How do you record it all?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Does everyone here record what they eat each day? If so where and how do you do it? Computer? Hand written journal? Why do you use what you use? I am a visual journaler....and I know I have to write my new journey. Just wondering if there is a new and exciting way out there. The thread on "New Tools" got me thinking about this.

Just curious...
  • sparkpeople.com for me
  • I started out in a journal, but then when I got an iphone I got an app for it for free. I find this easiest for me since I always have my phone on me.
  • I use the loseit! app on my iphone. You can add friends to it and check up on them throughout the week to make sure they are journaling. A friend I do theater with is my accountability partner and she texts me whenever she sees i havent logged. Plus it gives you an estimated time frame it should take for you to be at your goal if you keep up with everything and has a place where you can log your weight! Its a very easy and fun program and i would recommend it to ANYONE who has an iphone or even ipod touch! You can also log in to you account online too.
  • I'm currently just using the notepad on my phone, I don't keep track of food, just my daily caloric intake. Whenever I eat I add the calories up and edit the note.
  • I'm just using scrap paper and a pen, since I'm the last holdout without a cell phone. It's just to keep track of my calories for the day, then when it's completely used up it gets recycled. I use the backs of junk-mail envelopes, mostly. :-)
  • Quote: I use the loseit! app on my iphone. You can add friends to it and check up on them throughout the week to make sure they are journaling. A friend I do theater with is my accountability partner and she texts me whenever she sees i havent logged. Plus it gives you an estimated time frame it should take for you to be at your goal if you keep up with everything and has a place where you can log your weight! Its a very easy and fun program and i would recommend it to ANYONE who has an iphone or even ipod touch! You can also log in to you account online too.
    That's the same app I'm using! I just thought is was a little funny
  • I use Fitday and I love it (I paid for the desktop version). I cook alot and I even put in the homemade stuff I make using the recipe analyzer, which is fantastic: (tried to post the link here but this site says I can't post links until I have 25 posts). If you want it google: calorie count new recipe. So nice to know exactly how many calories/fat are in home cooking.
  • I buy hardback blank books. I love filling them up.
  • I make my own spreadsheet in Excel, but I look up the calorie counts on either Livestrong or Fitday if I don't have it handy on a package.
  • I use myfooddiary.com

It calculates calories, carbs, vitamins, etc.......
    You can track your food, measurements, exercise on there as well. It's $9 a month but it's the only way that I can see everything in one spot and know whether or not I am on track. I love it.....
  • Calorie Counter on the Droid. Love, love, love it.
  • Quote: I use myfooddiary.com

It calculates calories, carbs, vitamins, etc.......
    You can track your food, measurements, exercise on there as well. It's $9 a month but it's the only way that I can see everything in one spot and know whether or not I am on track. I love it.....
    Check this out - it's free and has the same features

http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/
  • I do it by hand in a notebook.
  • I bought Diet Power years ago, then upgrade 3 or 4 years ago to their newer version...this was before I realized there where free programs online, but I do really like Diet Power. I also keep a written journal because I track a large amount of health related stuff throughout the day.