crystal light?

• If I add crystal light to my water, does that change the amount of water that I have to drink? I mean if I add crystal light to 20 oz of water, Do I have to drink another 20 oz. of water or does that still count as water intake?
  • WATER = WATER. That's it.
  • good question, I add crystal light sometimes to my water maybe once per day but not every day. I include this as part of my water but I drink alot of water anyways. It would be interesting to hear a response from a medical professional.
  • I have asked that question before when I first started at my center. They said that your actual water intake has to be pure water. You can add crystal light to your water, but that doesn't count as your water intake for the day.
  • Yes, MRC says that water is the ONLY beverage that counts as water. You may have other beverages, but they are in addition to your 64 oz + of water. Any MRC will tell you the same.

Again, WATER = WATER!
  • Yep...water has to be plain H2O for your water intake Its hard at first but then you seem to form an addiction to water.
  • This is another thing my physician totally disagreed with. He said that while plain water is the best thing you can drink, adding a little lemon or lime or cucumber to it makes no difference. He said that you drink the water and about 2 seconds later it hits your stomach and mixes with all of the "chime" (liquid that helps with digestion) in your stomach and all of the acid and other food, and has nothing to do with "chemical balance". He said the important thing is to get in the liquid. Now I'm not saying he's right for everyone, but he is my doctor whom I trust.