Busting Sugar: December and beyond!

You're on Page 7 of 34
Go to
  • Cut my veggies up and bagged them so I could easily have a snack or for my salads. So had some with hummus for a snack today. Also walked on my treadmill. Tonight is fish, broccoli and brown rice for dinner. Am happy with stuff for today.. I ordered me a new scale.

Solly- What soap do you watch? I like Days of our life. I've been watching it forever. Did you watch the Biggest Loser? Hope you're going to go get groceries this evening.

Ellen- Did you make it to water aerobics?
  • Morning! Water aerobics yesterday was a really tough workout, and I was beat! I am sore today. Looking forward to going tomorrow for the new Friday class!

I have circle meeting at church this morning, then lunch out with a friend. Then later this afternoon I must undecorate the tree and take the Christmas decorations down.

SOLLY: Most places have evening classes for water aerobics. My aquatic center has classes at 6 and 7 two nights a week. A YMCA would have them too. Water work is exceptionally good. Its low impact, but since water is 12 times as dense as air, you get benefit from every way you move. Plus it kind of massages your muscles at the same time! I hope you can find someplace close by to at least try it. They use water work to help re train injured athletes, or for rehab of injuries. Ask your doctor.

• Hi ladies. DH had to work late yesterday so we did not get to the grocery so hoping we can get there tonight. I cleaned out the fridge, freezer and pantry and it is bare. So we have to go. I ordered the 17 day diet. Dr Phil had him on yesterday and the Doctors will have it on today. Sounds good so we are going to give it a try. Chaning everything every 17 days sounds like a good thing. I wanted to walk today if DH gets home in time. Calling for snow tonight and tomorrow.

Toni, what a good idea bagging your veggies. You are prepared and that is important. Good job getting in your walking too.

Ellen, I need to go to lunch with a friend.I need to get out of this house some. I will probably look into the water aerobics. I can't ge in water (other than a shower) for 30 days,

Crystle, saw on FB where you got your 10 minute mile. Congrats.

Off to watch the doctors. have a great day.
  • Howdy ho..... Just had a really late breakfast of fruit, yogurt and a whole grain english muffin. Steve is going to grill me a chicken breast tonight.

Solly- Hope you get your shopping in. I can't wait to hear what you think about the 17 day diet. I wish so bad I'd seen the show. I've been curious about it. Sounds like you're doing good. I sure hope so.

Ellen- Sounds like a busy day. Have a good time.
  • Good afternoon
    Howdy ya'll. Just being lazy today. Well, mostly lazy. I did do the wash today. It is beautiful here. I stood at the line and folded the clothes straight to the basket. Hanging it was another story. It was bit on the cool side then but not too bad. A cold front is coming through this weekend so we need to enjoy it while we can.

Toni...I need to prepare some veggies. Awesome getting on that treadmill again!!!!

Ellen..Sounds like you had a good workout.

Solly...Sounds like you got your mojo back. You got this.

Love and hugs,
    Crystle
  • Morning! They are predicting snow this weekend, so I guess I will hit the store after water aerobics and get any essentials I am getting low on. Here in Atlanta, its obligatory to shop for milk, bread and beer!

Water aerobics is earlier this morning, so I am already suited up and need to leave in about 40 minutes. Truth be told, its hard to hook the top of the suit so I like getting Tom to do it.

Have a great day, everyone!
  • Just had a good breakfast/lunch of scrambled eggs with a little cut up ham and some fresh fruit and a whole grain muffin. Now I'm having a nice cup of tea. Don't know if I'm losing weight but my eating is going good.

Ellen- The weather man is saying we're going to get snow Sunday or Monday. We'll see. I think tomorrow when we go to town for our anniversery lunch we'll stop at the store and get extra milk and eggs. Just in case. You're doing so great with the water aerobics. I just dream of having that around here. I would so love to do it.

Crystle- Hows the walking going?

Mercee- Are you working hard?

Solly- Hope you got the shopping done. Did you get snow?

Well back to having my tea, its oh so good.
  • Good morning ladies. Just waiting for my friend to pick me up. We are going out to lunch and whatever I can tolerate. We will see. We did get to thegrocery last night. 2 hours and $350 dollars later and I didn't feel like I bought much as I was waiting on the 17 day diet book. Like I said, we had nothing.

We have my great niece's birthday tomorrow and watching the bowl game and then basketball so I hope I can sit and stand. My SIL doesn't think he will make it with his hernia surgery since he really needs a recliner and they don't have one. The baby has a cold or something so my DD is taking him to the dr.

Toni, I would imagine you could watch the shows on their website or the station's website.

Crystle, I love the smell of slothes on the line but you sure don't see much of that anymores since washers and dryers. My mom had lines in her yard. Glac it is nice there. It is snowing here.

Ellen, we are getting snow now but it is not sticking as of yet. Just lots of flurries. It is funy hearing yoiu say snowin Atlanta,

Back from lunch. I didn't get to post before I left. Nice long visist just talking.

