Christian Encourager's OCTOBER Thread ...

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • HI GALS ~

Happy Veteran's Day ladies.....thanking God and our Troops for our freedom!

Angie and I just got home from a 4 mile walk and breakfast at the beach with Reba and Rylee....the weather was absolutely gorgeous...the sun was out and the weather cool as we started walking at 6:30...real warm by the time the walk was over. I had a really good bacon/spinach/swiss omelette.

We are meeting CBMARE and her husband from 3FC for lunch today, hoping it is pleasant for all.

Well I went and blew it yesterday..a fast food disaster Very rare that I fast food anymore....even though my journey the last 3 years has taken a bit of a hit from time to time, fast food is not normally an issue....but yesterday I used a buy one get one free at Jack In The Box for a grilled pastrami sandwich and a large fry...plus the 2 taco special...I did split the meal in half for my lunch but ended up killing it a couple of hours later...dang!

Thank goodness for new days

BOOTSIE ~ I love pecans! So cool with the baby chicks....spoiled rotten

ROSEBUD ~ Prayers for the anxiety on the colonoscopy...I understand the concern and situation you are having for the results but seriously the procedure is nothing! The prep is the worse and it really isn't that bad....as long as you have enough reading material in the bathroom

We had an issue with our IE the other day...was down all day until Angie walked through the re-set up steps when she got home from work.

WILMA ~ Prayers for your family...how sad. We had so much anxiety with my sister's breast cancer....thank God for all of us she is doing well in recovery but we all know the "dangers" that can be ahead. We have been through it before in my family several times Congrats on the son and dil and to you for your exercise!

BARGOO ~ Over the years I have had a couple of those sneezes out of nowhere during quiet prayer time My son fainted during confirmation and we had a deacon fall asleep and fall out of his chair on the altar one Sunday

Did I scare all the NEW KIDS away?

Well gals...off to new adventures
  • HI GARY ~ ya, it has been kinda quiet here lately, hasn't it? I was busy helping a friend out (emailing back & forth) the last week or so. Then the last two nights, I spent the evenings reading a new novel to give me a change of pace; get my mind off things. I know that you are right that the test is nothing -- the anxiety is the results thing really, but I have been getting lots of "TRUST ME" impressions from the Word lately ...

I'll have to get my jello & drinks ready; I think you are right that the prep will be the hardest part of it all ... I was wondering if I should get DH to bring my PORTA-POTTY indoors and set it up in the livingroom ...

DH'S & HIS ADVENTURES ~ On Thursday, DH went out on a run and got stranded for awhile -- his bike broke down on him a couple of times, and then he only had one gear, so he had to pull his bike & wagon back home himself (on foot). I was getting quite concerned becuz he was gone over 8 hours; no food or water (doesn't ever learn); and it was getting dark, so our landlord went out hunting for him. DH got home just before he got back; and he felt kinda bad about it, but I am glad that he went looking for him anyways. It's too cold at night to be out in the bush hurt or lost somewhere. I got a bit stressed out about it, and made some unhealthy food choices, but not too many calories, thankfully. Then I got right back on the wagon the next morning -- and yes, I did use the PRAISE TOOL to get me through the day! BTW, no more road trips for DH this year ... house rules!

HEY BOOTSIE ~ that's a cute story about your friend & the chicks; we loved raising the chickens & ducks. They were the easiest to raise, and she'll love getting the eggs down the road too. They are funny to watch for sure ...

Well, hope our friends here all have a lovely Sunday tomorrow ... Rosebud
  • HI GALS ~

Taking a few minutes before dinner. I have a roast, potatoes, carrots and onions in the crock-pot and brussel sprouts in the oven roasting. The brussel sprouts are all mine..Angie won't touch them

It has been a beautiful week-end here...in the 70-80's! We took the dogs to the beach for 4 miles yesterday and the sun was already out at 6am and warm Spent the afternoon on the garage....we are re-organizing it and the gym.....making room for future GRANDbaby (KAIA) stuff

An easy day around here, we went to church then I took the mutts out for 3 miles while Angie went to a yoga class. The rest of the day we spent in the family room, Angie on the computer with music stuff and me watching NASCAR and football....interacting with each other on stuff.

Pastor's sermon (on my Facebook page today) was on "slackers"...how it is easy for us in these times to "click" and give $$$ to a worthy cause instead of getting out and doing something for the cause.....all along stressing that giving $$$ is not a bad thing but sometimes we need to dig a little deeper in ALL ways.

I think I may be off work most of the week so I should be able to check in daily....

