Accuweight Bead Diet

You're on Page 3 of 34
Go to
  • Haven't posted in a while...but here I am...
    Hi all...wow it is super quiet on the board; I have been off program for the past month or so, taking a break - can honestly say i didn't enjoy the break because I felt out of sorts...but I needed to take a break just so I can appreciate what I accomplished and to taste real food for a while. My weight is only up 4-5lbs...and I am not trying to minimize it, and I know I can get that off once I get back on program. That is how fast the program works..so I am not freaking out. My clothes still fit the same. I didn't overbinge while off program, I just didn't adhere to all the rules I followed for the 3 months that I was on..I did eat a few times after 7pm. Those of you who are new...DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED (even if you do not see any postings on the board)...THIS PROGRAM DOES WORK!!!! GO BACK AND READ ALL THE PAST POSTS FOR ENCOURAGEMENT. I can honestly say I didn't think I would lose 36lb in less than 3 months..and I did. I just knew I would fail, bc WeightWatchers was too slow and others diets were too much work! This clicked!! and the weight melted off...I am still wearing 14 (yeah...) in fact, I can fit some 12, and I bought a size 10 skirt ..mind blowing it is a little snug but once I am on program for a good 2 weeks that skirt will fit, no doubt about it...what is sooo amazing about this program is if you are FAITHFUL and DO NOT CHEAT and rotate and drink your water..you lose inches like crazy..don't worry about the scale...see the inches melt off..
    You can try on an outfit on Monday that is gut busting tight...within 2 weeks of FAITHFUL EATING that outfit can fit...that is what I love about this...

I just wanted to check in briefly..going back on program tomorrow..bc my goofing off days are over, enjoyed my bead vacation and can't wait to get back to eating on plan. I have about 40-45 to go...and my ultimate goal is to get to a size 8 by May (certainly realistic)...and I WILL DO IT...This is kick butt time!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE..HANG IN THERE!!
  • Hello Everyone. Well I started 1/3/11 and I lost 11.5 pounds my first week. I am excited yet still curious. I changed my eating. I started at 287 and need to go dwn to atleast 150. So Im trying to do this in 7 months. OK Will wrking out expedite this or what. I use to be a fitness instructor and as well asay college has me off balance. I am wrking on my Masters now and in Clinicals so If I can manage this with this program and you guys help It will wrk. The beads are alot itchy and I want to scratch my ears off at times. Anyone in Queens NY? I want to hear from the people that excercisise with the program..
  • Will Exercise Expedite?
    Hi Cheryl123...I'm told by my counselor that exercise doesn't necessarily expedite the weight loss. Yes calories in and calories out theory applies. Because your caloric intake is so low they discourage intense exercise, especially during the day, and only recommend exercise after 6pm. This program works so efficiently that you do not need to exercise, however, you can do light cardio and pilates for toning, stretching, etc. Strength-training is definitely FORBIDDEN!! All in all..I say keep with the program, doing what was recommended and get light exercise in and maybe some ab workouts, but I wouldn't go overboard. I never would have imagined losing 36lbs effortlessly with no exercise..meanwhile I went to the gym 2 years ago and bust my hump for 4 months straight 2 hours a day and only lost 20lbs...that tells me a lot...I was strong physically but I am certainly more leaner with this program. Much success to you...keep up the good work!!
  • Hey all... Just checking back in.... Down 47 pounds so far since 12/7/10.. My initial goal was 40 pounds so I am happy to report that I surpassed that. Well, I am going to Vegas on 1/27th so the goal is to stick strictly to the plan, go to Vegas an enjoy myself... When I get back, go on for a week (to undue the Vegas Damage ). Then go on transition.

How is everyone doing?
  • WOW Bead Guy - you are doing terrific! Congrats!!!
    I did wonderful on this plan a year ago but as with everything in my life I give up. I just re-committed this weekend and want to feel as good as I did when I last followed it to the "T".

My dad was in ICU all weekend after a scare and I need to take care of myself before I am in the same boat. Praise God he is OK - but he and I both need to get ourselves healthy!

Will catch up on posts later. Nice to be here with other "beaders".
  • guywithbeads WOW Congrats!!

Kim in NJ I hope your dad is ok & Good luck with restarting this diet! You'll do it!!

I also was really successful with this diet a few months back I did it for a month I stuck to it to a T & lost about 34lbs, but then I came off, a bunch of stuff was going on & i had to travel back & forth from where I live to out of state then kept starting & stopping till I finally gave up.

But today I decided I will do it again once & for all. I have 4 months left till I have to go back to work and I really want to lose the bulk of my weight before I go back. SO EVERYONE WISH ME LUCK!

WE CAN DO THIS!
  • Hi everyone! I an still on maintenance but think I may go BOB to drop another few lbs. or so. I went shopping this weekend and I love my size but could trim up a bit. I have been exercising faithfully but you do not lose weight with exercise alone. Also you can't spot exercise - bummer.

