Cardio twice a day?

• Hello,

I began the C25k program over 6 weeks ago and I seem to be outgrowing it.
    Although I've been very overweight I have always been very active and I'm feeling like I need (and want) to be doing more excercise than I am.

As of now I'm still doing the C25k thingy, but am doing it everyday with one rest day a week.

My weightloss has not stalled but I am afraid it may-
    that is why I am wanting to do the jogging in the morning still but also add like a 45 walk/hike in the evening.

For me personally, I know that 3 times a week light exercise just won't cut it because I'm sorta beyond that already-
    but is there anything that could go wrong with the two cardio sessions?

I'm only thinking of doing this for about two months or so- to get solidly into the 140's.
  • go for it!

Probably try to vary what you're doing a bit though so that you're not overusing the same muscles too much all of a sudden.

Can you do anything else other than running? Fast walking even would be ok as that uses different muscles. Or cycling, or an exercise dvd or something? Or set yourself a pushups/situps/squats/lunges sort of routine?

Let us know how you go.
  • I do it and its working for me because like you I am past the beginner level of exercise. I used to and still go to the gym at least 3 times a week for cardio classes. I double up some days by doing a morning/evening class or 2 evening classes.

I have recently started the C25K program and as such I went for a run yesterday morning and went to a class at the gym in the evening. I want to start some wieight training too so I have by Jillian Michaels DVD which I am going to start this weekend.

Go for it......as long as you can manage......What harm can it do???
  • why dont you implement a strength program instead of ANOTHER cardio session? Also, i think if you are going to do 2 a day, then the second one should be VERY low intensity (ie walking). This will increase your caloric burn WITHOUT increasing the stress on your body-- if your body gets too stressed out, fat loss will halt
    If you are trying to lose for the next twop months, i think more important than 2 a days, is going to be a focus on your diet. you dont have to exercise AT ALL to lose fat, but you do have to be spot on with your calories.

ANd SLim-- the "harm" that it can do-- overtraining your body? Well, i havent seen my period in 16 months and have (prob) lost the ability to have children