Prayers for ALL ~ Gary
  • Hi Gary and Rosebud, I been moving back in our bedroom . The guest bedroom bed is much nicer to my back and my husbands that we been sleeping in there plus our air-conditioner went out. We got company coming so got to give them the good bed. Those two cats think they been helping me all weekend Gee.... they can do the funniest things! I was un packing grocery's and dropped a plastic bag before i could reach down and get it either Cabbage Cat or Rattie grabed it and took off running and the other cat went in the hall way switching her tail and went in and out she came with the other cat with the plastic bag on her back like a cape running after the other cat and I bet they were hitting 40 miles and hour. I took out after them to help the poor cat who had the monster on her back and they came out from under the bed wide eyed and scared to death. I just cracked up and laughed till I had tears and tried to tell my husband and couldn't for laughing so hard it was so funny!
    Try to make or unmake a bed with those two around, I finally got fed up and caught them and put them outside the bedroom door.
    Then I cut holes in a box for them to play in , they love it! I have some peacock feathers and they can jump 4 ft up in the air after it. Those two are better than TV!
    We wormed the goats today and hubby helped me for they banged me up last time.
    I cleaned out one frig yesterday and the kitchen closet, neither one look like mine anymore to clean!
  • LOL BOOTSIE....one of my dogs always helps me do yard work or work in the garage...took me 3 times longer this week to repair a wall I took down to move a weight machine out of the gym! But I love every minute of it!
  • HI FRIENDS ~ we had a nice, quiet day today. Those light flurries very quickly turned into last night, so that didn't materialize into much -- overcast and in the 40's most of the day. It has all cleared up now though -- just after dinner, I saw the half moon and some stars out there from the front window.

You two are right -- NIKO constantly tries to help me and/or watch me whenever I am cooking dinner, so I am forever tripping over him. If he gets stepped on or bonked, then he gets smart and goes to sit & watch from the hallway instead. He is just like our dear old SWEETIE, at 5 pm on the dot, he wants to go outside but first he comes over to nudge me to see if I am going to start dinner or not ...

Funny thing is, we put our clocks back last weekend, and his internal clock got a bit mixed up for a few days. He was waking up too early and bugging me to make dinner too early and so on. He'd come and get me at 4 pm, instead of 5; and get up at 6 am, instead of 7 to go outside!

GARY ~ that dinner sounds great -- I had cabbage rolls with green beans & knib corn, plus a smallish salad on the side. Boy, was I full; filling up on veggies and salad is really working for me.

I changed my breakfast this month to oatmeal + natural cream of wheat for at least 3 days and really have found that it takes away hunger cravings I used to get at 11 am; so I am switching for good. I am reading a new book about healthy eating called "WINNING THE FOOD FIGHT" and there is a plan in there called "The VICTORY Diet" and I am using many of the ideas and tips from it and finding them helpful.

I am going to try them for a while -- he challenges people to try the oatmeal fiber breakfast for 3 weeks, if they have "Constipation" issues, as this food plan helps cure that problem. So far, I am seeing much improvement in that area. He challenges people to try the main plan for 7 weeks to see if they see health improvements for cholesterol, blood pressure, and weight-loss.
    We'll see how I do ...

Hope all our CE friends have a wonderful week coming up; take good care too ... Rosebud
  • Good Morning to all! I been up all night, with my two kittens helping, cleaning on my Mother in laws kitchen, moving my stuff out. It looks so much better. Today washing clothes and putting clothes up , sure have a lot to get done before Thanksgiving . Plus my friend and I are going Garage sale hopping this Friday and some Christmas shopping. We are going to a store that you can buy stuff you got when you was a kid, that you can not find anymore. Found out some more of my friends are headed that way too, so we will more than likely see them out and about, should be fun!

Then clean on this house this weekend and the outside of the house. Thank the dear Lord I got that cactus cut down and hauled off. I trimmed what I have left up and it looks so pretty. Well y'all have a great day!

• May your stuffing be tasty

May your turkey be plump,

May your potatoes and gravy

Have never a lump.

May your yams be delicious

And your pies take the prize,

And may your Thanksgiving dinner

Stay off your thighs!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

• Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!
  • Hope all our American friends had a HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY ... with lots of good healthy food and friends & family gathered 'round ...

HI RONNIE ~ nice to see you drop by; missed you! Still sending up prayers for you and yours ...

We got a big dump of ***** the last 2 days with blowing winds; the good thing about this is that it helps keep us warm and the snow around the building stops the winds coming in too. It is kinda like a snow cocoon of sorts; and it is a lot warmer in here too.

My eating has been pretty good this week (well, I was on liquids from Sunday to Tuesday at dinnertime), but I ate too many nuts tonight -- oh well, I will learn from this and do better next time ... I had a lean burger and a salad for dinner tonight; so the day part was good.

