Newbie challenge update 10/22

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Quote: Go enjoy .............. just in a controlled manner. You don't want to stay home forever right? Start practicing now for how you will be living (emphasis on living) in your new thinner forever life.
    As you saw and commented on, thank you, above I did cheat on my birthday. It is a learning process. You are far more disciplined than I, staying home 6 1/2 weeks, so you have the willpower and discipline to go out and back to your entertainment lifestyle just (again) in a different controlled manner. I know you can do it!!

I plan on avoiding any social event as much as possible until goal...then it will be time to learn how to add it back....I just want to lose these 76 pounds quickly or as quickly as possible and I have heard that once in maintainence once a week or even twice a week...you can have cheat days but you just have to be faithful the rest of the time...I am so looking forward to that day. I struggled yesterday...I kept talking about going out and doing something fun...first real mental struggle day. I am nervous about Friday night...I will post on Saturday to let you all know how I did.

Quote: I'd like to join the challenge if that's ok I'm new to the forum, have been on IP since 10/5/10, have lost 12.5 lbs, and would like to lose at least 10 more lbs by thanksgiving

I will add you this weekend and welcome.

Quote: I'm still in! I was a bit stagnant and traveling so I missed posting. I weigh in on Monday's however and here's my update. Started 9/27, lost 20 lbs to date would like to be down 30 lbs by Thanksgiving. We can do this!
    I will be updating this weekend...glad you are back.

Quote: darbs7, I guess I just need to stay home like you do ~ because when I go to social things, I'm cheating. I do want the weight off but I love love love my active social life. But it's my social life that has put all of this weight on. I need to remember that!

Weigh in tonight and I'm so scared I've gained everything back!
    I really don't trust myself in any social situation...I can be very weak. I figure that 4-5 months of boringness is better than 76 extra pounds. But I spent alot of time yesterday bumming about all the fun I am missing, but my hubby kept saying it is temporary....you will feel so good at the end and the end will be so much faster....ah yes....back to boringness. Keep up the good work
  • Boringness.......
    For those that are missing socializing..........just an idea.
    I have friends over Saturday night for dinner and cards. Of course they wanted to know what they could bring. I said "not a thing I have it all covered" I made an IP meal. No temptation. It is an idea!
  • I am headed to my first social challenge on the diet....The Irish Pub in Boston on Friday....so I will be updated later on Saturday this week. Good luck to everyone and be a "bunch of big losers!"
  • darbs7, I've lost 3 lbs! Do I update a chart somewhere or can you??

Thank you!!! I'm super excited!!!!
  • Quote: darbs7, I've lost 3 lbs! Do I update a chart somewhere or can you??

Thank you!!! I'm super excited!!!!
    I will be updating the chart on Saturday afternoon...Congrats!
  • WI today Nov 2. total lost 26 lb
  • Okay everyone...I will be offline for a couple days...returning on Saturday afternoon....I will update the chart then. good luck and post away
  • Don't forget to update ladies....I will be back Saturday to complete the updates....go lose weight!!!!
  • Quote: Don't forget to update ladies....I will be back Saturday to complete the updates....go lose weight!!!!
    My update for this week is down 43.5 lbs (-4 lbs this week)

Have a great weekend! I know you will do great, it sounds like you are well prepared!
  • Quote: My update for this week is down 43.5 lbs (-4 lbs this week)

Have a great weekend! I know you will do great, it sounds like you are well prepared!
    awesome on the weight loss. Talk to everyone some time Saturday...by talk I mean post
  • Hope you are having a good time in Boston!

Update: down 23 lbs total.
  • 11/5 Update
    Total lost so far 11.5 lbs.

I think I have made my goal a bit too lofty. Understand I have not given up but I lose 2 - 3 lbs a week, normal and I am satisfied with this, to reach my Thanksgiving goal I will need to lose 4+ (less than 5) a week. Should I add a little cardio? like 20 mins on the eliptical trainer??
  • thinking of you all and darbs7 especially. Sending as you visit Boston and see friends/family. I know you'll rock it!

I have hit a magical number of pounds lost for me = 20 pounds gone this morning. The compliments from co-workers helped me resist a thought yesterday that I wanted to transition now to Phase 2. I was frustrated temporarily about limited choices and all the temptations I see every day at work. As I'm svelting said in the "back from off the wagon" thread today, I can resist those thoughts one meal at a time, then one day at a time, then one WI at a time. For me, it was a commitment to banish those thoughts with 2 big glasses of water.

off to drink two more glasses right now

my best to everyone!
  • Ladies I am back...have to run out for awhile...but I will post about my challenges (that were a breeze) and update the chart and I have a picture to share