On to Phase 2

• So my coach called yesterday and said I am suppose to start Phase 2. Yes very exciting. PROBLEM: I'm kind OF liking the weight loss and I'm scared. I don't want all this work to go to waste.
  • Congratulations!! Some people stay in phase 1 till 100% of the weight is lost. Others switch as you coach is indicating you should do. There are many discussions on this board about people going to phase 2 and continuing to lose.

Will your coach let you continue on phase 1 a little longer?
  • Hi there! I really like Phase 2 even though I'm not near my goal wt. I told myself I was going to recommit to Phase 1 this week but after one day, I'm pretty sure Phase 2 is for me. I told my coach today that I'm 'officially' moving to P2 and he was okay with it. He said my weight might slow down, but it stay on track. I'm just a few ounces shy of a 30 lb loss in 8 weeks and I probably really started P2 a month ago. I do admire everyone who is able to stay on P1 to 80-99% of their goal weight. Very impressive!
  • Oh my dear, if you move into phase 2.....will you eat that in front of me? Lol!

(For selfish reasons) I suggest you stay in phase 1 for another week or so...get where you want (even if your hubby doesn't like the shrinking boob syndrome!).

We can do this!!! Love ya!
  • Quote: So my coach called yesterday and said I am suppose to start Phase 2. Yes very exciting. PROBLEM: I'm kind OF liking the weight loss and I'm scared. I don't want all this work to go to waste.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Phase 2 is really just a modified Phase 1 where you're basically replacing one of the packets with meat or fish protein and adding a limited amount of dairy as well. You should continue to lose, at almost the same rate as you have been, since you'll stay in ketosis. You're upping your caloric intake with the additional meat/fish and the dairy, but that's about it.
  • Thanks for all the advice, you're a great motivation... Keep up all the great work....I thought that saying about "no food tastes as good as thin feels", was crazy my first week of IP. Now I agree..... My husband is also thinking, he can put up with my silly diet. Now that he is seeing the results...