Returning.

• Hey everyone,

After a long vacation from the site and from dieting, I'm back. Let's just say I'm back to where I started, but I'm a little happier me right now which I think it will help in the journey I'm about to start... on the road to a healthier (and skinnier) me.

My name's Amanda (but I prefer 'Manda). I'm an 18 year old college freshman at Bucknell University in PA, majoring in Biochemistry. I take a long break from dieting because I wanted to spend a lot of time with family and doing the things I love to do over the summer before I left.. and I kind of forgot all about the diet. I'm almost done with my first semester at college, and I think I've finally settled into the life that I can start dieting again (but their are so many more temptations here! and it's so hard to get to the gym due to my schedule), but I finally have friends that accept me as who I am... so I finally feel ready to really do this.

I'd like to lose about 150 pounds. Whew! That's a lot. Last time I checked I was about 275, and I'd like to get down to about 125. This time I'm going to try not to let myself get discouraged.

Anyway, I hope that I'll be welcomed back with open arms.

'Manda
  • Welcome back Manda!

Going off to school is a huge change in your life. You were very smart to get things in order before you start off in your journey with us - now let's get to work!

what plan have you decided that you are following? we have a november challenge going - you can join at any time - go grab a glass of water and start chatting!

Dana
  • Thanks so much for the welcome.

As for plan, right now it's going to be just to drink a lot of water and avoid snacks as much as possible.. I realize I'm going to end up eating at night sometimes when I have to do something to keep myself awake to do homework and my stomach starts growling... but other than that avoid sweets. I'm going to work on getting some fruit in my room and actually wanting to eat it.

I really wish I could get to the gym, but I lack the buddy to go with because all of my friends go to the gym while I have somewhere I else I need to be. With such a lab intensive major (at least two lab sciences a semester until I graduate) and a scholarship requirement of working 10 hours a week, it's hard to find time to get to the gym at anytime. Maybe next semester will work at a little better, but it's not looking that way. If anyone can give some other helpful suggestions with what I can do with such limited time, I'd greatly appreciate it.

--'Manda
  • Hi!
    welcome back! I thought your login sounded familiar. I agree just starting college is challenging enough and then adding the pressure of weight loss may be tough but not impossible! I would think that you have lots of oppurtunity to walk from building to building each day. I would find new excuses to walk if at all possible (keeping safety in mind of course). Your idea to keep your snacks healthy is also a good idea. It is ok to snack on fruit like you said or something like cheese sticks. They are only 90 calories and are all protein which will help tide you over until your next meal. Of course this will only work if you have a fridge to store them in! good luck and keep checking in with us when you can.

ps-atleast you wont be getting the Freshman 15 this year!
    laura
  • I'm hoping for the Freshman -15.
  • Welcome back Manda!
    Good luck with the journey, and I'd love to see the freshman -15, it was my freshman year in college when I did the freshman 60 and just went up from there.

• Welcome back!!!