On Plan Thread - 12/13 - 12/20

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan! This is the place for South Beach meal plan and food support, encouragement and questions.

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!

This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.

People in different phases of South Beach post here so it will help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!

While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?
  • busy busy day ahead. we leave tomorrow for minnesota and i still have so much to do around the house - thankfully, i packed last night.

-
    1: ezekiel toast, greek yogurt
    2: salad w/ a chopped up black bean burger, salsa for dressing
    3: roasted chickpeas
    4: no idea, hopefully we can go out instead of me having to cook.
  • Question concerning phase 2
    I am on phase 2, and I made myself a 100% whole grain 95% ff turkey and reduced fat cheese sandwich with lots of lettuce and two large slices of tomato. I used two slices of bread. Now, I don't see the problem as long as the rest of my lunch is a large salad with only veggies and no cheese.

What do you think? Did I stray to far to the liberal side. I feel pretty good physically, I am also full.

Lost two-three inches, and I am only at weeks/days, 2 weeks and two days on this diet. YAY! I only lost 5.5 lb, but I care more about the waist size to be honest. My friend told me it is obvious in the hips....SWEET!

Leslie
  • Zeff, I hope you're ready for lots of snow & cold!

Phase II

B: Cinnamon omelet, V8
    S: RF cheese stick
    L: Chili, carrots, hummus
    S: Tall skinny hazelnut latte
    D: More chili, trying to get it all eaten up
    S: Almond butter
  • two slices of bread is ok, but i would continue to introduce grains carefully. introduce them all at once and all of a sudden, you could stop losing. introduce them slowly and you'll be able to catch it sooner.

great job on the losses!
  • Holy PMS Batman! First entirely on-plan day in a bit.
    B-Wholegrain bread with natural pb
    L-apple, broccoli and hummus
    S-Spinach and feta egg wrap, then some cottage cheese later
    D-Quinoa, amaranth, brown and wild rice risotto and v8
  • murph - i know...good thing i packed plenty of books!

UNT - I've been the same way lately...are all of us cycling together because we post so much together? Hope you feel better soon.
  • Hi chicks, I went a bit off plan around my constipation but today I should be doing it all properly. I did have a pear and some yoghurt at 5am as I was really hungry. Then proper breakfast and cooked some veg for today. I am planning on doing exercise twice this week, lets see if it happens. I really hope I find the time! I am going to check my weight today, I think I am losing but then I think what if its water... I don't know... Good luck to everybody!
  • phase 2

b - oatmeal with almond milk
    l - salmon and white bean salad with spinach
    s - celery sticks with artichoke dipp
    s - shrimp with veggies
    s - lf cheese
    lots of water
    30 minute walk
  • Trying to get back into the swing of planning... but I am also trying to clear things out before we leave for the holidays, so I have a lot of random stuff left in the fridge that needs to be consumed.

Phase 2. Will try to eat lightly as there are restaurants and bars in my future tonight.

B - coffee with nonfat milk. Nonfat cottage cheese (rinsed) with a clementine and a lot of cinnamon.
    L - Breakfast #2. 1 whole egg + 1 white scrambled with spinach and feta cheese, veggie sausage, low sodium V8 juice.
    S - broccoli florets and orange pepper slices with spicy hummus!
    D - 1 or 2 drinks; I'm meeting an old friend at at bar. Will choose red wine or vodka/soda to minimize damages. Dinner will be another hurdle. If we manage to go to the taqueria I want, they have whole wheat tortillas and shrimp/tofu/grilled veggie choices. mmmmmm
  • Ok ladies, don't know how it happened, but I lost more inches and more lbs. I guess my body decided pms time is the time to lose...LOL I expect more to lose, due to retained water for the monthly. It is so neat, 41in. to 39in., 211-203....can't beat that with the good food on the diet...especially the second phase...LOL.

B: 2 ready to go spinach and egg quiches, 1 bowl of salad, 1 24oz coffee from 7-11 with some half and half and nondairy creamers....don't fret, it's my only nono I allow in this diet and am still losing weight.

s: 15 cashews and 6 rosemary/olive oil triscuits...LOTS OF WATER!

l:big bowl of my homemade veggie, no grains eggplant marinara dish. I needed to eat it, or it would end up in the trash...6 days old. LOTS OF WATER!

S: Celery and some carrots

D: Salad, fish, and broccoli

D: Yogurt with almond extract and maybe some almonds in it too.

If you see a problem with this meal plan, feel free to let me know. It always helps to get ideas and thoughts, though it is too late...LOL
  • Phase 2
    B-banana, strawberry and spinach smoothie
    L-FF greek yogurt w/ sf pb, flatout with hummus and spinach, and a few bites of leftover ancient grains risotto
    S-coffee cake (oops)
    D-pork chop with lemon brussel sprouts and sweet potato curly "fries"
  • Phase II

B: Veggie omelet, V8
    S: Tall skinny hazelnut latte
    L: Taco salad with refried beans, RF cheese, salsa, salad
    S: Carrots, hummus
    D: Chili with ground turkey, roasted veggies with fresh grated Parmesan
    S: Almond butter
  • ok, I changed my night time food status:

D: a glass of veggie and fruit smoothy. I used a whole container full of different veggies and added 1/4c of natural no sugar added apple sauce, and 1/4 cup of blueberries....Mmmmm!!!!!! I have another glass or more to drink tomorrow, so excited! I made half a cauliflower mashed potatoes with 1-2 oz of soft tofu and 1 oz of lf cheese, nf spray parkay, and some nf milk.

Ya'll should be proud of me, I ended up with a heck of a lot of veggies and felt great in the end.

I earned my yogurt, but unfortunately, Im coming down with something...so no dairy...Wahhh!
  • We got to Minneapolis successfully. The boys were awesome on the plane.

-
    Yesterday:
    1: 2 scrambled eggs, 1/2 asian pear
    2: blueberry fruit leather and a handful of crackers (yeah, yeah)
    3: oatmeal from starbucks mixed with 1/2 a smoothie infusion packet and some nuts (tasty and VERY filling)
    4: chili with lots of beans and veggies, coleslaw

today:
    1: veggie frittata
    2: quinoa and asparagus salad, small cup of chili
    3: going to a pizza party...I might stop and pick up some stuff for a salad or something, my body isn't feeling pizza.