Day ONE on this Journey

• Hello Fellow Sojourners,

I am coming to this site for the first time as many of you have, at an all time high body weight and an all time low, emotionally.

Day one, and what is typical for me is to begin anew and then my A.D.D.-like brain has me even on to something else before day's end. Let's hope I am still posting on Day 14.

Looking forward to sharing the journey,

Smiles,

Mira
  • Take it one step at a time and make changes you can live with long term. I hope you'll check in here often because it really does help me a lot. I hope as you move through your journey, you'll feel better and better.
  • Thank you LuckyMommy!!!!

I am so sad I have to wait 20 days to add my ticker! hahhahah
    BUT, maybe in 20 days it will reflect big changes!

I am really not as emotionally wrecked as my original post may sound. Just shocked that I have let myself get to this point!

But I am encouraged already and just HOPE HOPE HOPE I can sustain my attention and stay with this program.

Thanks so much for replying. It does mean a lot.

• Take it one day, one meal at a time. Anybody can make healthy choices for just one meal...and slowly it begins to build on itself Don't get down on yourself if you make a bad decision, just get back up, dust off and get back on the bus.

You'll find so much support here. The women are phenomenal. Post often, especially when you need support or help staying on track. I've found it has been one of my best resources in my recent weightloss.

Good luck!
  • Zeffryn, that is a great time on your 5k!!!

I am walking/jogging one in two weeks...right now my time is about 50 minutes! hahahhah

Thanks so much for your reply!
  • Nice to meet you, Mira
  • Thank you, Karen, my neighbor to the northwest by a couple of states!
  • Welcome! Like, you I came here at my high weight and even though it wasn't that much to lose, I understand the burden it places on your body and mind. I have been losing horrifically slowly - it has taken all year to lose that 17 lbs. But honestly when I buckle down with my diet and really, really plan everything out (oh, and actually eat what I have planned), that's when I see the magical drops in my weight.

SBD is a great way of eating and you can tweak it how you want to fit your life. For example, I aim for only one grain serving/day, I don't eat meat (sometimes fish) and I don't like to use artificial sweeteners (my compromise is stevia).

This is a great group of people here and an amazing resource that can help you get your plans in order. Best of luck to you!
  • Thank you Emma. I would think losing your 17 pounds extremely slow means you should be able to keep it off? Congratulations! That is alot! I will be THRILLED to drop 17....but 25 is my goal.
  • Welcome!

Best wishes on your WL journey! I love this WOE! I feel so much better these days!
  • Lexxiss thank you and CONGRATULATIONS on how well you have done!
  • Welcome to SB! I've been on the beach almost 3 years now and love it. It's definitely a plan you can live with for life.
  • I look forward to reading more of your posts!
  • to The Beach, Mira! Checking in here often will go a long way to keeping you on-track and making it through Phase 1. Just take one day at a time, and before you know it, this way of eating will be 2nd nature to you!
  • Hi Mira! This is my first day too! We can do it!!!