We got our nativity creche up this week plus our candle lights. I have to find something heavy to put in my snowman as the winds keep knocking him over; I may put in birdseed, then feed it to the birds after Christmas ...

Hope all our friends here have a wonderful weekend ... Rosebud
  • Hi GALS

I hope this finds everyone doing well

It is early Saturday morning here, I will send the dogs in on Angie at 6 and we will go out for 3 miles then come home and get ready to go up to her moms house for the rest of the week-end. Her family is getting together for Thanksgiving this evening.

With the kids schedules ~ son/dil visiting her side in Florida ~ daughter/sil having lunch with my ex-wife and then dinner with sil's mom ~ step-d with Americorp in Utah ~ nephew with NAVY duty ~ sister with my bil's family ~ brother with my sil's family......Angie and I had a very nice quiet Thanksgiving to ourselves....well....a couple of begging dogs ....we were invited to all the other dinners but declined with respect.....

We didn't want to miss the marathon of Cake Boss

I took Angie, my daughter, nieces, sister and sil to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra yesterday. Boy did they seem louder than a few years ago....or am I getting older?

A very nice way to "rock" the start of the Christmas season. They also played some of their new non-Christmas stuff which was cool.

Things are going well here but I will say work for the future is sketchy....I am off now but that is ok because I was really going hard for a few months. Our company has work but I have a few guys going that really need their medical benefits so they HAVE to keep their hours up. I do have work in the future AND we are picking up jobs but just not anything to keep everyone involved with us busy at all times...which, will be the road we travel for years to come I am afraid.

So happy to be walking that road with CHRIST!

Have a great week-end
  • Hello, it's me again, and I would like to ask for some prayers for my Aunt and her family.
    Been a tough Holiday already.. My oldest Aunt had a stroke on Thanksgiving and is not doing well. Has been in the hospital since then and is not expected to recover. She will be 94 on Tuesday and has had a Wonderful life, just still hard on everyone. She really has never regained consciousnes but we all gathered in the ICU room where she was and sang gospel songs ( she loved to sing and has a beautiful voice) and read bible verses. She opened her eyes several times and once even had a smile. Been a tough few days. Lost an Uncle on Thanksgiving 11 years ago, and this Aunt is having a really hard time this year. Her daughters were here from Colorado from last Saturday until yesterday. So at least they were with her when she got the news about her sister on Thanksgiving evening. She will be 84 in April and is the last living sibling.
    Appreciate all the prayers. I hope everyone is doing OK and having a good evening. I will try my best to get back here more often... I really do think of you all often.
  • Karen-prayers going for your aunts.

Gary-prayers for your work. It's good that you can keep as many as possible busy for as long as possible, but must be hard figuring out who goes where and when, especially with Christmas coming.

Rosebud-so glad to hear your tests went ok for the most part. DH had the same in the summer and had a good report, too. You've done well getting your Christmas decos up already! I'm lacking motivation to get the stuff out and put it up-everything has been more difficult this year since Dad's death and it just takes more effort for me to get anything done at all, so I may downsize quite a bit this year (probably won't get rid of anything, just won't put all of it up).

Stresses have been taking over our lives here lately. DH has 'bid' a new job in his plant, which would put him back on rotating shift, but his managers are sooooo incredibly bad that they decided they had to repost the job, because no one could agree on when the 10 days of the original posting ended, so DH has to re-bid, but is the only person with the seniority for the job. It'll be a little more difficult on the shift work, but the stress of the job he's been in is making him crazy. There are other employees who are supposed to be doing some of the tests when DH is off (and are being paid more than him), but they don't actually do the tests and just make up numbers to record, and the manager knows it, but there's too much favoritism at this plant, so he does nothing about it. So, anyway, DH may be starting rotating shifts-7 days/nights on, 7 off, starting in about 2 weeks, just in time for the holidays-yippee.....

Otherwise, it's just same-old, same-old here. Weather is starting to get icky, with cold and freezing rain and snow moving in tonight. My 30 year high school reunion was this past Saturday, but couldn't go, because we can't plan on traveling this time of the year (it was in IN). Only about 80 of the 213 I graduated with went, so maybe they'll rethink the November reunions before the next one.

Well, hope you all have a great week! Trying to get back on plan now-I was able to maintain through Thanksgiving, so happy about that. Take care
  • We lost my Aunt this morning and it is very sad. But how neat is that to be able to go and meet Jesus on your 94th. Birthday!! We loved her and will miss her a lot.
  • I am so sorry Karen for your loss, So happy for all the precious memories she and God left for you and your family. It is a blessing to live that long with a loving family that loves you as much as you and others loved her. Praying for comfort for you and your family this day.