Have a great weekend.
  • Oh wow slow day. We went to lunch for our anniversery. Instead of dinner. Just having some beans for dinner. Its cold here.

Solly- Hope you don't over do this week end. Stay warm.
  • Hello Ladies:

My vacation will be over tomorrow and back to work on Monday after 2 weeks off. I had a great time we celebrated our anniversary, I worked out and had a colonoscopy during this time as well. They said they will see me in 10 years. LOL I got some much neede rest and some cleaning done as well. I will check in regularly again starting on Monday. Have a great rest of the weekend ladies.
  • Oh my goodness where is everyone? Had an okay week end. Making a pot of soup. Hope everyone is all right.
  • Howdy
    Good afternoon. I'm sitting here eating oven dried chickpeas. I'm addicted. They are so yummy. I used canned to make these but I want to try and cook some beans myself and then dry them. That way I can watch the sodium.

Mercee...hope you are having a good day at work. Today was hubby's first day back after a two week vacation.

Toni...soup sounds good. I made some squirrel stew yesterday. My youngest told me I owed him a pot of veggie beef soup. I was surprised. I didn't even realize he liked it.

Solly...how are you feeling?

Ellen...Did you get that snow?

((Everybody))

Love,
    Crystle
  • Hi ladies, trying to do one major thing a day. Today I did filing that had piled up for ayear. Now you ask how much personla filing can one have? Enough with life insureance reports, car insurance etc. Took me all morning to sort it and filed it and had DD file the stuff I can't do. Tomorrow I may tackle my desk which is a total mess or my top drawers, yuck.

Doing ik, go back for a checkup on Thursday. Hope I do not have to go back towork on Monday. Not ready for lots of reasons.

Ellen how much snoe did you all get. They are calling for it here tonight anywhere from 1-5 inches, They don't know,

Toni, did you all get snow too? I am going to gut all my veggies up tomorrow and make some dip. I got my 17 day diet book today and the first 17 days (all that I have read) seem doable. The hardest partis going w/o wine for 3 sets of 17 days. Hope I can do it. I think you can add back red wine 1 drink a day after that. It is really alot like SB except the first 17 days you get no carbs like, bread, pasta, cereal. Happy anniversary. How many years?

Mercee, Good for you getting the colonoscopy and glad you got a clean bill. See you back on a regular basis next week.

Crystle, I don't think I like chickpeas, or mahbe just never had them. Just don't look appealing to me. Can't have them on this diet right now anyway. Hope you will be here more now that DH is back to work.

We went ti Mexican as I didn't want to cook and it was our final meal before our diet. DH says he will half do it but will not give up his beer. Going to pick up a couple things at the grocery tomorrow night. Were going tonight but i'm sure everyone is there sticking up before the snow.

Hopefully wil be here earlier tomorrow. Have a great night.
  • Hello everyone! It snowed about five inches here, and up to seven nearby. This is very unusual for our area for sure! We were totally snowed in yesterday and then there was freezing drizzle yesterday and some this morning, so the roads are treacherous and we are snowed in again today. Everything is closed. This is why southerners run to the store for milk, bread and beer when snow is forecasted. You never know how long you may be stuck at home. My daughter can't get her car up her driveway, so she can't go to work at Publix, but they have so few customers this storm, its probably not really a problem. Usually grocery stores expect you to come in no matter what!

The traffic cameras that Tom has been able to access on the interstates show NO cars at all! And some friends of ours went sledding down one of the major commuter highways yesterday. Most of the interstates are closed. Its just too dangerous to drive on them. The problem is that they do not have snow plows and salt trucks here. No reason to spend the money on something like that when it is only needed once ever couple years. Maybe!

Last night I cooked Indian food. I have not done much Indian for a while...it was good! I hope I don't run out of anything essential before we can get to the store. I am low on milk, and I am a bit worried about that. I may have to put on my boots and walk to the closest store. I sure hope not tho! I am praying for some warmer temperatures...though it looks like nothing is warming up until Friday.

I spent the time yesterday playing on my Wii. Tom has a work laptop and has been working as much as he can from it. I am just thankful we have power.

Ok, off to find some coffee.
  • Good Morning Ladies:

Glad to see everyone is well here. It is snowing here. We are expecting up to 6 inches. I am doing well and still working out. Tonight I will do the Biggest Loser power walk dvd I do this to mix it up some and it is a great workout.

Ellen- I hope you guys are able to get mobile soon. I have relatives in Atlanta and they told me about the snow. Their children use to wish for snow now they are adults and now they have it. LOL

Solly- I did all my filing and cleaning out drawers when I was off for 2 weeks. Isn't it amazing how much junk we can accumulate. Glad you are doing better.

Toni- I stopped by the board yesterday and just left since I was the last one to post. How was your soup.

Crystle-I like chickpeas in my salad I have never had dried ones. What are you making today? You make such interesting dishes.

Have a great day ladies.