IP Weekend Chat - 6 & 7 Nov. 2010

You're on Page 4 of 9
Go to
  • Quote: Hello all! I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I have a rather personal question to ask those of you who have been on this diet for a while-I have been taking Nature's Calm (has citrate mag. in it) for constipation since week 2. It has worked, but not real great. I "go" frequently but not fully-if that makes sense. Anyway, my question-what can I take that will make me go fully-really "cleanse" my colon so to speak. I'm afraid to take some of the things because they may be counteractive to the diet, but can't handle this going to the bathroom just a little 4-6times an hour! Thanks!
    Hi Clarice, I have always been regular in the past, but have also found with IP that I need some help. I got something called Floralax with my starter kit and it does the trick for me. It says to take 1-2 capsules, and I was taking 2 once a week. But I've found taking 1 capsule every 2 or 3 days works better for me.
    To 'fully cleanse' you may want to try 2 capsules at first (but do it on a day that you're just hanging around home )
  • Quote: Hi, i just started the diet, 3rd day. im really bored with my veggies, there doesnt seem to be much choice and im finding it difficult to eat 4 cups everyday. does anyone have any adviceÉ
    Don't convince yourself that you can't do this diet because you can't eat the veggies. The most interesting thing about this plan is that my tastes have changed. I hated salads in the beginning, but ate one every day for lunch. I couldn't stand WF dressings, but used them. Now I love my salad and the dressings. If for some reason I don't eat my salad at lunch, I crave it so much, that I eat it for dinner. My tastes have changed and I know it is for a life time. My boss was on this plan and could not stay on it because she had too many social obligations and had the big "C". She thought I was very lucky because I could ----blah, blah-blah, blah-blah. I am not lucky - I have worked hard at making this work for me. Now - get out there and make it work for you.

Quote: I think you have made a great decision. I was told that if it wasn't on the protacol it has to be all zeros. I make stir fry almost daily. I add black pepper and a little worchestershire sauce. I have added some spices.
    Don't you love stir fry!

Quote: Hey Clarice I had this problem for some time .. I tried the Novalax and it worked but I didn't want to always have to take it since it seemed when I stopped I clogged back up.. so I finally started taking Benefiber weight management which I worried might slow my weight loss down but it didn't and that seems to have helped.. I add a tsp in my coffee, sprinkle a tsp in my soup or salad and then a tsp in my pudding and you never even know its there... plus it has added B complex and says aids in metabolism..I know I might get some nay sayers to this product but sometimes you just have to step out of the box to be able to sit on the box LOL..
    I use to worry about this because I went every day and I knew what time. Someone on this board said that she drank a couple of sips of Citrate of Magnisium every day and she never had the problem again. Well - I do that now and it is no longer a problem for me. So maybe you are taking too much at o0ne time or not every day. Just a thought.
  • Vegetable Recipe site
    Veggie questions in mind while browsing other haunts led me to this gem:

Low carb vegetable recipes

The recipes are 0 - 10 net carbs, net carbs is provided next to the recipe on the main page. Each recipe has an estimate of fat, carbs, fiber, protein. Another great feature of her main listing page are the estimates for "hands-on time" and "overall start to finish time."
  • Quote: Veggie questions in mind while browsing other haunts led me to this gem:

The recipes are 0 - 10 net carbs, net carbs is provided next to the recipe on the main page. Each recipe has an estimate of fat, carbs, fiber, protein. Another great feature of her main listing page are the estimates for "hands-on time" and "overall start to finish time."
    Thanks for all of the research you do - you make my journey so much easier because I don't have to look up so much stuff. I do appreciate you. Plus - I am jealous of your height
  • I'm Svelting: Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I appreciate all the work you do for all of us. Judy
  • Quote: Crazy carnivore. Munchy snakes; killing, and presumably eating, birds -- with or without stone. Frankly, I don't know where you get the energy.

Oh, I guess that was snack. Well, whatever.
    It took me too long to figure out what you wrote.

Your posts are the epitome of amusing, whimsical and concise. <3 them!

