Time is a funny thing

• I'm approaching my one year anniversary in less than a month and it got me thinking about time. I had the thought yesterday that this has been so fast! But then I remembered back to how it felt at the beginning. Each day dragged by with obsessive thoughts of nothing but scales and food and exercise and sizes and measurements...it was draining! Time did not speed by at all. Yet when I look back, I was 235 pounds. I couldn't fit in the rides at the amusement park. I couldn't tie my shoes without holding my breath. My feet hurt from plantars fasciitis. My back hurt to do dishes. I could bend over to pick stuff up and instead yelled at my kids for putting stuff there. I couldn't sit indian style without my legs going to sleep. I couldn't get up off the floor.

So much has changed in a year's time and I can't believe how fast it has gone!

I hope everyone gets to experience that because I KNOW how slowly time passes in that initial stage. But after a year goes by, and a year WILL go by either way, the time just sort of flies.
  • I agree. The first 6 months felt like I was putting in a monumental amount of effort for very little visual payoff. I knew my numbers were getting better but I still registered as fat to anyone seeing me. But kept plugging away and those 6 lbs/month eventually added up to a big number and big changes in clothing sizes.
  • Eliana, On doing so Well!