Surgery Update - food victory.

• I have everything in place for my foot/ankle surgery - knee scooter, electric scooter, resting area ready, DH has time off, bills paid, arrangements for anything & everything, healthy food available etc. I am ready!

But, I had to cancel my foot/ankle surgery. I injured my good foot practicing getting out of a chair on one foot - a must for being non-weightbearing for three months. Gotta have have a healthy 'good foot' to proceed.- doctor said. Phooey. I want my life back! Hopefully, I can reschedule soon. I am anxious to resume my normal activities with family, friends, and my work!

This is absolutley exasperating. I am trying to beleive things happen for a reason. Doctor and my mom said something that helps - that if I had gotten out of the chair wrong after my surgery, I would have had two injured feet/ankle. Better before than after and learn from my experience.

The good news is that I didn't overeat as I faced this stress and injury and desision. I weighed today and lost two pounds from the last time I weighed a couple of weeks ago. Am grateful for that.
  • Oh Beverlyjoy, I am so sorry!!! CONGRATS on sticking to you plan, eating healthy AND losing 2lbs!!!
  • Beverlyjoy, good luck with rescheduling your surgery, and congratulations on all the excellent planning!
  • Beverlyjoy, sorry to hear about this! I know that you just want to get the surgery behind you. How good to hear that you did not let the stress cause you to overeat. You are growing!
  • Thanks Mj, Calluna and Timetolose for your kind words and support. Feels good. Life has been so uncertain lately!