More often than not, I have turned off the images (avatars, signatures and links) options in my user CP so that I can load the pages faster on my mobile and/or view the forum more discreetly from work. I just noticed that you decided to give yourself the determined chick on your challenge tracker. Did Judy's clone itself or were there tough negotiations that I missed?
  • Quote: I just noticed that you decided to give yourself the determined chick on your challenge tracker. Did Judy's clone itself or were there tough negotiations that I missed?

Shhhhh. Please. I've coveted it for a long time. I'd hoped that nobody noticed my being a sneak-thief.
  • Thanks!
    Quote: Hi Clarice, I have always been regular in the past, but have also found with IP that I need some help. I got something called Floralax with my starter kit and it does the trick for me. It says to take 1-2 capsules, and I was taking 2 once a week. But I've found taking 1 capsule every 2 or 3 days works better for me.
    To 'fully cleanse' you may want to try 2 capsules at first (but do it on a day that you're just hanging around home )
    Thanks Kaarin, Brenley and Rosemary 2612! I will try your advice.
  • Quote: Veggie questions in mind while browsing other haunts led me to this gem:

Wow! That is a great place!
  • Can someone please tell me what the maximum allowed carbs are in one day? I am thinking my coach said 30, but I would like confirmation.

Thanks!
    L
  • I keep hearing about "C" being a problem, but this week I've had the opposite. Other than a few days missing oil, I've followed the plan exactly. Any ideas if I should be concerned?
  • Quote: It took me too long to figure out what you wrote.

Your posts are the epitome of amusing, whimsical and concise. <3 them!

More often than not, I have turned off the images (avatars, signatures and links) options in my user CP so that I can load the pages faster on my mobile and/or view the forum more discreetly from work. I just noticed that you decided to give yourself the determined chick on your challenge tracker. Did Judy's clone itself or were there tough negotiations that I missed?
    Quote: Shhhhh. Please. I've coveted it for a long time. I'd hoped that nobody noticed my being a sneak-thief.
    You two just cracked me up!! Well, I'll tell you guys how I feel about the determined chick: If anyone deserves the determined chick it is Linden. I gladly share it with her and only her. (Like I have exclusive rights to the determined chick.) By the way my determination has come in handy the past 5 months. If I were the witty person I wish I were I would have written something witty.
  • Quote: Can someone please tell me what the maximum allowed carbs are in one day? I am thinking my coach said 30, but I would like confirmation.
    There's no consensus, as far as I can tell. Nor total agreement about how to compute carbs. Here's my take.

Forget net carbs; count only real carbs. To do that you have to check everything. Labels don't tell the whole story. I measure everything, in grams or ounces for liquids, and use this website to do it. http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

Then (it seems to me) each person's tolerance of carbs/what number of carbs allows for losing, differs. Here's what works for me:

700 -- 800 calories;

100+ grams of protein;

25 -- 27 grams of lipids which includes 2gr from fish oil gels; 9 -- 13.5 grams from 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon of olive oil; .48 from 162 grams of Romaine; .45 -- 1.5 from vegetables; 10 or fewer from meat or fish;

22-25 grams of carbs (includes carbs from vinegar, IP packets, lettuce, and vegetables; and

100 plus ounces of water.

I've had to fine tune this kind of carefully to get a lose; and it doesn't factor in level of activity or exercise.

This is probably more than you want to know but I guess the point I'm trying to make is that there is no simple answer. I really wish there were.
  • Quote: If I were the witty person I wish I were I would have written something witty.
    Witty? Oh. Yeah. Ummm. I guess you thought I was joking. [Covet, covet, covet, covet, covet. Hen and weight lose.
  • Quote: I use to worry about this because I went every day and I knew what time. Someone on this board said that she drank a couple of sips of Citrate of Magnisium every day and she never had the problem again. Well - I do that now and it is no longer a problem for me. So maybe you are taking too much at o0ne time or not every day. Just a thought.
    Hey, I used a couple teaspoons of this one night when I needed it, but saw on the bottle it should be used or disposed of within 24 hours or something to that effect. Do you continue to use the bottle daily until gone? I'd prefer to go this route, but didn't know if the bottle would "last" or something would negatively happen if I kept it past the 24 hrs.

Probably a dumb question, but thanks!