IP Daily Chat - Tuesday 5 Oct 2010

You're on Page 6 of 6
Go to
  • Why do we have a daily chat thread?
    There have been some questions and comments about why we do a daily chat ... Date-based threads have been how Ideal Protein chats were organized since the beginning, as far as I can tell by looking in the archives.

Ideal Protein Diet Monthly Chat October 2009
    Ideal Protein Diet Monthly Chat November 2009
    Ideal Protein Diet Monthly Chat December 2009

And, what appears to be the first weekly chat:
    Ideal Protein Weekly Chat Feb 29 - March 7 2010

Despite what you may have heard -- that a cabal of dark forces (me and others) organized a "coup" -- daily chat threads were a request of the moderators.

Quote: By the way, I started up a new chat thread because the usual thread is way too long and very difficult to navigate as well as very intimidating for newbies. Let's try a weekend and then maybe a daily thread which should make things less confusing. This seems to work well in other large sub-Forums like South Beach.
    How to handle the daily chat was fully and openly discussed by several people in mid-August here.
  • New daily chat thread open
    The new daily thread is open. This thread will close sometime later today,

We leave this thread open so that you can multi-quote posts from this thread and reply to them in the new thread.

How to Multi-Quote:
    1. Read the thread.
    2. When you see a post you want to quote, click the middle button in the bottom right of the post, the one with the quotation mark and the plus sign. The button should go red after you click it.
    3. Once you've collected all your posts, go to the new thread (link below)
    4. Read that thread, if you wish.
    5. Collect posts in there.
    6. When you're ready to post your message, scroll down to the last post.
    7. Click the "Post Reply" button immediately below the last post on the left side of the page.
    8. Below the area where you enter your message, there's a note that says "You have selected # posts that are not part of this thread ..." Click on the link that says, "Quote these posts as well"

Where do I post? Join us in the Wednesday chat.
  • Hi, Kelsey! It's so great to hear from you!