Thursday Chatters for January, 2011

You're on Page 7 of 14
Go to
  • It has been a dreary-looking day. I like this cool weather--for a little while at least.

Spryng, I don't understand how you put the cooked egg with your oatmeal. Do you scramble your eggs and then mix it?
    I have started eating Activia yogurt again. I ate it about a year ago and it did work with digestion.
    Anyone else eat it?
    Jeanne, are you feeling better today? How is Jess?
    Susan, enjoy your snow.
    Mimi, I've burned popcorn in our microwave so many times. What a smell!
    Maureen, I'm sure you've had a good weekend.
    farmgirl, how cold is it there? Do you cook chili? I tried turkey chili once but it didn't taste good.
    Tammy, glad you are doing good. Be sure to get some nutrition.
    Dori-----you can do this! One day at a time, remember.
  • Morning all!

Tina, I plop my raw egg right on top of the uncooked oatmeal and water and then put it in the microwave for 2 min, stir it, then cook for another minute, so yeah I guess it's kinda like scrambled within the oats, I add my splash of milk and splenda and it's pretty good! definitely filling I've tried the activia yogurt before as well, worked for me too when I took it daily.

Well today is the first day of my new position at work, I'm soooooo excited! I have a conference call with my new supervisor at 9am and I'll finally know more about what I'll be doing, then I'll be on the phone for virtual training at 10am-3pm, but I'll get an hr lunch at noon and I plan on hitting the 30 day shred again today to try out my new heart rate monitor, lol.. I meant to yesterday but the day got away from me. so anyway, that is what my schedule will look like for the next 4 months, teleconferences and 4 hrs of training each day.. can't wait to get through it all and into the real work

well everyone I hope you had a wonderful weekend and monday is starting out great for you! have a great OP day!
  • Jeanne

Have a great day!
  • No the smell is still trapped in the microwave. I have baking soda and newspapers crammed in it to help and the ionizing air cleaner blasting away in the kitchen.

I don't like the instant oats, too much salt. I like to cook the old fashioned ones (about 20 minutes) so that is usually planned on the weekend.

I had a pretty good week, I'm down three pounds from Thursday (my first day on points) more importantly I have gotten back to my WATP program sticking with the fast 1 mile for a while.
  • Thanks Tina!!!!
  • way to go Marion!!!
  • Hey everyone im ems i started bk at ww after a 2 year break and putting 37lbs i weigh in on a thursday. I lost 5.5lbs before xmas but after a 3 week xmas break i put 3lbs back on so now i want to get that back off and another 25lbs before my 30th birthday in july. Good luck this week everyone xxx
  • Hi Everyone! I've been reading the posts for sometime now and you all have been such an encouragement! I finally took the plunge and signed up for weight watchers. I'm doing it online since I have a hard time fitting in times for the meetings. I'm hopeful this works, I had been doing MRC, but honestly it was so restrictive I couldn't really do it. My job requires me to eat out frequently and I have trouble always saying no.
  • Welcome Ems and Lizbeth WW is a great program for living your life. Accounting for everything you eat is hard at first but you will get the hang of it.
    Please join us and we will give you encouragement.
    YOU both CAN DO IT!
  • HI ems and lizbeth, It's great to have you two here with us.
    ems, Christmas time is hard when you try to eat right. You can do this!!!
    lizbeth, eating out can get old, can't it. I'm trying to find places that have some good selections.

Mimi, you are doing great!
    Maureen, how was your day?
    Dori, let us know what's going on.
    Susan, glad your mom is doing good.
    Jeanne, are you having cake?
    Tammy, please check in here.
  • Thanks both I want to get it off for good this time im sick of being fat
  • Morning all!

Welcome lizbeth and ems! So nice to have new ones join us! Lizbeth I too tried MRC so I know how tough of a plan it is, I think you will LOVE ww, I know I was ready for the switch Ems, I gained over xmas too, two weeks of bad eating so its nice to get back on the wagon for sure.

Mimi, congrats on those 3 lbs down since thursday, that is fantastic!

Well we got more snow overnight so school was cancelled today, gonna be a challenging day of work for me since I'm on the phone for 5 hrs today training.. try keeping 4 kids quiet for 5 hours, LOL.. gotta find my duct tape, lol... just kidding! But anyway, hopefully I can keep the phone on mute and it won't bother the others in the training class. I did get up at 5am and hop on my stationary bike so I got my exercise out of the way for today yesterday I did the 30 day shred again, it does get a little easier each time but still a killer workout! anyway, I hope everyone has a great tuesday!
  • Hey everyone! Well we have been out of school and work all week cause we got 8 inches of snow. We are still out tomorrow too. Dh has been home so I really haven't eaten very well. I have been cleaning carpets and trying to get our house ready to sale. I want it on the market by April, but there is still a lot that has to be done. ARG!!! I feel overwhelmed! Anyway, I hope all of you are staying warm cause it is FREEZING here! The kids have had a blast though. I have an apple pie in the oven (see what i mean!) so ttyl.
  • farmgirl, I want a piece of that pie, please!
    So where are y'all going to go after selling your house? Close or far? Selling a house is no fun. Went through that last year.
    Sorry you are having food temptations. Stay warm!
  • Waves from frigid western Nebraska. A balmy -5 this morning. Brr!

Anyway, I'm Janelle, I was a lapsed lifetime WW member. I went back when they rolled out the new plan. It was just the kick in the arse I needed to get back on track.

So, with the holidays and hubby's heart surgery last week, I'm still down 5 pounds from 11/30/10.

Things are calming down now, so I should be able to really get on the ball.

Plus the boss gave us our raises today, so I'm splurging and joining the local community center/gym. When I've been able to afford it in the past, I went all the time.

A bit of personal info, married, grown twin boys, 1 granddaughter, Devani Elizabeth, and one due in Feb. I work for a veterinarian and live on a farm, with hubby, 3 dogs and a cat.