The Great Turkey Time Challenge!

You're on Page 1 of 25
Go to
  • Come one, come all, to the great Turkey Time Challenge!!!

Welcome!

Many of you participated in the amazing Scary Halloween Challenge (started by Good Hag Amarantha) and SO many wanted to continue - that that's what we're gonna do!

So, what would you'd like your goal weight to be by Turkey Day?
    Now, don't fret if you don't make it - your goal will never be written in stone, cut into marble or tattooed on anyone's miscellaneous body part - the goal here is to have healthful eating in mind now that we're going into the food-fest holidays! Success is in the choice to make a change!

Now, there's just 4 short weeks before Thanksgiving, so keep that in mind when you decide your goal. But make that goal and let us know! Anyone can join in, at any time!

Until Turkey Day, we'll descuss drumsticks, yack about yams and gab until it's gobble gobble time!

Are you ready???

It's Turkey Time!!!

Terri
    (aka Punkin o' Friday)
  • IM ready for the turkey challenge. So im going to set my goal at 180. Im at 186 so lets see if i can lose 6 pds by thanksgiving.

I have to say to anyone who is reading this post, the halloween challenge was really great and motivation and recommend hihgly that you join the thanksgiving challenge.

So let the challenge begin!

Sheryl
  • I'm in. I didn't make my Halloween challenge(only missed it by 1 pound) I'm going to set my Turkey Time challenge at 6 lbs. That will put me at 245.
    Steph
  • Ok count me in I will set it at 6lbs Im 199.2 now so that would put me at 193.2. Soooo here we go. I love it here. It is the night of the ghosts and goblins and still no candy has passed these lips.
    Oh yeah Im from the far cold North and since we have had our Turkey day already Im not sure of the exact date of your please fill this turkey in.
  • Pilgrim Amarantha reporteth in ...
    YES, Punkin o' Friday (though, actually, Thanksgiving is on Thursday, so thou shalt have to be Punkin o' Thursday, too!!) Thanks be to thee for taking the baton o' keeping our Thanksgiving challenges in order because WE BE SO READY!!!!

Amarantha's challenge be to follow through with her Pound-A-Week Pilgrimage and just coincidentally the Pilgrims happened to have had no little hand in our U.S. Thanksgiving, which is November 28 FYI for our Canadian sisters in challenge (brothers, too, if any be out there). So ...

My starting weight is 165, challenge is to lose 4 pounds by Thanksgiving (or the weigh-in that week, unless I decide to give myself the extra days and weigh-in twice, if that's ok)!! So my Thanksgiving weight, all things being equal should be 161.

Can I do it!!! YOU BET!!!!!!

Gobble, gobble, gobble!!! NOT!!!

Stats: Poundaweek Pilgrim Amarantha's Progress

Starting Weight of Personal Transformation Challenge: 166.5
    Current Weight: 165
    Personal Transformation Challenge Pounds Lost: 1.5
    Highest Weight Ever Recorded: 247
    Lowest Weight in Adulthood: 101 (Too Low)
    Lowest Weight Since Major Weight Loss Intiative Approx. 5 Years Ago: 142
    Pounds Gained Back: 24.5
    Great Turkey Time Challenge Goal: 161, Turkey Time Pounds Lost: 0
    Ultimate Goal: 135 (Then Maintain Within Four-Pound Range)
  • Still doing NOT! Easy for me, though, because no kids trick-or-treat on Hago's street!
  • I'm at 229.4 and will try for 225 by Turkey Day. I'm a slow loser and that's a lot for me but we'll see. I'd like to be that weight because that will mean I've lost 10% of my starting weight. Right now I'm just enjoying starting with 22x instead of 23x.

No candy here tonight either though it's very, very tempting.
  • Pilgrim's Day Two!!! Woo-hoo!!! Amarantha doeth semi-good yestere'en and finished out the NOT challenge. Calories not where she wants them yet, but she hath visions o' great days to come before the Thanksgiving feast!! She will eat actual turkey this year instead o' Tofuturkey, which is actually pretty good and a way for vegans and vegetarians to access the turkey time concept!

