OCTOBER NSV's

• NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. As we go through this journey we tend to measure our success by the scale. But we need to also recognize the amazing things that are happening as we lose weight and become healthier that have nothing to do with the scale. Post those victories here!
  • I bought 2 sweaters for cool weather. I hated to wear sweaters at my highest weight. These look good on me, are soft and warm. I can't wait to wear them! Being able to buy clothes that I like is wonderful!
  • ^^ Congrats!!!! Can't wait for that feeling

I went to the gym today and, for the first time, didn't drag myself across the finish line (30 mins on the elliptical trainer). In fact, when the 30 mins were up I kept going until I hit the 5k mark . I think I had my first glimpse at this "work out high" people keep talking about and that I haven't been able to relate to until now.
  • I haven't been to the gym in a few weeks (had just been doing weight training in my garage) and today I woke up and instead of snoozing, got dressed headed to the gym and did some cardio. It felt good, and then eating clean today on top of it just feels like I'm doing something right!
  • I tired on an old pair of capris that I outgrown and it fit really nicely!
  • I don't actually have a victory to report yet...but I just wanted to say thanks for telling me what NSV stands for!!! I've been lurking on the boards for a couple weeks and have had absolutely no clue :
  • Today I felt a hint of thigh muscle underneath the soft squishy flab that I normally call my thighs. Wahoo!!
  • I went shopping in the back of my closet and fit into the sexy top I wore on my first date with my fiance 4 years ago!
    I'm wearing it tomorrow for our engagement photos!
  • I'm wearing a pair of jeans I bought without trying on in the summer -- when I got them home there was no way they would fit. I put them away and this week I can wear them comfortably.

Oh, and I can cross my legs!!! I'm so happy about this that I could cry.
  • I went down a notch on my belt today! I was getting dressed and it just slipped right into the third notch down.

In August, I was on the very last hole before having to buy a new belt and even then it was very uncomfortable to have to sit for any length of time because the belt would cut into me.
  • Today I wore a skirt to church! I've been here 21 months, and this is the first time anyone's seen my legs!
  • Today I wore a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear in 4-5 years!
  • I survived moving my entire family to a new city and starting a new job without gaining a pound. In fact, I'm down a pound for the month. Not bad considering the incredible disruption of my eating and exercise routine.
  • I drove my husbands Jeep!! For a while now I have not been able to sit comfortably behind the wheel. Yesterday - no problem!
  • Following on from yesterday's skirt nsv, I went and bought a short black skirt for work - in a UK18 with a fixed fastening, no elastic. woohoo.