Joyful's Journey to Drop 26 lbs!

You're on Page 8 of 34
Go to
  • Congrats joyfullloser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Quote: Official Weigh-In Day: 168.6!!!! YEAHHHH!!!! I think I'm on to something here! The CHEAT MEAL worked even through my TOM week!

Oh..and my BMI is OFFICIALLY normal...24.9

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 1 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Pattie - 199 cals.
    Snack - Atkins Protein Bar - 240 cals.
    Lunch -
    Snack -
    Dinner -
    Snack -

Total Calories: 439 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running -

Today...cooking!!!
    You are AWESOME!!! Congrats on hitting the 160s and being in the "normal" BMI range. You are truly an inspiration for me. My goal is 165 and to see you so close just give me that much more motivation.

I am going to continue with high days and see what that does (I have one a week). The other day I ate a second piece of turkey meatloaf because I was so hungry, and I was upset with myself because I went over my calories for the day (by 271 calories), which caused me to have two high days in one week...but, I realized that if my body really is hungry than I do need to eat!
  • 168!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so in tune with your body... I am definitely on track to start the experiment. So I'll keep monitoring calories and the next time I have a TREAT, I will be sure to document its effects. I'm right on board with you!!!!

CONGRATS!
  • Thanks SlimB, Emme, DediKayted & Jenn!!!

I'm really excited to finally be in touch with my body. So far...so good. I get scared as I get close to goal, because I remember the last time (back in 2008) when I got down to goal, the last 10 lbs were unbelievably HARD!!! Back then I only had 30 lbs to lose...this time it's 60!!! There better not be a third time, cuz then I'll be tryin to lose 90 at this rate!

I'm impatient...I'll admit, so my goal is to get this fat off of me the quickest and healthiest way possible....ok...back to cooking...I've been literally cooking since 9 this morning...with no let up. I don't know WHY I commit myself to soooo many different meals all in one day. Bistro MD deserves the money they get...all this cooking is completely exhausting!!!!
  • Keep cooking, woman! It will pay off when you have all those lovely meals waiting for you in the freezer!!! Happiness!
  • More FOOD PICS!!!
    Ok...here's what's on the menu:

1. Teriyaki Pork tenderloin (yes, for another go around....this was GOOD!) - marinaded overnight, will cook today (no pics yet)
    2. Sesame Chicken (another repeater - but again DELISH!) - 400 cals.
    3. Thai Stir fry chicken over brown rice, green beans - 380 cals.
    4. Salmon w/Red Pepper Coulis over spinach quinoa, steamed spinach - 420 cals.
    5. Thai sauted coconut chicken, stir fry veggies or green beans, sweet potato - 415 cals.
    6. Sweet Potato Pancakes (DUD...threw away in the trash...TOO MOIST and SALTY...just GROSSSSSSSSSSSS! )

Didn't cook the Jamaican Curry Chicken or the Indian Chicken (ran out of trays and room for storage! Next week..next week.

• Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 1 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Pattie - 199 cals.
    Lunch - Salmon with Red Pepper Coulis, spinach quinoa, steamed spinach - 420 cals.
    Snack - 1/2 oz unsalted cashews, few raisins - 100 cals.
    Dinner - Sesame Chicken over rice sticks, green bean almondine - 400 cals.
    Snack - Activia Light Yogart - 70 cals.
    Snack - small Orange - 45 cals.

Total Calories: 1,474 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 5.3 miles (STRONG run...Woot!)

Will run at least 4 miles today.
  • and EVEN MORE FOOD PICS!!!
    Ok...here's the rest of the FOOD PICS!

1. Teriyaki Pork tenderloin (in homemade teriyaki marinade..YUM!)
    2. Homemade Chili (not the canned stuff here!)

• You know what? I need too get myself some of those portion'd containers to freeze my food as well!
  • Your food looks great!!! Yum!
  • Dedikayted - These are the dishes I saved from Bistro MD, I looked around for them at my local Walmart yesterday...seems the closest are the lean cuisine containers...you may be able to find them at an online supplier?

Jen - Thanks...and thanks for the Thai recipes too!

