Catching a glimpse in the mirror....

• So yesterday we were at the crowded mall and I just happened to glance over at a mirror and for a second I thought "I'd like to be as thin as that person".....and then I quickly realized that it was ME in that mirror! LOL

Then at church today I was walking into the bathroom, which means walking toward a full length mirror to get to the stalls and again when I glanced in the mirror I was shocked and thought "Wow, is that really ME?"

I guess sometimes I still think I'm still too flabby, or maybe I need to lose a few more pounds or my boobs are too small now or whatever....but the episodes above have happened about 3-4 times in the past couple of weeks, so I'm realizing that I *AM* finally happy with the way I look And while I do think I really need to work on some flab, clothing DOES hide alot and no one has to know about the bad area's
  • good for you!! i cant wait until i reach that point !
  • Thats so very nice to hear! So many of us (including myself) NEVER seem to be satisfied with ourselves. I promised myself if I ever get back down to 150...I will totally APPRECIATE it!

Congrats on your success!
  • I still enjoy looking at this improved me. I love looking at my bones- collar, hip, wrist, cheek. So glad to be at this point.
  • Especially a Mama to Five - Good Heavens!
  • I'm not a maintainer yet, but I liked this thread.

Some days, usually right after I've dropped some weight and my body is changing because of it, I like how I look better. Then when I get used to it, I realize I'm not satisfied yet. But that's okay, because I'm only like 2/3 of the way to goal.

Karen925: I love being able to kind of see and feel new bones. I can't wait until they're more pronounced. I think seeing my bones is just beautiful. Don't know if that sounds strange, but I really do feel happy when I can see them better. Can't see too many yet, but they're there!
  • Quote: Especially a Mama to Five - Good Heavens!
    Yes, that is why I have the flab belly And the almost 10 pounder really did me in LOL

LIANNA-Thats exactly the point I was attempting to make. So many times before I would lose a few pounds and feel good, but then after being at that weight for a couple of weeks I would decide it wasn't good enough....But now I can honestly look at myself say that I look ok. Not PERFECT by any means, cuz I have alot of toning to do...but good enough that if I stayed at this weight forever, I'd be happy
  • Quote: now I can honestly look at myself say that I look ok.
    Not PERFECT by any means,
    but good enough that if I stayed at this weight forever, I'd be happy
    Me too.
  • I'm with you! We can be so hard on ourselves - staring down the jiggly bits in the mirror! We had a special occasion weekend and my hubby snapped a few pictures of me that I didn't know about. I have been looking at them over and over, not believing my eyes. Sometimes, the brain moves along a lot slower than the body!
  • Quote: Sometimes, the brain moves along a lot slower than the body!
    Yes, very true LOL