Fondue!

• I used to think fondue meant cheese or chocolate. Then I went to a little place for lunch one day called "The Melting Pot". I had SO much fun that day. I had no idea there were all kinds of fondues. Our main course was a chicken broth based fondue with spices and wine and yumminess. We dipped pieces of chicken, shrimp and steak and veggies like broccoli, colliflower, etc... I left feeling satisfied and like I had had a very healthy meal.

So... I have been thinking, why not get a pot and do my own fondues? It would be a "healthy treat" to have on weekends.

Anyone have any good fondue recipes? Ideas?
  • Makes for a great low cal dinner party too. I bet some of your friends have a pot and you could borrow a few. We did this for Christmas with my family ant it was so much fun!
  • I picked up a great pot, and a recipe book at the thrift store. I plan on hosting a dinner party soon! Melting Pot is a ton of fun, but IMO way overpriced. You can do it yourself for a lot less! Good luck!
  • Ohhh yum! The Melting Pot is awesome!
  • Quote: I picked up a great pot, and a recipe book at the thrift store. I plan on hosting a dinner party soon! Melting Pot is a ton of fun, but IMO way overpriced. You can do it yourself for a lot less! Good luck!
    Ooo! Good call on the thrift store idea! My BIL has one and I am going to start by seeing if I can swipe his. hee hee hee... of course, I will probably then invite him and my sister over for fondue anyways...

And I agree - Melting Pot was a really fun experience - but WAY expensive.
  • You can also do it in an electric skillet with fairly high sides. Having dipping sauces alongside is nice, and a nice pile of lettuce leaves and herbs to wrap the cooked pieces in.