Which Online Calorie Tracker....

• do you recommend?
  • Hey Jennie, I was just coming over here to post some news about exactly this topic!

I was a long time devotee to the daily plate. That was taken over by livestrong and I stopped liking it so much. It became more of an effort to accomplish what I had done before with ease. So, tracking for me slowed down.

Then I decided, well, just do it no matter how annoying and I realized that my smartphone (android system droid) did not have an app for livestrong/daily plate like the blackberry did. More obstacle to following thru.

I came here to post the site www.fatsecret.com that also has an android/google system phone application which now make posting calories on the go or in the office or at home a breeze.

And they have a pretty good database!Yay
  • I'm a huge advocate for Lose It! (www.loseit.com, and there is also an iPhone app). It is beautiful, easy, and has some really nice bonus features.
  • Check out this thread over in the Calorie Counters forum

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calo...endations.html

I use my fitnesspal.com (no space), I like the phone app and that it calculates my carbs/proteins/fats for me
  • Thanks ladies. I browsed like 5 sites and I like fatsecret the best, thanks Kittcat. I downloaded to my phone too. I'll start again tomorrow since I did goof today from aggrevation and frustration. thanks for all your help
  • but i did notice you have to log in your food on both computer and phone. It doesnt log in automatically onto your phone if you write it on the computer and vice versa. So that a little bit sux, but no biggy
  • sparkpeople.com
  • Fitday.com
  • Sparkpeople.com is great. Oh and their phone app does update if you post it online. You just have to be signed into your account on your phone
  • fitday.com

I've tried others because they seem more user friendly and all that, but I find that I like fitday because it's simple and no bells and whistles and I can get the reports that I want out of it (comparing weight/calories, exercise, weight goals, calorie balance, etc.).
  • I love sparkpeople.com
  • Thank you all so very much. I've changed my mind and decided on sparkpeople.com. They have everything I need to help me. 2 months of trying and not losing weight is so frustrating. Hope this helps me.

Thank you all again
  • I love Daily Plate. I don't have a smart phone. I have used Spark People and Fitday in the past and I think Daily Plate (by Livestrong) has the easiest format and biggest database. You can save meals or create a recipe for exact counts.

They redid it just awhile ago to make it even more easy!