NOW You know WHY I hate Exercise!!!!!! Fell This Morning

• UGH....so after my stinkin 3 mile walk yesterday I have hardly been able to walk with my arthritis in my knee...I used cream last night and some meds the doc gave me JUST TO SLEEP!!! SO what happens??? Just now I'm walking VERY slowly down my steps with my diet oatmeal and water to my office to FALL DOWN THE STEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YE HA for me huh??????? My whole leg just GAVE OUT like NOTHING!!!!
  • Ouch. Did you hurt yourself when you fell? I hope you're feeling better soon.
  • eek! Hope no damage was done!
  • I think I would scale the walking back a bit until you can work up to the 3 miles. Not worth risking hurting yourself over it! You can still lose weight just fine walking 1 mile till you get limbered up a bit and strengthen your muscles. Just sayin'!
  • Have you seen a physical therapist about your knee? I also have arthritis in my knee and I have to say that it feels a lot better when I do exercise. When I was having pain though, I went to a physical therapist that helped and gave me exercises.

I also agree that you have to work up to it.
  • I, too, have to medicate for my knee just so I can sleep--it sucks! My doctor said that going from some exercise to a lot really fast can cause anterior knee pain... so easing into exercise might be the route for you... you know after you recover from your fall

Your fall sounds bad all you can do is rest.
  • OUCH. Hope you feel better soon. I would definitely start out slowly but keep walking! The body is designed to move, not to sit.