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 1 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Patty - 199 cals.
    Lunch - Homemade Chili, corn & green beans - 406 cals.
    Snack - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin - 139 cals.
    Dinner - Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin over brown rice & spinach, baked sweet potato - 420 cals.
    Snack - 1/4 oz unsalted cashews, few raisins - 60 cals.
    Snack - small Navel Orange - 45 cals.

Total Calories: 1,509 cals.

EXERCISE:

NO EXERCISE TODAY..Uggghhh...

***EDIT*** Will run at least 4 miles today...must get back on regular schedule (M-W-F-Sat running)! Grrrrhhh!! I'm sooo sore today from those pull ups and my 5 mile run yesterday. My bum is killing me...aaahhh...good times...good times!

Yesterday I was able to do 3 sets of 3-4 pull ups. This is crazy, because I have no regular lifting or pull up program. I just have a pull up bar that goes under my doorway and every eehhhhhhhh...couple of days or so, when I pass it, I just started trying to pull myself up. The crazy thing is my 11 yr old daughter has been doing the same thing and now she can do 1 pull up.

Starting to think that muscle building is not as complexed as some self-proclaimed "guru's" would have you think. My upper body musclularity has increased substantially...and through running, my stomach is getting ripped...all love handles and muffin top gone...all without 1 single solitary sit up, crunch, etc.

Just my "observations" thus far...
  • Quote: Dedikayted -
    Yesterday I was able to do 3 sets of 3-4 pull ups. This is crazy, because I have no regular lifting or pull up program. I just have a pull up bar that goes under my doorway and every eehhhhhhhh...couple of days or so, when I pass it, I just started trying to pull myself up. The crazy thing is my 11 yr old daughter has been doing the same thing and now she can do 1 pull up.
    OOOOH! Now I am going to have to put my pull up bar back up!!!! I need to do this anyway so that I can start incorporating p90x back into my routine. Sometimes I think that I cant see my progress as much because I need to really add back the weight training so I can actually shape the body up. Otherwise, my body is just getting "smaller" but still the exact same shape..which sometimes fools me into thinking I look the same.

THATS A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT!!! YOU GO GURL!
  • Quote:
    Otherwise, my body is just getting "smaller" but still the exact same shape..which sometimes fools me into thinking I look the same.
    THIS ^^ is a GREAT POINT!!! Totally explains why I sometimes look the same to myself while everybody else is saying how "small" I'm getting. I know I need to weight train...if for nothing other than to lift these ever strinking lil raisinettes I'm sportin! From 38C to 34B-..uggghhh...sad isn't it? HAHA!

BTW, I got my pull up bar and perfect push up thingys to start P90x (which I also have). I like Tony Thorton (although I think he needs to put down the pipe..lol), I just was too big to BRING IT at the time I tried. It became painifully clear to me that P90x was not for something who's got 60 lbs to lose and completely out of shape...I will probably just use it as individual DVD workouts more than a 3 month program. I think I like being "out of the box"..
  • oh my goodness! guess what? I made up my own blueberry muffin recipe this morning. I used my muffin top pans and they came out perfectly and didnt stick. I used, 1% cottage cheese, lowcarb low fat milk, gluten free oatmeal, fresh blueberries, and eggwhites, and sf vanilla pudding.. But here's the funny thing.... I make a huge batter.. got 17 muffins out of it..and when I calculated the calories ...take look:

cals: 139

fat: 1.9 grams

carbs: 19grams

protein:10grams

Its just odd that it came out to be 139 cals, the same as yours! Strange! Maybe I need to play that number in the lottery.. ??? LOL!

Maybe I will see if I can take some pics.
  • Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 1 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage patty - 199 cals.
    Snack - Activia Light Yogart - 70 cals.
    Snack - Green salad with spinach, walnuts, cranberry, feta, grilled chicken, 1 tbsp light ranch, 2 tbsp sf rasberry vinegrette - 300 cals.
    Lunch - Homemade Chili over brown rice, peas, carrots - 406 cals.
    Snack - Pumpkin Muffin - 139 cals.
    Dinner - Thai sauted coconut chicken over green beans, sweet potato - 415 cals.
    Snack - small Navel Orange - 45 cals.

Total Calories: 1,574 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 5.2 miles (Hard until 3rd mile, then not easy...but got better)

WILL absolutely run at least 4+ miles today...by hook or crook!