I am the new kid on the weightloss block...

• I am starting this journey...I have no idea where to start...but I am committed...I am open to any wisdom...This post was a step WAY outside of my comfort zone...lol...but I am out here now...so here goes...
  • welcome to the Beach! This is a really great way of life and can make a big difference in so many ways. Have you read the book yet? It's important to understand the medical thinking behind the food choices we make. There are some really good recipes and tips in the top section here. This forum is my personal secret to success. I don't think I would have gotten the weight off and kept it off without the support, encouragement and butt kicks from the SBD Chicks. The Phase 1 and on plan support threads and the daily thread are part of my morning reading. Stop in and say hello
  • The biggest and bestest help to me when we started up on phase one was realizing that we didn't have to eat individual foods, but could use them as ingredients in meals.

First week we had beans, and chicken, and salad, etc.
    Second week we had chili, and stir fry, and taco bake.

The second week was so much better.
  • Hopefully that first post here will be the hardest part of this journey! I agree with all of the advice you have gotten here so far. Read: the book, lots of threads in this forum. And be prepared with meals and snacks.
  • Great step forward. Great to have you with us.
  • to The Beach! We look forward to getting to know you!
  • Welcome and I ditto the advice already given. Most important I think is to always have on plan food available and prepare in advance as often as you can. Based on experience, when you don't have the above in place, it is so easy to eat off plan. Good luck and come back often.
  • My husband eats whatever I prepare and I have never followed one menu from the book. I pretty much took our favorite meals and tweaked them to be SBD friendly. If you ever have any questions, just ask.

I have found this forum so helpful and I made a pledge to myself last year that I would post at 3FC every single day. It is always easy starting out-we all have lots of motivation to stick to our plan. Two, three or four months down the road it can get more difficult. My everyday pledge keeps me focused and even when I have an off day, I know I have checked in and know I will be checking in tomorrow. The beachers here are great and I've managed to stay focused on weightloss longer than ever before.

Best wishes!
  • yay!!! i am a newbie too... my stats are similar... size 20- wanting to get to a 14 if EVER possible!!!
    i have been a beacher for a week- and the pants all feel betteR!

yay!!!
  • Welcome!
  • Quote: yay!!! i am a newbie too... my stats are similar... size 20- wanting to get to a 14 if EVER possible!!!
    i have been a beacher for a week- and the pants all feel betteR!

yay!!!
    It's totally possible. I was a 20 in March and am a 10/12 right now. One day at a time will get you there!
  • Welcome! I'm a relative newbie myself! Like Cindy and other said, read the book. It is important to understand the chemistry of calories and how foods work with you or against you (okay, so that's my cliff notes version).You've heard the term, "eat sensibly"? That's what SB is for me.

There is so much great information on this site. Read, read, read!
  • Hello :-)

I also just started this week. Am on day 6 and just stepped on the scales... have lost 2kg (around 4.5lb's i think) and i feel great. I don't have a lot of weight to lose, only around 5kg but i wanted to feel better, have more energy etc. I have also noticed my skin feels so much better and i don't feel bloated all the time. Am very happy!

One thing thats saved me is the Lemon Pie breakfast recipe. Its amazing!! I don't like eggs very much.

Good luck :-)