IP Daily Chat - Wed. 3 Nov. 2010

You're on Page 4 of 8
Go to
  • Linden,
    Yes like the frog. I'm Puerto Rican.
  • Quote: HI!! I'm brand new to this blog and have my consult a week from today! I have heard nothing but good things about the weight loss that comes from following this plan! I'm excited and nervous!! Any advice or suggestions?
    Hi and welcome! I wish you success. I haven't been on the plan long but a few things I'd recommend is first do NOT plan on cheats. It sets you back way too much, isn't cost efficient, and makes it hard to get back on track (I fell off the week I was sick and still trying to get back into strict IP). Drink your water and eat your lettuce. Definitely take time to go through the recipe threads here for ideas, you want to try to cook a variety so you don't get bored. Actually, go ahead and read through all the threads (especially the newbie stickies), there's a ton of great info. Pre-cut veggies for ease of use and pre-planning meals helps a lot. Have fun with it! Use this forum, the people are wonderful... very helpful and supportive. And sometimes silly. Good luck!
  • Hope you're feeling better EatAnts!!!
    Quote: As always, thanks for the recap EatAnts. Hope that means you're feeling better!

I was wondering if anyone else makes the zuchinni fries? I like them, but can't seem to get them all consistent. Still have about half that end up mushy instead of crunchy. They're still good both ways, but when I'm craving crunchy I want them crunchy... lol. Hoping someone who's made them has suggestions.
    Ditto!!! Hope you're feeling better EatAnts!!! and thanks for your awesome recaps!

Quote: Hi and welcome! I wish you success. I haven't been on the plan long but a few things I'd recommend is first do NOT plan on cheats. It sets you back way too much, isn't cost efficient, and makes it hard to get back on track (I fell off the week I was sick and still trying to get back into strict IP). Drink your water and eat your lettuce. Definitely take time to go through the recipe threads here for ideas, you want to try to cook a variety so you don't get bored. Actually, go ahead and read through all the threads (especially the newbie stickies), there's a ton of great info. Pre-cut veggies for ease of use and pre-planning meals helps a lot. Have fun with it! Use this forum, the people are wonderful... very helpful and supportive. And sometimes silly. Good luck!
    Couldn't have said it better 100bfk!
  • Quote: HI!! I'm brand new to this blog and have my consult a week from today! I have heard nothing but good things about the weight loss that comes from following this plan! I'm excited and nervous!! Any advice or suggestions?
    Welcome. Advice? Read, read, read.
  • PetiteandCute - I ordered my Davinci sf syrups and my WF products from netrition.com

So, something weird I've noticed is that I'll have a couple of days where I'm not hungry at all and then the next day I'll feel like I'm starving. I'm not physically hungry, I've had my IP packets and lunchtime veggies, but I had a moment where I really wanted to go dig into something else. It's not even that I want to eat off program, I just want to eat something NOW. Today is one of those days. Luckily I made some soup for lunch with lots of veggies so my stomach is full. Just thought it was a little weird. This has happened to me a couple of times in the last week. I haven't cheated at all or even had higher carb packets, so I don't think it has anything to do with ketosis.
  • Quote: Linden,
    Unfortunately, they are an invasive (and pervasive) species here. And Hawai'i's native ecosystem is so, so fragile. But most people just hate them because they keep them awake. I kind of like them.

Unlike the east coast, where so very many of the song birds have died out, where I live you hear birds all the time. I think of coquis as our night bird. But you'll have to admit, they are LOUD.
  • Okay, I tried the WF PB spread, and I have to agree with 100ButterflyKisses, it is a little gellatinous and has a funny flavor and texture. The strawberry fruit spread is really good. I will try them both together this weekend and give some more feedback. But for now, do not buy the WF PB
  • Thanks for your review on those WF products, SJackson.

I was about to order some peanut butter spread, but I guess I'll wait. I read someone doesn't care for it used as typical peanut butter, but they like it blended with something...maybe vanilla pudding. For now, I'll stick with the WF Chocolate or Caramel flavorings.
  • How do the WF caramel and chocolate flavorings taste?

I am not a big fan of the salad dressings so am leary to order anything else.
  • Quote: I know it's been asked, but has anyone seen Carla on the boards lately? I miss her wisdom and encouragement.
    I've been missing Carla (showgirlaz) too, so I checked her last post. Was Oct 30 and she said something about getting over a cold and "just now crawling out of her grave". Hope you are better soon, Carla! You ARE missed!

also, JonathanandZeus asked if someone could "please tell me how to get the icons representing 5 pounds lost." Lorrie, you just create something in your signature using the vast selection of smilies. I picked the little smilie throwing confetti up (written description is "yay"), but there are lots of clever ones here that others have chosen. You have to create your own words and do some cut-and-pasting to make yours your own. When I update my ticker and my profile weights (where the S/C/G weights are), I have to copy my little smilie when I get to my next 5-pound loss. Hoping to add one more this Friday!!

I'm sure I am not explaining it quite well enough. If you have other questions, I might not be able to respond until late tonight, but either someone else will, or I'll check too.
  • Quote: How do the WF caramel and chocolate flavorings taste?

I really like them both. I add a small amount of chocolate to cappuccino and drink it iced. I've used the caramel in vanilla pudding and like that, too. With the pudding, I use more water (and/or blend with crushed ice) to have as a drink rather than pudding.
  • Quote: I e-mailed my coach about the newest IP product - the Southwest Cheese Curls --- and I am sooooooo excited because she told me she put an order in for them. Can hardly wait to taste them and I am not sure, but I would bet the farm that they are going to be restricted!!! That's okay --- I am so missing my cheese that this just might be the fix I need!!!

L
    I was handed a sample before my weigh-in last night, but, alas, they ran out of them while I was waiting. They are quite spicy.

Quote: PetiteandCute - I ordered my Davinci sf syrups and my WF products from netrition.com

So, something weird I've noticed is that I'll have a couple of days where I'm not hungry at all and then the next day I'll feel like I'm starving. I'm not physically hungry, I've had my IP packets and lunchtime veggies, but I had a moment where I really wanted to go dig into something else. It's not even that I want to eat off program, I just want to eat something NOW. Today is one of those days. Luckily I made some soup for lunch with lots of veggies so my stomach is full. Just thought it was a little weird. This has happened to me a couple of times in the last week. I haven't cheated at all or even had higher carb packets, so I don't think it has anything to do with ketosis.
    You're not alone. I find myself getting the hungry's occasionally, too - there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason, no pattern that I can see. Just drink water and ride it out.
  • Quote: How do the WF caramel and chocolate flavorings taste?

Absolutely love the caramel and the chocoloate syrup. I use them in my coffee. There was a post yesterday that if you are lactose intollerant, you may need to beware of the caramel.
  • Quote: Absolutely love the caramel and the chocoloate syrup. I use them in my coffee. There was a post yesterday that if you are lactose intollerant, you may need to beware of the caramel.
    Well then I just might have to order them and give them a try!

Have you tried any of the SF Davinci syrups? How do they compare?
  • Quote: Linden,
    love Puerto Ricans half of my family is Puerto Rican, having a big family reunion this summer in PR, hopefully I'll be able to make it! The coquis are the strangest sounding thing, but definitely a relaxing sound at night when trying to sleep