An unusual GOAL post

You're on Page 2 of 8
Go to
  • Fantastic. That is amazing. I'm so proud of you... wow. You are so inspiring.
  • Not unusual at all~! We measure not only through lbs but through time! You've been able to keep going this whole time, It shows that you are staying on track and that helps you grow mentally stronger knowing that this time it's a forever thing! Good Job!
  • Congratulations! What a terrific goal. You have so much to be proud of. You look great!!
  • Eliana, you look great. You make me want to run out & buy a paisley-print Empire top. Yeah, this is all it takes these days to trigger my developing shopping addiction. "But I NEED it!"

I'm particularly interested iny your evolution toward eating whole foods, but what was most informative for me was your way of handling exercise. Sounds like you, too, are a person who takes up enthusiasms, goes to 11 with them, and then, having put yourself under a lot of pressure, stops finding them fun & withdraws from them. I think it's great you know yourself & that you have a strategy specifically ready to combat that tendency, setting up your baseline of exercise, and letting the enthusiasm for running (or whatever you may take an interest in later) run its course & then come back around again.

You've done so much thinking about this thing, and so much work, I can't imagine you slipping back into unconscious living.
  • Quote: Eliana, you look great. You make me want to run out & buy a paisley-print Empire top. Yeah, this is all it takes these days to trigger my developing shopping addiction. "But I NEED it!"

I'm particularly interested iny your evolution toward eating whole foods, but what was most informative for me was your way of handling exercise. Sounds like you, too, are a person who takes up enthusiasms, goes to 11 with them, and then, having put yourself under a lot of pressure, stops finding them fun & withdraws from them. I think it's great you know yourself & that you have a strategy specifically ready to combat that tendency, setting up your baseline of exercise, and letting the enthusiasm for running (or whatever you may take an interest in later) run its course & then come back around again.

You've done so much thinking about this thing, and so much work, I can't imagine you slipping back into unconscious living.
    You know, I think you and I are both unique individuals in this weight loss realm. We both come to the table with different issues that are really the core of who we are. For both of these "issues" make up both our strengths and our weaknesses. I think we both have a lot of introspection into ourselves and what makes us tick and I think that has been integral to our successes.

In many ways I understand where you have been. I think I border on exercise compulsions, but I have managed to keep it under control. I was scared to try exercise again until I read here about "skinny fat". I found it particularly amazing that a woman my height and weight could be either in a size 8 or a 14. That's a huge range. I wanted to be the woman wearing an 8 at a higher weight. I love exercise, but I do have a way of taking it too far. A perfect example is with the treadmill in our basement. I'm a numbers person. I think that's why I do so well with Spin class. In spin, there are NO numbers. There's only give-it-your-all-for-45-minutes and "perceived exertion". With my treadmill there are NUMBERS! I ran two miles yesterday, only three will do today. I ran at 4.5 yesterday, I better go for 5.0 today. That's where the obsessive behaviors come in and it's bad. I start to punish myself for less than what I think I should achieve.

I love talking about whole foods! It's my latest obsession. This month I discovered the Whole Foods store! My kick right now is getting rid of HFCS. I hadn't realized it was in ketchup and bread! So my mission has been to find a different brand of ketchup and a new bread. I love cooking anything I can from scratch, even yogurt.
  • Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! You're a wonderful example of what we can achieve with hard work and perseverance!
  • You're the best.

This what this place is for, so we can learn stuff about each other & share our insights & strategies.
  • Eliana, you rock!

I really, love, love, love, the one year commitment philosophy! It's the right attitude.

The weight loss is important, but the health benefits and the long haul are more important goals. Plus it takes the stress out of the scale and the "pounds lost this week" issue. And for that year, I think you're more motivated to pick yourself up when you fall, because it's not about the scale or a lifetime, it's about 1 year.

You have proved that it works, and it's doable.

This doesn't say exactly how I wanted it to sound, but you get the drift.
  • You look awesome! I so know what you mean, I'm 153 and my BMI still says I'm overweight.
    I can't believe how different you look now. beautiful!
  • very inspirational. Keep fighting the good fight
  • You made me cry. You are truly inspiring and I see much of myself in this post (how you were)....I am on a mission myself and am trying desperately not to let myself get frustrated.

Quote:
    "A year from now you'll be glad you started today."
    I am stealing this quote as soon as I am permitted to use the signature feature.

Thank you for posting this.
  • Quote: You made me cry. You are truly inspiring and I see much of myself in this post (how you were)....I am on a mission myself and am trying desperately not to let myself get frustrated.

I am stealing this quote as soon as I am permitted to use the signature feature.

Thank you for posting this.
    I think I will put it my signature once I reach maintenance. It can replace my precious ticker.
  • You're the best, Eliana! Keep it up! I know I'll enjoy watching your progress over this next year, too.
  • You look wonderful! I am rejoining after over a year of letting myself go. I hope by next year I can be where you are.
  • Thank you for sharing this. You are beyond awesome and I'm happy that you are sticking with it.