La weightloss #56

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • We got invited to a Bat Mitvah testerday by my husbands co-worker. It was a luncheon, but they served a full dinner. To top it off, it was our 30th anniversary and my husband made surprise plans to go to our favorite restaurant with friends. I did discuss the possibility of 2 dinners in one day at LAWL on Fri. and we decided I should follow the regular plan. I did have some appetizers and a baked potato at lunch and then I had a crabcake and sweet potato for dinner, but what the heck-it was a special occasion. How long before all of this shows up on the scale? Does anyone know?
  • Well, I'm still OP. Thank god. 5 more days to go until that Chinese dinner, so I'm trying to stick to my exercise plan in the meantime. Maybe I can stave off the water weight gain if I keep my fluid intake where it should be that day

I had Subway today. They can make any of their sandwiches into a salad, so it's just like the sandwich with no bread! That was always the hardest part of eating at Subway -- remembering to only eat half the bun as per the FastTrack booklet. I hardly even miss the bread when I get the salad.

Kathie -- I usually find that the weight shows up the morning after. This sounds kinda gross, but I've gotten used to (ahem) evacuating my bowels every morning before working out or weighing in. I hate weighing before I've done that. If I overeat, it throws my system off and I won't work that way, so it often makes it seem like I've gained even more weight. Usually, after a cheat day, I will see myself up a pound of "real weight," or even just stalled at the same weight after all the water (and bowel) weight has gone through my system. Just dust yourself off afterward and keep going.
  • xYTx Thanks for the words of encouragement. It did not show up this morning on my scale - maybe it won't show up on theirs. The mgr. had told me a while back, that sometimes eating something different (or even a larger amount) kicks your metabolism up a notch. I don't think anyone really knows..
  • Dianem1 (sp)- I did try the weekends off and did well keeping on track. I did what my husband suggested and did not buy cookies, chips, anything like that. You see that was not my down fall before I started on LA. I never kept things in my house so much as just over ate other places and also didn't cook healthy meals. I think I will like the plan. What I did do was eat pizza, but rather than ordering a whole pizza and being tempted to eat more I went to Fazzoli's where you can buy by the slice! Trying to be smart.

We'll see if I'm down any more Mon. I sure hope so. I've been in the dolldrums lately.
  • Good morning all. I am going to try to stay on plan today. I packed my lunch and brought a liter bottle of water. And...I am staying away from that darn candy jar!!!!

I just keep telling myself, one day at a time.

My grandmother told me my mom wants a new Christmas tree skirt, as her is hers is 10 years old and she is bored with it. So I told her I would make one...the needlework should keep me busy in the evenings when I am not doing anything else. If I can stay busy, I dont eat eat eat.

OK...time to get to work. It is going to be a hectic week!
  • Subway
    Oh no! I never saw that about only eating half the bread at Subway!!! Oops! I've been happily eating my turkey on whole wheat, and having both sides of the bread. I wish I had my fast tracher with me...where does it say that????

cheer
    169.5/154/140---halfway there!!!
  • Good Morning all!

I went to my center today and i'm down .8# well it's better than gaining. I'm going to ignore all the sugar/sweets/chocolate cookies around me and continue to do my exercise and eat my salads and protein and see if I can loose that .2# by my next weigh in on Wed. Then that will make 6# that I have to loose after regaining.

Thanks to the November Exercise Challenge, i've been able to do my workouts and not just sit on the couch which I was becoming accustom to. lol

It's nice to see all of us coming along here. Getting back on track and continuing to eat right.

I have a question for all of you that did the weekends off, how is it coming back to your diet this morning? Is it easy? Are you hungry after you've finished your breakfast and want more food? I did a half weekends off and half on the program this weekend and want to be prepared for next weekend when I do the weekends off. I promised myself if I didn't cheat all week and did dip into the cookie jar at work I could do the weekends off.

Kathy
    184/163.4/130
  • Hi Kathy:
    I feel good getting back on normal plan today, just because I struggled yesterday with the weekends off plan. I did fine the first day but yesterday I felt edgy yesterday, I wonder if I could to the weekends off for one day.
    Penny I hope all is well with you, did you make it through the storm alright? I hope all your family is safe.
    Marcie I am with you, good luck with the needlework, that what I need to do my sister keeps bugging me to make some sweaters.
    Have a good day all
    Diane
  • Diane-

I was considering doing the weekends off plan only on Sat maybe that might work well for you? I thinking about but I just might do the whole weekends off. I'm glad you don't have a hard time today getting back OP.

Kathy
  • On Saturday my center told me that you have to do the weekends off for both days. They also said that you are only allowed to do it if you have a PERFECT week.

We all know that is not me this week...far from perfect. Since I have been OP, I have cheated 3 times. Once on my birthday, once for a slice of pizza and this weekend. Saturday I got into some french fries. I do not even like french fries! Yesterday I ate 1/2 piece of cake and some stuffed mushrooms at a baby shower. Oh well...back on track today. I went to the gym at 5:30 this morning.

Today is my first day on the pupel plan...I went up form the gold because of my exercise. I guess I will see how I do...

Have a good day!
    Jen
  • Hi everybody!
    Yes, Diane, we made it through the storm ok, but do have some limbs down in the yard, thanks for thinking of me!

I did ok yesterday after falling off the wagon so big on Saturday. I am disappointed because on my scale I wasn't down, but I did cheat on Saturday. I was hungry when I went to bed last night. I guess I am getting more used to that feeling in my stomach.. do you guys know what I am talking about? I think I was so used to feeling stuffed, that this is really noticable.

I am trying to decide whether my nerves can handle going in to the center with both of my kids (3 and 11 months). My center is 25 min away, and by the time we get there they are balls of energy and drive me crazy.

Everybody have a good day!
  • Pennie good luck on your weigh in, I also hope that the kids behave. lol

Jag- thanks for the info. My center never told me I had to have a perfect week to do the weekends off. Good to know. lol

Kathy
  • My center never said anything about a perfect week to do the weekends off either. They also told me you can do only 1 day,instead of the whole weekend. I wish they would be consistent!!!!!
  • I guess I will see what my center thinks about the one day or two of the weekend off plan.
    Diane
  • 90mins left of work and I have not had one cookie! WOOHOO! To be honest I didn't think I was going to make it. I'm so happy. One day at a time, right ladies? lol

Hope everyone is having an OP day!

Kathy