FINALLY Broke My Plateau!

• For what seems like eternity, I have been stuck at the 210 mark. I was doing everything right- my calories were in check, I was eating much much healthier foods, and I was even exercising consistently. The weight just was not coming off though. I was bouncing anywhere from 207-214 for over a month. It has been so incredibly discouraging not seeing any improvement for all of the hard work I was putting in (not to mention all the chocolate I gave up!).

While normally I would have given up at this point, I stuck through it. And today, very unexpectedly, I was down to 204! My lowest weight in over a year. I am so stoked. It's the motivation I needed to reach my Halloween goal.

I just had to share with someone.
  • Plateaus suck big time but you rock! this made me happy to read because i'm a plateau right now and was thinking about a cupcake to cheer myself up but now i'm going to follow your good example and stay in the game. way to hang in there, congrats!!
  • WAHOO!!!! Nicely done - perserverance pays off.

Congratulations.
  • Congratulations... You are just a few weeks away from Onederland!! Keep on doing what you're doing, it's working.
  • This is a "just in time" message for me. I've been on a plateau for months and it is so frustrating. I'll just keep on 'trucking. Congrats to you.
  • Good for you and congratulations on your perseverance!! My hubby was also at a plateau for over a month and finally broke through with a 4 lb weight loss today. He was also very happy and motivated. Congrats again!
  • Awesome! Congrats
  • Congrats. Plateaus do suck, but if you stick with it, the reward is awesome!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • Plateaus are a bummer. My big one was over 4 months right at the 300 lbs mark. I soooo wanted to get into the 200s, and my body was teasing me!

Good work!
  • Awesome!
  • Aww thanks everyone! I was so happy- I was doing a little dance in my bathroom yesterday morning.
  • Awesome! I am so happy for you!!

Plateaus are so incredibly frustrating, and you rode this one out like a champ. Good for you!
  • CONGRATS!

I love hearing these successes because it gives me motivation that if the hard work and determination are there, the weight will eventually come off!
  • You're pretty. Way to go.