150s -- Where are you all?

You're on Page 3 of 32
Go to
  • PlumBlossom- what is HCG? Also, I actually post in the 160's still. The thread has more activity than the 150's. I post to the 30-something monthly chat thread too. I gotta keep my hands and eyes busy on the computer and not in the frig.

I'm soo happy its Friday and I did the 4 days as planned. I'm nervous for the weekend and actually going through with the fasting. I did really well this time with the 4-day diet so I'm feeling pretty confident.

Today I sent my cancellation letter to LAFitness. I have DVD's at home and a gym for free on campus at my job. I need to stop wasting the money on a place I never visit. Paying money to a gym really wasn't a motivating factor in actually going.

I hope everyone has a healthy and productive weekend.
  • @ja2ma6lee - HCG is a controversial weight loss method that has been the only thing that has worked for me and the weight has stayed off. You take injections of the hormone hcg and eat VERY low calorie. It's been a godsend for me and a very large number of friends and family who have also used it to lose weight and keep it off. I try not to get too much into it on the boards as it can be a volatile subject but, I put it in my signature because I'll have periods of losing weight rapidly (like now) and feel like I should disclose how that is happening.

How are you doing on your program?
  • Plum - thanks for the info. If it works for you, it works for you. People wouldn't agree with fasting as being an ideal way to lose weight, but guess what?! it works for me.

I weighed in today at 154.5. I am back in my normal BMI (the Wii told me so).
    - From the 4-day diet I lost 2lbs
    - From one day of fasting (on the Beachbody Fast formula) I lost 1lb

Last night at like 2 in the morning I had to eat though. I couldn't fall asleep and was getting a head ache. I had a piece of cheese, toast, and pickle. I made my bf come with me to the kitchen to make sure I didn't binge. I def. feel you need to be in the right state of mind to do a fast. During the day yesterday I was totally there, then I indulged in my gambling addiction and threw myself off. My BF hates that I'm doing this but is being partly supportive which helps.

Also yesterday, I did a cleaning overhaul of the living room. It looks great. Like people live there and it's not the dogs' den. I rearranged the furniture so I will have room to workout. It has got me really motivated.

I'm planning on eating a dinner tonight. Something, lite like salad and leftover soup from phase 1 of the 4-day diet. Tomorrow, I'm going into the Transition phase. I want to be sure to continue to portion control my food.
  • I'm almost done with 150's!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!

150.5!

Wish me luck Chicks!
  • good luck beila!
  • Good luck Bella!

I'm done the fast and not too impressed with the results. I would say it was probably a 1.5 lb loss. Yesterday, I did have some food. Very little but I'm guessing that altered the results. I'm back to the 4-day diet. Started the Transition phase today. I'm hoping that the fast helped shrink my stomach so I'll feel fuller longer.

One thing I have learned is planning ahead. I do really well dieting when I plan my meals in advance and pack my lunch and snacks the night before.

Its a rainy day in Jersey. On the train to work. It would of been a nice day to stay home in bed.
  • @ja2ma6lee - I understand your losses being a disappointment but at least it's going in the right direction. And good for you for taking control of your environment (and getting your bf's support on the nighttime eating - love it!)

@Beila - WOW - you go girl!

For me, I have been stuck at this weight for a few days now and it's frustrating. But, I have gotten to this weight on two other diets over the last five years and have been unable to break through. So, I am super motivated. I REALLY want to be part of the 50's club! (For a while, anyway!) Pounding the water today and hoping for good news in the morning!

Stay strong, chicks!
  • Plumblossom- I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll be able to break on through to the other side. Looks like I'll be hanging in the 50's a little longer than hoped. The good thing is I'll be looking fwd to your posts.

I can't believe tomorrow is already March. I'm gonna stick to an exercise routine for March. I did awesome in January with exercise, the last week of Feb with eating so now all I need is to combine the two. Tomorrow I'm getting cable and internet at the apt. I was just doing the internet but that crapped out last week, so now I'm getting the triple play. Hopefully it won't totally consume me.
  • I'm FINALLY here. Whew! The 160's were tough and I suspect the 150's will be equally challenging. The bad part about getting closer to goal is that it feels like I am sitting in traffic. One month I am going 60 miles and an hour and then BOOM....comes to a halt. But I'm not giving up. I actually hit the 150's last weekend but because my body likes to mess with me and bring me up a pound whenever it feels like it, I didn't feel comfortable coming here till I saw 158 on the scale.

So voila....here I am!
  • Welcome ShanIAm! I hear ya. I got back on track with dieting and finally got in an exercise routine tonight. I just feel like I have such a long way to go. I just have such craving which lead to huge set backs. It took me a long time to get here and I hope not to get stuck here for long.
  • YEAHHHHH!!! So happy to be here...FINALLY! Hello all! Just got to the party, so seems I'll be sticking around here for the next few weeks or so. I LOVE IT!
  • Welcome to the 150s everyone! Maybe this thread will liven up a bit I have been in the 150s for what seems like forever but I have to admit I just started tracking my points again last week. I had a huge loss last week but after a weekend of indulgence I am hovering right around 152.5. The weather here is finally starting to look promising so I think I will get back into my lunchtime walking.
  • HAPPY March to everyone. Hopefully this is my month to drop into the 140s. I can feel it happening . Except to today's set back that is. I had lunch in the cafe w my old coworkers and dinner with my girl. Neither consisted of foods friendly to my diet plan. All the hard work I put into shrinking my stomach this past week may of gone to the waste side. I am paying for it now with gas and stomach cramps. Maybe this hiccup will be a reminder that my body needs healthy foods to feel good and not bloated.

I'm on my way home now (taking the train). Its cold out again and I'll have to walk my pups when I get home. I'm really feeling crawling into bed and making it an early night.
  • Hey there everyone! I've been in the 150s, more specifically 154 for about 9 months now! I've been reading on here faithfully but think maybe it's time to be a little more active on the site.

I'm not following a specific diet besides eating the right foods and I've been running for about 8 months now. I just joined a fitness studio that specializes in personal training and nutrition so while I'm spending WAY too much money than I care to admit, I'm hoping for a break into the 140s. I have a cruise in May and I'm desparately hoping to be in the 130s by then..we'll see!
  • Welcome Charleston. You'll find great support here.

I had a day off diet yesterday and it did not feel good. I had lunch with coworkers in the cafe which included icecream and a cookie. Then dinner with a gf at a cuban restaurant. It was way too much food. I felt like I was gonna burst and got really tired afterwards. When I got home I did a WATP mile walk and some stretching video off my ONDemands Sportschool (or something like that). Today I'm going back to phase one of the diet. Not for the full 4 days, def today and possibly tomorrow. I need to rectify yesterdays bad behavior.