When do you weigh yourself?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • what time of day, how often, and how many times before you record.

I like to weigh first thing in the morning....and I weigh 3 times and then take the number if it was consistent all 3 times....I have to do that cuz my scale is very wierd, sometimes it works fine and sometimes not...so when i weigh 3 times and get the same numberr then i know that its accurate. And I weigh myself everyday or every 2 days when I'm caught up with other things and I forget.
  • I weigh everyday. First thing in the morning right after potty break and shower. I weigh once but that's because I haven't had an issue with my scale being inconsistent.
  • i weigh every morning. my scale isnt consistent either. if i get 2 readings the same, i go with that. if i get 3 different readings, then i take the middle of the 3.i use sunday as the official weigh in for the week.
    Julie
  • I weigh in once a week on Thursdays at work. We're doing a weight loss challenge and I was actually the one to pick the day we weighed in. I figured being as far away from the weekend as possible was a good thing! When I used to have a scale I always weighed in in the morning naked after using the restroom but since I don't anymore I always make sure to wear the same outfit to work on Thursdays and don't drink or eat anything until afterwards. Figure that keeps things consistent. Our challenge is up in a couple of weeks at which point I will be buying my own scale, and I think I'll add in a Monday weigh in too. I couldn't be one of those people who weigh themselves everyday, I would obsess too much.
  • freakumdress, I do the exact same thing... except I also strip down to my panties
  • I weigh just about every day at home, but there is a more accurate scale at work and I weigh there about once a week. I have to get somebody to unlock the door for me, so I don't do it on a certain day each week, just when it's convenient.
  • I weigh in every morning after my potty break. I weigh myself twice.
  • I weigh daily every morning, after I go pee. I am usually just in underwear, since my clothes vary in weight.

I then log it here: http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/online/hdo.html

I change my ticker based on my weight Monday morning, but its rarely a surprise since I track it constantly. Very helpful for seeing how different activities and foods affect me, as well as hormones, sleep, you name it.
  • lol... i find it funny that all of us weigh after the potty...lol..hey it does get rid of a little something on the scale...lol

I also strip as well.
  • I usually weigh once a week, on Friday mornings right after I wake up and go to the bathroom. I just weigh once, my scale is pretty consistent. Sometimes I'll weigh myself more than just the once, but those aren't really official weigh ins.
  • I weigh myself every friday. This is so I dont discourage myself by water weight gains or bloating from any accidental sodium or drinking I may have done. It just works for me to do it this way. Once a week so I know how to fashion the coming week and if I want to change my diet or routine any.
  • I usually do it late at night on the Wii Fit every other day.
  • Quote: I weigh in every morning after my potty break. I weigh myself twice.
    This. I also strip down first. My official "weigh in" day is Friday. I've found that weighing every day keeps me accountable.
  • My weigh-in day is Saturday, but sometimes I sneak peeks at the scale during the week. I usually do it in the morning before I eat, and I wear whatever clothes I slept in.
  • I'm a weigh-in freak. I tried to just do it once a week, knowing full well that I tend to obsess about it, but... I couldn't . Now I weigh every morning, usually after my workout, which is a bit silly b/c on days I don't work-out, the losses are bound to be less.
    Sometimes I also weigh at night before bed, to see how much I've fluctuated during the day. It also helps me keep my expectations for the next day in check (e.g. if I gained 3 lbs from the morning, I know the next morning there won't be a loss). And I'm always curious to see how much weight I "sleep off". Sometimes I weigh before the workout and then again after to see how much I "worked off" (I know it's sweat, I just like to see the numbers go down ).
    Even if the numbers go up sometimes, I find weighing helps me stay focused and on track. However, if I'm away or there is no scale around, I don't sit there wondering about my weight, so I guess it's still "normal" behavior .