OT - Cigarettes

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Today marks 2 years that I stopped a 21 year, 2 pack a day smoking habit, woo
  • Congratulations! You rock! I just celebrated a smoke-free anniversary, too.
  • Thank you and congrats as well
  • Congratulations!! Don't nice, pink, elastic lungs feel great I hope you're like me and NEVER pick one up again after quitting. (28 years for me, they were .85/pack )
  • Congratulations!!!
  • Man that is sooooooooo awesome! I truly hope to quit...and SOON! I am just so overwhelmed and truly wondering if I can stop WHILE losing weight and working out but then it's like...why not?

Anyway, I just wanted to say, that is AMAZING! Congratulations!
  • Thanks so much
  • That's fantastic! It's so hard to let go of our vices. 2 years is a huge accomplishment...not to mention, think of the money you've saved in the last 2 years.
  • Congrats on staying strong! Not like smoking is even an option with NY prices. When I was home in July cigarettes were almost $10 a pack for Camels.

I've been a couple months smoke free and I don't think I'm going to go back. It's too hard to run with the added pressure in your chest, and I don't miss the phlegmy cough after every meal.

Questions for quitters - do you find that you're extra sensitive to/repulsed by cigarette smoke now? I can't stand being around it because it's so offensively toxic.
  • Yes, I really hate the smell of cigarettes now...disgusting.
  • Mine's next month! It will be two years for me, too, though I didn't smoke for as long (I'm only 31, so it would have taken a lot for me to be at that point ). Congratulations!
  • Haha, congrats I am just 39
  • Congratulations!! That is amazing!

I wish I would quit! I got pregnant July of 2009 and I stopped smoking immediately, rarely even had a craving. Even after I had the baby in April I didn't want a cig. Then in June my Dad died. On the way home from his funeral I was going crazy with grief and wanted a smoke more than anything, needless to say the pack I bought just to have one or two has turned into a full-fledged smoking addiction again! My Dad would be so disappointed too, he hated that I smoked and was so glad I quit when I got pregnant.

Arghh, I am just telling myself that life is a process, Rome wasn't built in a day, yadda yadda yadda... Right now I am losing all the baby weight and then I'll tackle the cigs. At least that is the plan.

I am so glad for your success!
  • Yay!!! Good JOb!

I celebrate 4 years in March!
  • Thank you. I am sorry about your dad and I wish you the best of luck with your goals