Newbie... 100lb to lose

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • hi everyone! I'm Emma (27), mummy to two girls - Gabrielle (4) & Emersyn (6.5mo).. I've decided to bite the bullet & finally start doing something about my lifestyle... I weigh approx 253lb now & would like to get down to 153lb. 110lb is my 'ideal' weight according to my BMI, but I am being realistic & know that that isn't going to happen, but I'd be more than happy to drop 100lb - and after that, reassess things & perhaps try to get closer to the 110lb mark...

I hope I'm thinking right & that this board is for members with 100lb to lose? If it is for those who have lost 100lb, then I apologise for posting in the wrong area!
  • Emma!!

You're in the right forum! We are getting started, progressing or maintaining but really everyone is welcome.
  • thanks for the welcome
  • Hi Emma! Welcome to 3Fc and the the 100 lb club - you've come to the right place.

I think your plan to lose weight and then reassess your final goal makes perfect sense. I bet by the time you get there going on to 110 pounds won't seem to impossible but there's plenty of time to figure things out. The folks here at 3FC have so much good experience and advice and I know you'll do great!
  • Hi Emma You are in the right place
    I wish you success in your weight loss journey!
  • Hello Emma and welcome to 3fc's!
  • Welcome, you're in good company!
  • Welcome, Emma! Like the others said, you are in the right place. I hope this forum is as helpful to you as it has been to me. I look forward to hearing more from you!
  • Hi Emma! Welcome!

This place is awesome for support and motivation. Stick around and I'm sure you can meet your goals.
  • Welcome Emma, pleased to meet you!!
  • Hi Emma!

Don't worry too much about posting in the "right" forum. Other than plan-specific forums (where advice and questions tend to be about that specific plan), a lot of people just post everywhere...I definitely do. So feel free to look around and post wherever you would like. But this is a great place to start!

Can't wait to get to know you better!
  • Hi Emma, welcome!
    This is a lifesaver of a place!

Now; How're you going to do this? What's your plan?

• This is an amazing little corner of the world, and you're definitely in the right place.

Good luck!
  • WELCOME!!!

Glad you posted. Folks here are very helpful, supportive and have much wisdom to share.
  • Welcome emma. I just started too and have the same goal of losing 100lbs too. Yake full advantage of the site. Tons and tons of support from people who all can relate to each other. Its a struggle to change and suport is what can make it or break it. I get on here every day now. This place keeps me motivated and feelng good. Add me as a friend. My name is stasia. Hope to find more post from you