Pilgrim Amarantha be thankful today for this new chance to coordinate her bodyweight with her ideal of health and fitness!

Woo-hoo, amen!
  • It's FRIDAY!!! Weeeeeeeee!!!!

I see many of you changed out of your goulie ghosty costumes and now are dressed as little pilgrims!

I can't believe I didn't go to the store last night and buy candy! I was craving it sooooo bad, but just took off my shoes when I went home, made some popcorn and tried to put all the pretty packages of chocolate out of my mind. Hard work I tell ya'.

Curves today! I really am enjoying it... then this weekend I'm having dinner with some friends - jambalaya, rosemary bread and bread pudding Yummmm... Then Sunday I'm going to watch my 49er's beat the stuffin' out of the Oakland Raiders!

Happy November everyone - I can't believe the year's almost over!

Terri
  • Turkey Time Challenge!

Pilgrim Participation...
    Scooby Start - 186, TT goal, 180
    Bobsgal Start - 251, TT goal 245
    Dollar Start - 199.2, TT goal 193.2
    Amarantha Start - 165, TT goal 161
    Anagram Start - 229.4, TT goal 225
    Punkin Start - 238, TT goal 232
  • Saddle up, Pilgrim.
    Uh -- that would be me. Starting tomorrow. I never fought a binge so hard as yesterday. Finally gave in and ate everything in the house. I will be glad to get on track again. Too late today . As for the Turkey Time Challenge, though... I'm going to aim for 8 pounds. I really want to do this!

Still frantically trying to finish work for October. IT'S NOVEMBER???!!! GAAAK! I must find a way to beat the end o'month demon. Organization? Overcoming procrastination? Radical thoughts!

Hope everyone is well.
  • I'm already at 1060 calories and it's not yet lunchtime, but I'm challenging myself to make a Caloric Save (since it's too late for the Great Pumpkin to come and rescue me, I'm invoking the spirit o' the Great Cranberry)!!! I WILL PULL THIS CHESTNUT O' A DAY OUTTA THE FIRE YET!! It's the first real day o' the TURKEY TIME CHALLENGE AND THIS HERE PILGRIM'S GONNA MAKE HER GOAL!!! YOU BET!!! I WILL!! (Ok, Amarantha, we believe thee.)

Amarantha is supposed to be finishing a story today and she doth just not feel like it and she be not in a charitable mood toward fellow staff members so she be thinking o' shopping because tomorrow she'll be stuck in a seminar all day and THEY BETTER NOT HAVE SNACKIES, 'CAUSE AMARANTHA'S GONNA STAY OP COME HECK OR HIGH WATER.

Overcoming procrastination?! Hmmm. Very radical thought! What would we do without all that stress?

Have jogwalked 15 minutes and walk-walked 15 minutes. Just going to do 60 minutes throughout the day today ... Calling it the Pilgrim's Path!
  • There be so many little pilgrims and one John Wayne that I will be the token Little Indian!! I'll bring my corn and squash to Turkey Day dinner! I am starting my Turkey Day challenge at 177 while it has just finished snowing our first snow fall...big fluffy flakes, melted before they hit the ground so now it's just wet...Happy Novemeber 1st and have a great weekend ladies!
  • Oh Dang...I forgot to put my goal...my goal will be 169lbs by Turkey day.
  • It must have been binge evening, Babette. I did well all day but was thinking of a little break between challenges. About ten pm when I should have just gone to bed, I decided to have some of my light ice cream. Had I just had the half cup serving I usually have, it would have been bad enough but not HORRID. But I ate that and then attacked the carton for "just one more spoonful" (ha!). Overall, I guess it could have been worse. I probably only had about another serving and had we had a normal Halloween, the calorie count would have been astronomical.

And have not eaten ice cream from the carton for a long time so it was a double "wicked" treat.

Go have your "shopping therapy", Anagram so you can face the seminar tomorrow. You'll find a way to get the story done - you always do. No fun working without pressure.