Welcome Wednesday!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good morning! Today is the day I've been waiting for - last day of school before Christmas vacation, my daughter arrives from Houston and my son will arrive this evening, too. (He lives an hour and a half from here.)

I'm still dragging, but don't know if it's the sinus infection or just the busyness of the season but I've been heading to bed early every night and dragging myself out of bed in the morning. I'm so pleased that I'll have some time off to get rested up and healthy again!

Enjoy your Wednesday my friends!
  • Wasail and Wreaths Wednesday
    Good morning!

Morning came too soon today. I made pizzelles last night, and by the time I finished and cleaned up, it was way past my bedtime. I want to take a big platter of cookies out to Cindy and Richard today, and I'm taking another one along with me to Susie and Ramsay's. Since I'll be off now until after Christmas, we're exchanging gifts when the girls get home from school, and I'm so excited for them to see what I got them!

How's your Wednesday shaping up?
  • Heidi: It sounds like you have some good times coming up for the holidays. Enjoy!

Tomorrow is our Christmas luncheon at work, then I'm off until after the new year. It's just me and my husband again for Christmas this year, so it'll be quiet here. I have a full week of re-arranging and remodeling planned for the house.
  • Good morning, Heidi and Annie!

Heidi, today is my Friday, too! I bet you're really excited about your children coming for the holidays. I sure hope you start feeling better so you can thoroughly enjoy your time together. How is Fergie doing?

Annie, it sounds like we're all eager for a little time off to enjoy the holidays. I admit that I'm a bit envious that I'll have to work next week, though.
  • Cottage: What are pizelles? Did you take pictures?
  • Good Morning

Once again, I had to look at the title to come to grips with the day. Thanks, Heidi, for getting us started. I'm so excited for you to be having your kids coming in! Of course, I'm sure that means the grandcats, too. Enjoy!

Annie, yay for time off! You're almost there. I've been meaning to ask how your dad is doing? Better, I hope.

Linda, have a fun day delivering all your pizzelles!

Me
    1. Coffee
    2. Make pinon brittle
    3. go scan more pics
    4. finish box for mailing
    5. meet piano tuner

I think I'll go work on #1. See ya'll in a bit!
  • Happy Wednesday to you, Debbie!

Here's a link, explaining what pizzelles are -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizzelle

They're a Christmas tradition in our family, and all our friends look forward to them every year.
  • Hi everyone!

I've done all my chores and I'm just gonna exercise and relax today. Tomorrow is my sister's days off and we are going to the bank! I need to get a comb and lotion to keep looking fresh, hee hee hee! I ate vegetable soup with a banana for breakfast and it hit the spot. I'm gonna go walk now.
  • Happy Wednesday to all!!!

I usually don't work, but it is Xmas crunch week, and I could use the money (tips are big this week)

I have no food in the house except ingredients, and am short on time. Tomorrow, I have time, but DD and DS are with their dad.

DS is very sick, last might, he had a fever over 103 I am taking him in for a strep test today. I am also going for an early morning grocery trip.

I am still waiting for TOM, and am pretty well obsessed with it. All I can think is that being sick threw me off. I feel silly to be so obsessed, but this is so strange for me. I didn't use my discipline this morning, and skipped my workout.

BUT I am still not going to give up and go away. I WILL lose this pesky weight, even if it is hard during the holidays.

xoxo
  • I'm baaaaack! House guests gone. My eating has been horrible. Need to spend more time on here getting my focus again! I'm looking forward to getting back to some kind of routine.

Heidi - Woo hoo! Enjoy your time with your kids.

Linda - I love that you are excited about that. Seems here that we are so complacent now about giving gifts and I miss the years when my boys were young and their eyes lit up.

Annie - Sounds like a busy vacation.

Debbie - Did you get slammed with snow? One of our guest was from Crested Butte and heard he got many feet in his absence.

Okie - Chores done already! Enjoy your day.

Beloved - Loved the pic of you and DD! Hope DS is better soon.

Have a great day all
  • Thanks Karen!
  • Wow! Today I need to go into overdrive. It's a good thing I had a nice long sleep last night - 10 until 7 with only one pee break. That should keep me going without an afternoon nap.

I have a huge list plus many things I've forgotten to list but will just carry on. I still haven't finished the wrapping but will get at that shortly so I can start setting up my diningroom table. This will be the first big event with my new (old) cherrywood table with all the extensions and I am pretty sure the pad and big linen cloth will fit although this table is wider than the old one. If not, I'll be off to Fabricland in the city and lose another three hours out of my week.

Today the dogs an I go to a Christmas dinner at the clinic where we do pet therapy. There are now 18 clients who are cooking the turkey lunch and 12 of them are men! It should be interesting. Most of the clients are in the early stages of Alzheimers or other types of dementia and need lots of direction to keep them focused. I am planning to arrive just at sit own for the meal time! It should be fun and I know my two dogs will have a ball.

Tonight is another event - Claire's grandson insists "Cousin" Ruthie be at all family events and it's his birthday. Eric's birthday meal is spaghetti and meat balls with Caesar salad and ice cream cake. So much for healthy eating! It should be fun though and an early night.

Time to get cracking on my day. I don't function well (or at all) in messy circumstances.

God rest ye merry, Gentle Chicks!
  • Morning

Heidi, Every mom looks forward to the day her kids come home. Enjoy!

Cottage, Those cookies sound so good. Have fun with the girls!

Annie, Sounds like you have some work ahead of you but bet it will be so much better when done. Don't work too hard.

Lex, Gosh, everyone is so busy. Go scan those pics girl.

FO, Good for you getting the exercise in.

Beloved, Sounds like you are stretched thin. Hope your son gets better and you get some good healthy groceries in the house.

WT, Hang in there. It will soon be over and we will all be back on the straight and narrow.

Ruth, As busy as you are, I love your up-beat attitude. Enjoy your day!

As for me, I have a nice quiet day planned (will see if it works out that way). I will be doing some last minute house cleaning and making my final list of groceries for tomorrow's dash. It's raining again here so will now throw on my parka and head out for the walk. Not looking forward to it but it is a "must do" for me. Later
  • Greetings all!

Finals are finally over! Didn't do as well as I hoped, but it happens. Next semester is packed! I'm going to the doctor today to figure out what's wrong with my shoulder that causes me a decent bit of pain over the last few years (but thankfully it doesn't while I am working out). Then off to play racquetball- I haven't played in forever and it's my favorite way to work out.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Good afternoon friends Yes, I'm still drinking coffee but it's cinnamon hazelnut now

It's been a busy morning. I'm making a butternut squash cranberry casserole to take to Mom's, some butternut fries for dinner, Kalyn's White Bean Artichoke dip, and bread. Also doing all the usual wrapping, cleaning, etc. Meanwhile we sold my Echo, so one less car in the driveway! It was hard to part with it but it was the right person at the perfect time, it needs to be gone before the first plow.

Hoping to get back for personals tonight after exercise and dinner. Hope you are all having a good, not too crazy day