Anyway congrats to all in your success and good luck to the rest of us!
  • Wow the nights really are the hardest on this plan... I could eat my furniture! I know in 2 weeks these cravings will be gone but for now it's just so hard. Think I should just head to bed and try to forget about all the junk in my house!
  • Kim in NJ i know how you feel. That happened to me last night and you know what helped me?? I took a tbs of honey in some chamomile tea ( or any flavor tea you like, I have all different flavors, candy cane,, vanilla chai, black & green tea..etc.) and sipped it real slow. I also have a never-ending supply of alot of sugar free candys like Baskin Robbins sugar free candies or Werther's sugar free candies. They are so good and really help! 4 pieces are about 40 cals & the Werthers I think its 5 pieces for 40 cals,something around there. I have cookies and cream and coffee mocha flavors. That and being stacked up on Extra sugar free gum help me sooo much too! I also have tons of Pepsi Max and all different flavors of individual sugar free packet drinks that I can pour in my water bottle, shake it up and have a sweet drink! Having all these things on hand really help me alot when I feel like I want to eat something I shouldn't. I figured I'd share my tips with you
    THIS DIETS ONLY TEMPORARY! WE CAN DO IT!
  • Hey guys. It's great to see new people on here doing so well!
    So.. I'm seriously back now.
    Day 5, 6 lbs down. Slight cheating occurred revolving around dark chocolate, but I didn't let them get out of control (like eating other things).

So I think I'm mentally prepared now to do this, but I've come to some conclusions about the diet regarding myself.. that 1) - someone mentioned the "rev meals" - they really do work! a couple years ago I went from 192 to 141/143 and I did so by cheating every so often.. I noticed if it was something sugary or processed, I felt like crap.. but if it was something like chicken or a subway sandwich, my weight would stall very momentarily but then drop significantly. I'm thinking this is actually a good way for me to stay one, but I will only cheat with protein like fish or chicken once I feel my body stalling or tiring.
    2) Been doing a lot of soul-searching and have finally fully committed myself to SERIOUSLY wanting to lose weight. Before it was sort of.. desperation, and I kept trying because I just wanted to stop being at my weight asap.. now I've come to sort of a wiser understanding of it, if that makes sense to anyone? Weight loss is such a personal thing.
    3) Honestly, this diet is great.. but if it isn't working, I think the transition plan is just as effective as a diet plan.. it might go slower, but it's still really healthy! Protein - fish/chicken/ with veggies and fruit. I just met up with someone who lost over 60 lbs doing callanetics and just monitoring his food intake. This diet, however, does something to your body in that it totally gets rid of all the processed sugars and the chemicals that keep you addicted to them. I read somewhere that your taste palette can change in 27 days, and i recall this DID occur with me, where the sight of sugary treats made me feel physically sick and even a bite would make me feel incredibly gross. So i've decided that after a certain amount of time on this diet, if I feel I cannot go on bc of social pressures to go out and eat (it is a huge hindrance, esp being a college student!) - I will just be sensible and stay away from sugary/processed foods as really not a diet, but as a general rule of life. I don't feel good when I eat those foods, I feel sluggish. My energy really picked up last time on this diet after the 2nd-3rd week. So i think if anyone else feels this way, stay on it for a while and then just be sensible.. eat protein like fish or chicken, combine it with veggies, stay away from sugar or flour as much as you can.. etc.

Over the holidays, I went through horrible eating habits, stress over the finals, college drinking with people who were toxic.. and now I'm in a much better state and I'm excited about this diet.

I'm going to commit myself to getting down to 150 through this diet.. then I will see where I am at in terms of how I feel about the diet. This will take me a month and half. Good luck to everyone!
  • Uggghhh, the past week I have felt like crapola!!!! I don't know if it is mental or what, but i am just tired, weak, etc. I have stuck to the diet as I have found that after my Xmas eve and New Years eve cheating it is harder to get back on the horse.... On the bright side. down 53 pounds. The last couple of weeks the weight loss has slowed to the 5-6 pounds per week rate, but I guess that is to be expected toward the end. Anyone have anything uplifting? lol
  • hey everyone, i'm new to this bead diet. Trying to do a little bit of research before i start. I came here hoping for some support, because my fiance thinks i'm a nut case-haha- well i got turned onto the diet from a friends mom who lost 60lbs two years ago and has maintained it. I have my orientation on friday and i was just wondering if anyone could help me with what to expect and some helpful tips. I have about 80lbs to my goal weight, and my health depends on it at this point because i've got PCOS, and it could affect my infertility if i don't lose the weight.

Thank you everyone! and congrats to everyone with success.
  • Hi Megsy.... sorry, just seeing your post now but I am headed to bed. i can write more tomorrow but it def helps to listen to the orientation over the phone first. it's a toll free number and takes about an hour. more tomorrow.
  • Thanks kim for the response. I started my beads yesterday along with the diet, and i feel like i was never in so much hunger pains than yesterday night. The entire day i was fine with no feeling of hunger until about 8pm. I tried so hard to fall asleep and i couldn't because i was so hungry i ended up staying awake til 1am crying because of the pain. But i made it through the first day and i'm definitely so proud of myself because i didn't give into the cravings for food. Today is day 2 for me, and i'm really nauseous and the hunger is definitely not as bad yet (knock on wood). Hot tea has been my choice of drink the last two days and its helping me get through today. Does anyone have any tips on how to make this first week more bareable? I've been rubbing my ears doing the breathing and drinking hot tea like it's my job.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I'm trying to keep it in mind that this is all mental and after this week it'll get better.
  • Megay - I want to encourage you.

I am also 5'2" and I started the diet at 155, steady at 124 for 3+
    months.

Just wanted to jump on for some encouragement!

I am below goal. In hindsight it wasn't easy but IT WAS WORTH IT!