So far, so good

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • That's all I can say about today, as I climb out of a (mostly thoroughly enjoyable) Christmas eating phase.

Today I ate my healthy breakfast of porridge made with oats and water, sprinkled with flaxseeds.

So far so good.
  • A lot of us are with you in getting out of the post-holiday eating. Way to get back on track!
  • Thanks, beaka! Go you too!

Lunch: Made a really tasty savour bread and butter pudding, with leftover sandwich crusts, eggs and cheese. Lovely. Really wanted to eat scones while it cooked (a whole 20 minutes!!) but cleaned the back yard and washed some dishes instead. So far, so good.
  • I did quite well through the holidays, avoiding almost all treats (except one close encounter with a couple of sugar cookies...) but yesterday I acted like a nit wit downed several handfuls of raisins, and then went to a small dinner party where the dinner was not diet friendly AT ALL. Normally I would have been smart and saved calories, but yesterday, I was not smart.

However, I've now RECOMMITED. No more thoughts of maintaining. I'm going to see goal in the year 2011.
  • Good for you! I am climbing out too. I have not decided yet if I regret the things I ate over the holidays. Sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it? I set myself back 1 to 2 months but, long term I don't think I did any damage. That is, as long as I stop eating like I did last week.
  • I'll chime in on the so far, so good today and it's after 3 pm.
  • well done
  • holiday rehab
  • Yay Rosinante! Your doing good. Your doing a lot better than I am.
    I have been sooo hungry today. I think we are going to get out of the house a little while and walk around some. That will help to get my mind off of food.
    Thank you for your post ~ I'm not alone in this am I?
  • WTG on getting back on track! I am a little more hungry today than normal, too. I think it's a function of eating foods I don't normally eat (chinese, chocolate) even though they were accounted for in my calorie limits. Oh well, kept myself busy today and did some retail therapy to keep my mind off of it, and eating is back to normal today (and the treats have all been cleaned out)!
  • Well done everyone whose still in there batting!

I had a nasty run in with some mint chocolates (forgot I had them) but still finished under 1700. I know that's still quite high but at least it's lower than a couple of days ago, and it's logged.

I took a ton of leftover sweet stuff up to church this morning, and they ate it all! Phew!
  • hey you! was just wondering yesterday where you were hiding

congrats on healthy eating and a happy ny to you
  • Yesterday and today have been good for me, too. WTG chickies!
  • I think you're doing great; keep up the good work.
  • :Waving:
    Hi guys!

Well, this morning has started well. TMI ALERT!!! I had a really good bathroom visit - for the past week my poor system has been so bunged up, and yet I ate more..... not huge, bingey more but more than my system could cope with.
    Anyhoo, I've also had a Carblovers Diet compliant breakfast, and when I go and get properly up and dressed now, I'm going to spend time planning a whole week of CLD recipes, so that I'm straightjacketed up for the week ahead.
    So far, so good.