Well, I just had the best spaghetti ever!

• And it didn't even have cheese!

That's big for me!

My husband made these huge venison meat balls with lots of spices like red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper and just a sprinkle of kosher salt.

Then I poked holes in a spaghetti squash and stuck it in the microwave for around 5 minutes, then turned the microwave off, and let it stand for another 5 minutes.

After, I sliced the squash in half, and clawed the innards out with a fork. It was a small squash, so we halved it.

Next, I evened out the meat balls, and opened a can of organic tomato sauce. I dumped sauce onto each pile of "noodles", and then stuck them back in the microwave for an additional 1-2 minutes each, and enjoyed!

It was delicious!
  • Sounds delicious and simple. Spicy meatballs....mmmm! Lots of people recommend Spaghetti Squash as a wonderful substitute for noodles. If all I have to do is poke holes in it, I'm game. Very cute cat, with his Mickey Mouse hat!
  • Spaghetti Squash is AWESOME. I do not make it in the microwave, I cut it in half and roast it with olive oil.

But it is for sure yum!
  • I love spaghetti squash. I always have some in the freezer, one of my 3 must haves, the other 2 being cauliflower "rice" and roasted butternut squash. I micro it 5-7 minutes to make it easier to halve, then I roast it sometimes if the oven is already going. Otherwise continue to micro it.
  • I feel so behind - what is Spaghetti Squash??? Is this a specific type of squash or just squash that you somehow slice/grate into spaghetti-like strands? I probably need to start making this!
  • Sooo good. Is a major staple in this house! Wish I had some now...lol