Do you still weigh food, count strictly, etc..?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote:
    Also, calorie counting makes us different from 'naturally slim/skinny' people. If we act like they do, we won't LOOK like they do because we're different inside. I want to keep that 'distance' between us.
    A very true statement.
  • I've found that most people don't want to hear the truth - that maintenance looks the same as "dieting..." ie, it's a lifestyle change. Many people hold out hope that they can diet, lose that 20lbs, and then go back to eating loosely. It's deluded, but I was one of those people.
  • I still weigh and measure and track every thing I eat, from two skittles to a serving of cereal. Absolutely. I can't estimate to save my life, so the scale is crucial. I even have a small one in my desk drawer at work.

I'm with Glory, balancing your checkbook is considered financially savvy and responsible, but counting calories is crazy? Not to me.
  • I agree 100%, been maintaining for 9 years now. I still count calories and weigh. I understand it's hard when people tease etc. Usually I try and keep it to myself. It has always worked for me