New Veg-a-something...with Headaches

• Hi everyone:

I decided to try going veg, have my frig stocked with everything from soymilk to tahini and began cooking on Saturday. Prior to Saturday and since about 9/6 I have been following the SBD, most meat was chicken and fish with occasional red meat. Anyway, since Friday I have had a headache off and on. I try to spread my food out throughout the day, eating about every 2-3 hours and according to Nutrition MD.org, I'm getting in around 1100 calories on average.

Is there such a thing as protein withdrawal? Or are my headaches more likely due to something else besides my new eating habits.

Thank you!
  • Have you stopped drinking coffee or pop? Caffeine withdrawal can cause major headaches. Just a thought.

And 1100 calories is awfully low...not rellly in the "safe" zone unless your dr. specifically tells you to go that low and monitors you very carefully.

Barb
  • No, haven't stopped with the coffee and fortunately, I've never been a big soda drinker...no headache this morning, though! Maybe it is sinus related.
  • I get hunger headaches if I'm not eating enough. Maybe add in another 100-300 calories and see how you feel.