hope you dont mind my joining your thread! What I love about this diet is that you can re-start without going to a center, I just follow the old plan, purple, I think they called it most recently and am always able to get the weight off. However, this time I am 43 and I dont know how easy it will come off....it sure went on easy enough! lol...
    I like to check this site daily to keep me motivated and share progress and frustrations........glad to find some active members! I am done TO and ready for today, the first day of my new eating pattern!! Happy New Year!
  • Barb- not only pop but I have started drinking tea instead of my lattes every day. This one is tougher though. I know coffee isnt bad for me but it also doesnt have anything good for me in it so I am trying different teas. Its not too bad!!! Tea has so many health benefits.

Hey Jillian, I read your new workout blog, that is just amazing! You are definately a role model for all of us!!!!

Joan
  • where would I find Jillian's workout blog? would like to read it
  • Happy New Year everyone. Back in the saddle again, so to speak - I gained about 3 lbs over the holidays (too much prosecco!), but they are gone now - bye bye!

I've been trying to ease myself into getting up earlier in the AM to either use our elliptical at home or drive the 2 minutes to my gym to take the 6am class. I am sooo not a morning person, but I like the fact that the gym is less crowded...

Anyway - good to see all of the posts! Hope everyone is doing well.
  • Hello chickies and HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2011

Welcome newbies - G, etc. Thanks for joining our chat. You will find great advice and support here.

Hoochie - I gave up diet soft drinks last Dec 24th and haven't seen one lb shed from it. I do feel like I have accomplished something though. The problem with them is like Joan pointed out,they are so convenient.

Good Luck with the Surgery JM: I am wishing you a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Kim: Motherofthree: So good to see you again. Welcome back. We need a new pic. NO getting by with that one that is 2 years old (or so).

On the Exercise Front. I have ordered an Eliptical (16 Dec), but it still has not shipped (3 weeks). I am hating the waiting and anxious to get something started in exercising. This has been a short coming in my WL journey. I can't do the gym thing. I have to have too much flexibility and I get bored so easily. I know excuses, excuses.

No set goals for me this year yet. Will see when I get the Eliptical and my vacation planned and then I will set my goals.

Note: I have got to get back down to my ticker weight so that I am not lying. I just can't adjust it until I try a few days to get it back down. :grin:
  • Well I braved the scale this morning and I have to say I was really disappointed in myself. I knew my clothes were feeling tight which is why it took so long for me to get on it. Even though I have started my year healthy, I really need to continue on my journey.
    I am going to start TO tomorrow to get me jumpstarted again. Its a new year and a fresh start!
    Have a great day everyone! Cheers to healthy eating!
  • Joan, They say the average person gains about 8 pounds over the holidays, so if you didn't do that, you are ahead. I tried to talk myself into getting on the scale this morning but my DH came up with coffee before I could manage to rally myself out of bed. Its hard to find a private moment to weigh myself, as my DH is a morning person who can't wait for me to wake up and talk to him, and I won't weigh myself in front of him. Its sweet of him to bring me coffee each morning, but really it is because he wants me to get up.

Amy, Ellipticals are such a great choice. It has to be the busiest time of the year for the exercise equipment manufacturers. So I'm sure they'll get yours to you soon. I took a few weeks off from exercising recently and was shocked that after just a short time my blood pressure was already getting out of hand again. Even just 2-3 times a week that I do manage to do makes a huge difference for me healthwise.
  • Hey all, I started unofficially before New Years, and then officially New Years. I was told to start on program #3 but didn't understand the new LA diet #'s so I am doing the old colored diet plan (red) if that is not right, would someone please let me know. I want to do what is right with what I have. The info I have I bought from Ebay a few years ago. It was all in a folder (all plans included, all food for each plan, carb cravers food, frozen food list, restaurant list, etc). I just hope I can stick with it this time. I am watching my mother die from overweight health problems and I don't ever want to be in that situation, ever.
  • Hello everyone,

I am new to this thread, but not new to the site and LAWL. I decided to order the new materials from LA to your door, eventhough I was mad at the company for how things were handled when they closed. This really is the only program that worked for me.

Now I'm 41 years old and back, I am sure the process will be slower this time because much has slowed down. I did the program almost 10 years ago, lost 35 lbs and kept it off for about 4 years, then life happened and I fell back into my old ways.

I have a personal trainer, because we will this Shape Up Challenge on Jan. 11th. That was my Christmas present to myself. I want to get this extra weight off and keep it off. My goal is to start the old 21 day boost that we used to do on January 17th, just to see what kind of kick off I can get to motivate myself to continue on. I have about 40 lbs to lose.

I am going to try out the K-Swiss Tubes crosstrainer shoes. I got the Reebok Zigs and I love them. I think crosstrainers are going to be the best for the type of workouts that she has us doing.

I could not remember my old screen name and password to get my old name back, but I remember some of you all from before.

Happy New Year and best wishes to you all!
  • Hi all..so cool to see the old regulars....

Welcome newbies!

I gave up diet coke in November 2009 because I figured it was rotting out my inside and I read that drinking diet soda was making me fat...Well, guess what, I'm a good 10 lbs heavier this year. Blame it on age (I'm 53), but I feel I can say that diet sodas do NOT make us fat..... not working out, eating junk, and not planning our food each day is what makes us, uh, height challenged!

Julie - Jan 18 will be here before you know it!!

Jillian - thanks for sharing your log and stats.....I commend you! Even with a sore back and old achy muscles, I have managed to log about 25 miles in the last 7 days. Not too shabby, but I was aiming for 28.....Consistency is key!! I've also learned I have to shut this darn computer off and JUST DO IT. I'm typically a morning work out gal, but had to work out a few nights and let me tell you, I slept the best I have in ages! So this may be my year to mix things up....

Atlanta is expecting yet another major snow fall (3-5 inches) on Sunday; they are already cancelling flights and will probably shut down the schools on Monday.....I better get my healthy food tomorrow morning before all the shelves are cleared out! Night all...........

Joni
  • G- where in South Jersey are you from? I was born and raised in Collingswood, then lived in Haddon Heights for 2 years before moving to VA with my husband's job...

Hellp guys! I lurk sometimes, just nothing much to say! School and work pretty much all that's going on! My new thing is workouts OnDemand... they're FREE and I don't get bored.

Happy New Years guys!
  • Hi Jers,
    I am in Wash Twp, Gloucester County but I grew up in Marlton. I started this diet over 10 years ago and since it is the only plan that you can start over year after year, I always come back to it. I do try to follow the plan all the time but I have one of those metabolisms (and my love of wine and good food) that every year I end up on a strict flow of weeks!
    I have to say that 6 days into it I am missing my wine....I will eventually substitute a glass for one of my fruits but for now I will drink a green tea.....ohhh, this is hard today! With the snow outside, the warm fire and NFL playoffs, it is no fair that January is diet month! Just needed to vent!!!
    I have about 15 solid pounds to take off this time.....and it all came on since Sept!! ugh..
  • G- small world! I was devastated when the centers closed! Mine was in Cherry Hill. I'm an Eagles fan, so I feel you on the football eating! I'll send you a pm with my info..
  • Hi JerseyM...lurk away...I do when time permits. I need to check out those workouts on Demand.....thanks for the tip.