Help Please!

• Hi I am seeking someone who is very educated with the low carb dieting. I have been low carb for 2years and went from a size 18 to a size 2 and was finally so happy with myself. I have never gone off the low carb diet so I still don't eat sugar, flour, pasta, potatoes etc. Fresh vegies and meats only. Can anyone explain why I have been rapidly gaining weight over the past 7mths. without getting any of it off? I'm freaking out and want this weight off! Please help if you can. I've gone to doctors and had blood tests and no one can figure out why I'm gaining. I'm greatful to anyone who can give me great advice! Thank you!!!
  • well, even if you are low-carbing you can still gain fat if you are eating in a caloric surplus. I dont know if this is the case with you or not, but it IS possible to get fat off of broccolli (and meat and salad) if you consume more calories than you burn in a day
  • Rapid weight gain after a low carb diet usually means you are eating more carbs than you think you are. I suggest getting back to a very low carb diet, such as Atkin's induction and put a halt to the gain and see how many carbs you are actually taking in.
  • Hi,

I don't know what you were doing to preserve muscle mass, but I read something about diets that stopped working even if someone continued to eat what they had eaten previously because some of their weight loss was muscle. Each additional pound of muscle mass burns quite a few calories every day, which can add up.
  • Quote: Hi I am seeking someone who is very educated with the low carb dieting. I have been low carb for 2years and went from a size 18 to a size 2 and was finally so happy with myself. I have never gone off the low carb diet so I still don't eat sugar, flour, pasta, potatoes etc. Fresh vegies and meats only. Can anyone explain why I have been rapidly gaining weight over the past 7mths. without getting any of it off? I'm freaking out and want this weight off! Please help if you can. I've gone to doctors and had blood tests and no one can figure out why I'm gaining. I'm greatful to anyone who can give me great advice! Thank you!!!
    We're going to need a LOT more information to help you. How many calories do you eat? What's the carb/protein/fat distribution among those calories? When do you eat? What exercise do you do? Have your habits changed in the past year? What vegetables do you eat? Many vegetables have lots of carbs, you can't just eat meat and veggies and assume you aren't eating many carbs.
  • You also don't say how tall you are or how much you weigh. If you are, as the first person said, eating more than your body needs you will start to gain weight.

Also, if you are eating to little for too long you can cause your thyroid to slow down too much. Have you had it checked?