IP Daily Chat - Wed. 22 Dec. 2010

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Quote: Hey guys,

Hope ya'll don't mind if I join in. Some of you may remember that I was about two weeks into the diet (11 lbs down) in November when I found out I was pregnant. I, of course, immediately stopped the diet.

I'm sad to say that I had an early loss in mid-November and it just really threw me. I have been in a real funk/depression for the last six weeks or so.

We are going to start trying to conceive again in February, but until then I am trying to get myself back on track. I'm planning on restarting IP after we get back home from traveling for the Christmas holiday. I have enough packets to go for a couple of weeks before I go back to see my coach.

I've only regained 4 of the 11 lbs I lost, so I'm considering that a victory.
    I am so sorry for your lose. I cannot image what pain and grief you have gone through. Blessings and prayers to you and your family.
  • Good Wednesday morning Everyone!!!
    Well only 3 more sleeps until comes!!!!!

And tomorrow we leave to spend Christmas with DS & his family in the city, I am so excited!!!!

Wishing all my fellow IP'ers a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a
    WONDERFUL IP YEAR IN 2011!!! :

Hope ya'll don't mind if I join in. Some of you may remember that I was about two weeks into the diet (11 lbs down) in November when I found out I was pregnant. I, of course, immediately stopped the diet.

I'm sad to say that I had an early loss in mid-November and it just really threw me. I have been in a real funk/depression for the last six weeks or so.

We are going to start trying to conceive again in February, but until then I am trying to get myself back on track. I'm planning on restarting IP after we get back home from traveling for the Christmas holiday. I have enough packets to go for a couple of weeks before I go back to see my coach.

So sorry to hear of your loss Leigh --- don't give up and keep on trying. Took my husband and I 6 years of trying, giving up, and then giving birth to a beautiful boy who is now 7 years old!

Good luck with the program --- I know you can do it!

L

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Your right, it is a great victory that you have kept the weight off and I am glad to hear you are coming back to 3FC - I've missed your input.

Have a great holiday!
  • Good Morning all... I'm heading to town for my weekly weigh in... which I hate because I always weigh 5 pounds more than I do at home.. in the nude, in the morning before anything crosses my lips. So, I'll keep that in mind so I'm not disappointed... picking up a few more puddings.. they seem to be what helps the most.. I'm interested in all these cheaper products everyone is mentioning, also I ran out of multivitamins that I picked up from my coach so got out my own bottle of vitamins and compared them.. looks like mine our better, or have more mg. than the IP product. Except for the potassium. Is anyone else using there own generic vitamins? And what should I be watching out for. Thanks for this... Good luck to everyone over the holidays.... be strong, it will be worth it. Much Love and compassion for all... and to all a good time!
  • Supplements
    Quote: I'm interested in all these cheaper products everyone is mentioning, also I ran out of multivitamins that I picked up from my coach so got out my own bottle of vitamins and compared them.. looks like mine our better, or have more mg. than the IP product. Except for the potassium. Is anyone else using there own generic vitamins? And what should I be watching out for.
    Good luck with your weigh-in.

With minerals you aren't what you eat, you're what you absorb! The mg can be deceiving; some forms of a mineral, say oxides or carbonates, are processed by your body like a rock, passing through largely unabsorbed. Other forms of the mineral, (citrates, aspartates, malates, chelates) sort of "trick" your body into thinking the mineral is food and you absorb the mineral for use, which is what you want.

Other note: Vitamin D should be D3, cholecalciferol, not "D" or "D2" or "ergocalciferol."

If your product has similar forms of the minerals and vitamins as the IP supps (mostly citrates IIRC) and similar levels, then go for it. If not, use the ones you've bought as backup when you run out and don't have a clinic visit scheduled for a few days.

I am sorry to hear about your loss. But glad to see you back on the board. Good lluck to you

Life gives us a full plate sometimes...so here is a hug for you and glad your back with us..and I also think thats a victory...so charge ahead...
    : cheer:
  • thank you for your input. I will definitely have a closer look at the ingredients in my multiple vitamins.

I had a great WI... down 5 pounds from last week. What a great way to head into the holiday feasts.

I love this diet. Especially since I'm healthy again after a 2 week cold and swollen glands, which almost made me believe I needed to get off the diet until I was healthy again... and of coarse wondering what part the diet had on my lack of health.

thanks again for the feed back.
  • another weigh in today and I'm down another pound..but last week I lost 8 lbs and I started my cycle yesterday..so she said I was retaining fluid..I'm really excited after 10 weeks I'm down 43 lbs...
    wow that just makes my head spin...I am so happy..and wow
    my body has changed...
    Tomorrow is my 22nd year anniversay and I have this really nice dress to
    wear..and I have a date..but I will control the food...

Christmas I get to see lots of family that have not see me since I lost any weight so it will be fun...:
    To tell you the truth I'm really having fun on this program and life change...
    I really like it a lot...Several people have now asked me about the program and are thinking about starting after the 1st of the year..

sumo:
  • Toot! Toot! Had my WI yesterday and lost another 3 pounds. it seems that I am losing 3 pounds per week consistantly, how can I lose more? maybe at least 2 more pounds per week. What kind of exercises do any of you do? I am in my 5th week. sorry, I am also very grateful to have lost the 3 pounds.
  • Quote: Good morning friends,
    I have been gone for some time now. As some of you know, we lost my dad on November 7th and it has been difficult. My family has pulled together and we are supporting each other. However, I have not done well with my eating habits. I am not using this as an excuse, but it has been very hard. I know that I turn to food for comfort. I plan on getting back in the right frame of mind over the next few days and back on plan. I felt so much better when I followed the protocol. Anyway, I wanted to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and let you know how proud I am of each of you and how privileged I feel to have the opportunity to share with you.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
    Tina Lou
    Tina Lou,
    Take care and know that you will get back on track. It's difficult to lose a loved one. I understand using food as comfort. I'll be praying for you.

Wendy

• hi there!
    This is my first post. Today was my consultation and I'm very excited about starting IP next Wednesday (after all the family holday parties and to end the year with a new beginning). Kudos to all of you - I've been lurking the past month and b/c of your advice and support for each other I decided to use IP as the first step/ tool in my lifestyle change. Have fun!
  • Quote: This is my first post. Today was my consultation and I'm very excited about starting IP next Wednesday (after all the family holday parties and to end the year with a new beginning). Kudos to all of you - I've been lurking the past month and b/c of your advice and support for each other I decided to use IP as the first step/ tool in my lifestyle change. Have fun!

You have given yourself the best gift ever! IP is truly amazing!
  • Quote: This is my first post. Today was my consultation and I'm very excited about starting IP next Wednesday (after all the family holday parties and to end the year with a new beginning). Kudos to all of you - I've been lurking the past month and b/c of your advice and support for each other I decided to use IP as the first step/ tool in my lifestyle change. Have fun!
    We'll be right here to share, support and keep you goin'!
    It's a great plan. Best I've ever been on and I could not have gotten this far without this great virtual group of friends. Look forward to hearing your posts.