Just took before pictures....so disgusted!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • OMG....OMG...OMG....LOL
    My 8 year old daughter and I have appointments to get our hair cut. She wanted to take before & after pictures since we'll probably both go pretty short.....I hate hate pictures and don't take any.ever.knowingingly.
    I am excited to see progress pictures but still in shock and disbelief of how far I let this go.
  • Just think of this as the start of something great. I am not done with my journey and I don't even want to take pictures now! I should though so I can look back at them.
  • yea i feel ur pain about the before pix! i have current pics but i don't wanna do the full-on in my sports bra and shorts REAL picture.
  • I feel your pain about before pix, I was like that too. Instead of loathing them, you can turn them around and make that before pix a motivator! 1. That is the LAST time you'll look like that in a pic, cause going forward you're just gonna look AWESOME!!! 2. Put that pic on the fridge as a reminder of what unhealthy eating looks like. I did this and still have a pic of myself on my fridge of when I was 215lbs! And when I have guests over who didn't know me than, I keep it up! And I tell them, that girl is there to remind me to keep fighting the good fight.
  • I had the same issue when I took some before shots a few days ago. Oy! But I just try to remind myself that I will be looking back on them someday from a much better photogenic view.
  • Welp, they didn't keep me motivated much throughout, I kind of went off my rocker for a bit....but I did get the haircut and love how it came out. Went pretty short but I was working up to it for a year. Time for change and this is the beginning of this journey and anxious to see the progress.
    Thanks for the replies having support & others who are in the same process keeps the motivation up.
  • You will be soooo thankful you took the pics later on.

I only know of ONE pic at my highest weight, and no relative will give it to me. Pretty frustrating...my fault though.
  • *hugs*

As much as I hated to do it....I threw on a sports bra and my work out britches, and took a couple of before pictures in front of a mirror.

Ack!!

I keep them in a separate folder in my cell phone, so I can keep have a way to go through them and see the progress.

It sucks....but it works when I start to lose motivation.

Hang in there, sugar. You will be amazed about how far you have come, and a reminder to keep up the hard work....or go back to your "before picture" self.
  • I need to do that tomorrow morning since I have yet to do this myself
  • Quote: You will be soooo thankful you took the pics later on.

I only know of ONE pic at my highest weight, and no relative will give it to me. Pretty frustrating...my fault though.
    Yeah, me too. I don't have good before pictures. Heck, I don't even have a start weight! I have to guess! It worked for me at the time, but now I wish I knew.
  • I've been really kicking myself for not taking any before pictures. You may hate them now, but I hope that in a little bit you'll get to look back at them and feel proud of yourself.
  • I wish I'd taken pics too, but it was just so hard! It would be nice to really be able to see the change though. I think I see it, but it's so hard to objectively judge yourself! My advice: take the pics -- prepare for the future you who will want to compare! I finally took some after I'd lost about 40% the planned weight... and promptly hid them on my computer! But I'll be looking at them soon enough!
  • I actually took pictures yesterday morning to give to my friend who is a personal trainer. She went to high school with me and I emailed her about getting a better schedule for me to lift weights at the gym. So she asked me to take pics and email them to her. Embarrassing to say the least but happy that I have done them since I know I already look better than I did 6 months ago but still have the pics to prove that I still have a ways to go before I am where I want to be.
  • I love seeing the weight loss progress in my pics. When I was in my 300's and high 200's my face was the size of the moon! But as I get closer and closer to Onderland, I can see the changes in both my face and body. As much as I hate the way I looked at 300, it's really motivating to see how far I've come already. For me taking before, during and someday after pics, helps keep me on track. I used to never, ever, talk about my weight. But now I own it, and while I'm not proud of it and I am proud that I'm finally doing something about it.
  • I am sorry I do not have any before pix. I avoided the camera when I was overweight. I wish now I had some for comparison. The only thing I have is an old driver's license and it is just a head shot. Can you say jowls ? UGH.