An Ode To Kale;

• Kale, O Kale,
    'Tis thy crispy viand -
    Burgeoning obsession -
    - Leaves, I love the most.

I tried kale for the first time yesterday.. in a scrumptious kale and white bean soup. It's love, my fellow chicks. Pure, unadulterated love. Do you also love kale? How do you prepare it? Any favorite recipes? Oh, kale <3
  • A friend of mine makes kale chips - I have no idea how though, but I bet you could find a recipe!
  • I *believe* that there is a recipe for Kale Chips over on the South Beach forum
  • I love kale too!

Kale chips are easy, spray with some cooking spray and toss with a little salt and put in the oven until crisp.

Chopped in soups, baked in eggs, wilted with a little bacon, stir fried. Yum!
  • it's great in minestrone soup too! i bet you could use it in place of spinach in alot of places. rachael ray has tons of ideas for salads and big beans and greens soups.
  • I made kale for the first time over the wkend with black beans. I haven't tried it yet. Was going to tonight as a side dish with my chicken. I hope i like it. It smelled good while i was cooking it.
  • I love kale too. One of my favorites is a massaged kale salad. Oh so good.
  • "Massaged" kale? Okay, I've got to look this up. Sounds like the kale is taken to a spa, lies on a special table & gets a good Swedish rubdown. Maybe it's exfoliated with Dead Sea salts. Maybe it gets a row of warm river pebbles placed down its back at particular pressure points.

That kale is living better than most humans I know.
  • i LOVE kale!!! in every way!!!
    but my greatest love of all is broccoli raab (rapini).
  • Here is a massaged kale recipe I found:
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html

Basics when I do it are olive oil or avocado (not oil, actual avocado), lemon juice and a little salt and pepper.
  • Quote: "Massaged" kale? Okay, I've got to look this up. Sounds like the kale is taken to a spa, lies on a special table & gets a good Swedish rubdown. Maybe it's exfoliated with Dead Sea salts. Maybe it gets a row of warm river pebbles placed down its back at particular pressure points.

That kale is living better than most humans I know.
    Srsly. I would like such a massage. Shouldn't those of us with central nervous systems rate better than kale? And why does this whole thread and picturing kale getting a massage make me think of Sponge Bob Square Pants?
  • I love Kale Chips, thanks saef. I always have some on hand when I want something crispy and salty.
  • I love kale too. I use it in minestrone soup, I also like it with poached eggs on toast and I make pasta with bacon, onion, goats cheese and kale with is quick and yummy.
  • Don't forget juice. I use kale in my veggie juice