WW 20-Somethings December Thread

You're on Page 9 of 9
Go to
  • Hi everyone,

I just started weight watchers online yesterday. I am looking for some support so I thought this would be a good place to get it.

Also, does anyone know the forumula for figuring out how many points you get as a daily allowance on the new points plus plan? I know what mine is because I joined online but my husband kind of wants to do it with me but does not want to pay for it online because he won't log in and use it like I do. I am trying to figure how they calculated how many points I get in a day so I can calculate his.... anyone know?

Thanks so much for the help and I look forward to chatting with you all!

Amy
  • UGH chugalug. 3 pound gain over Christmas. Nose tot he grindstone, time to get it back on track!
  • Well, it seems like all of us are in a "holiday slump." I sure am. I think the last meeting I went to was the "new plan" roll out. Then school went into overdrive and since my vacation from work started, I've been eating like I did pre-WW. Anything. Everything. A lot of it. Soda. Soda. Candy. More soda. Lots of food. The works. And I haven't been doing anything more than playing video games. I'm quite terrified to step on a scale. But it is too late to change the past...tomorrow, being New Year's Eve, isn't exactly the best time for getting back on track...and I plan to be hungover on Saturday, Sunday will be shopping/prepping day, making Monday day one. I'm not sure why I have to have that "clean slate" all planned out, but for some reason I do. Well, I now will have no excuse to miss my meetings and I've even planned out workouts. I really have to do this. For me.
    Hope you guys are doing okay!
  • Hey Ladies. Happy New Year! I am super bummed to say that it turns out my husband will be working through midnight tonight. So I am kind of bitter. I am just trying to look at it as the crappy end of 2010 rather than the start of 2011. I refuse to start on a low note. I am just starting to get a bit jaded to the fact that I did nothing on Halloween and now New Years because my husband was working. I am torn between going out and having a good time without him or staying at home feeling depressed. LOL I know I would just hate if he went out and had a great time while I was stuck at work. :/ Anyway. Since we are all looking forward to our futures I wanted to share a fun blog I read about leaving the past behind yada yada New Yearsy stuff but it is really great and I think it can hit home for just about everyone.
    http://paulocoelhoblog.com/2010/12/3...eng-espa-port/
  • So, on the bright side, I only gained 1 pound over that Christmas stretch where I didn't track points or record.

Last night we went out for New Years Eve with friends and had TONS of fun! I entered the total time in the activity tracker for bowling and for moderate activity, I would have earned 12 points. But, I think it was more low-light moderate (I was sweating and needed water, but I could still talk, etc. and there were breaks), so I wrote that I earned 9 points for low activity. Does anyone agree/disagree with that?

Question--do we have to use the activity points we earn in a day THAT day, or can we use them during the week?
  • Quiet in here. Hopefully you are all recovering from a great NYE!

MrsD- Sorry I can't help on the activity points. I am running off of my old WW stuff still.

Well I am still dragging out my crazy eating habits from the past week or so. I don't know what is wrong with me but if my place is a mess I eat more. I don't know why or anything but if my place looks like a pig sty I become a pig apparently. last night I ate a HUGE piece of cheesecake with cherry topping. The first bite in I already regretted it but did I stop? I ate 3/4 of it and put it down for awhile, only to finish it about 15 minutes later. Oh the shame. lol But I had to tell someone so I felt even worse about it.
  • OH I forgot, I finally dyed my hair! The husband didn't even notice so I am guessing it is a decent color match. I can tell the difference. It is a little lighter. I really didn't like it at first and wanted to redo it today but I might just deal with it until I have to redo it anyway. I just thought I would share since I know I was talking about it months ago with you ladies. and yeah yeah I hear it now... pics later.