October Chat

You're on Page 6 of 10
Go to
  • BK: so sorry about the accident! please get yourself a lawyer and let them work out the details!

Welcome JackSprat's wife!

Deb: sorry you're doing the medical merry-go-round too! hope you get it figured out.

I have to go for another ultrasound on Monday, to check out a "superficial mass". No clue what that means : ( I've been going the rounds with my family doctor to get the test done outside of her office so I can have a professional do it. That was the note the radiology place read me from the orders, as I refuse to pay for another doctor's visit until all the results are in. All the tests are being sent to my oncologist as well because I want a doctor I trust to review the reports. I'm guessing it's a fatty cyst, but an sure somewhere down the line they'll want some kind of biopsy done due to my history.

Very little excercise the last 10 days, also very little appetite but that seems to be picking up now that I've finished the antibiotics. Going to the farmers market tomorrow if it kills me to stock up on healthy foods. My daughter tood the kids pumpkin picking, no shortage here! Anybody have good recipes for pumpkin seeds?
  • We just always used to bake them and salt them Kathi
  • Hey All!

Finished with one fundraiser and the next one is finished on Thursday. I am so sick of asking for money...counting out money...tracking money....I could NEVER be an accountant!!!

Won't get into too many personals...but wow...life has been tough!! Big hugs to everyone who needs one!! My day to day worries are nothing compared to what some of you are dealing with.

Also had a couple of medical appointments here...end result is better news than I expected so keeping on the same path. And have decided that I will be weighing in every 2-3 weeks rather than weekly. I find I am freaking out over any kind of gain,even though it goes down within 2 or 3 or 5 days. Still out to kill the yeasties, however their numbers are down but not down quite enough.

I'll be back Saturday-ish!
  • Deb-I have the pumpkin and s/f cake mix thingy in the oven right this moment. I was surprised to find the s/f cake mix at my walmart store. The locator link said nobody here has it, but I figured I would look anyhow and lo! there it was. I added a couple of tsp of pumpkin pie spice just because. Would've put in a pinch of chipotle but my jar is on top of the stove waiting for me to remember to buy more. I LOVE chipotle with pumpkin and chocolate...will try next time.

Barb
  • You can also use spice cake mix, but they don't have a sugar free option...it's delicious, but i'm trying to start being more aware of my sugars again, so went that way...but just a head's up...the regular devils food cake and the regular spice cake both taste DELICIOUS with the pumpkin recipe
  • I have regular carrot and spice cake mixes in the cupboard. Was thinking they would be good for my fam for turkey day that way. And I am willing to bet that doing it s/f, my friends would never know it is "diet" food. Thaks for the recipe...it's awesome. We had to eat one as soon as they were out of the oven, so I adjusted my menu for the day to make room. Most excellent.

B
  • Wow, looks like most of us took the weekend off!

I had a great weekend w/ fiance and didn't do too badly with the food. Ate "off-plan" things but didn't "over" eat as far as I am concerned. Really would be glad to see a loss when I weigh later in the week....fingers crossed.

Enjoyed being out in the country at fiance's. We are going to build a house out there probably starting in the spring and we are having the bulldozing done now. They are also re-doing the pond. I couldn't believe how good it looked when I got out there Friday. It looks like a campground and I can't wait to see how the house is going to look. There were two old barns, a tornado shelter and a small pig barn before. Here are some pics of how it looks currently. (If the link doesn't work just let me know!)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...00000230746500
  • I couldn't see your pictures. Pretty exciting, though!

I had a busy weekend with overnight guests, so I couldn't get online.

I had my first weigh-in this morning. I lost 4 lbs this week! Yay! I'm off to a good start.

BTW, I put pumpkin in my oatmeal this morning, since you all have been talking about pumpkin so much. It was good and so much more filling than regular oatmeal. I think I put a squeak bit too much in though, and will reduce the amount next time.
  • Annie, i couldn't see your pics either. Shame. You'll have to attach them directly to your next post so we can see them!

Average weekend foodwise for me, which is ok. Happily ramping back up the exercise at the moment though and did a 90min trail run this morning and have done running or gym visits or both, every day for the last couple of weeks.

Can't see my weight dropping this week, but at least i feel healthier!
  • Just a quick drive-by. Sounds like everybody is doing great, and I'm not the only one running into a few obstacles. Prayers and hugs for everyone with medical issues! Ultrasound results in a couple of days, still believing it's something simple like a fatty cyst : )
  • Morning All!
    Missed checking in yesterday after the weekend. Feeling very BLAH today as it's a rainy day here. I've not been as tight on plan as I want to, but working on it. I have a goal for myself to lose 20 lbs by the time we go away for our Christmas vacation; I began so confidently, but now my faith in myself is waivering. I need to re-focus I guess. I find that when ever I don't spend time here at least reading, my focus points are off a bit.

Thoughts and prayers (hope I am allowed to say that) for all with medical stuff going on. It can be scary, some of the terminology the doctors use.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!

~ ~
  • Try this link for pics of our place in the country. I'll be back later for a longer post to catch up.

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...%20To%20Build/
  • Pics are beautiful!! I'm a sucker for mature trees and your spot is gorgeous!!

Just popping in to catch up before Saturday. Out today to get supplies to feed 500 people and something for our supper tonight. And have to do it before kids get off the bus....
  • Maddie-Feeding 500?? That's downright biblical!!
  • anniedrews - your new avatar is just gorgeous, by the way. I know you've been using it for a bit but this was the first chance I had to comment on it. Just how is it exactly that you're getting YOUNGER with every new photo?

maddied - good luck with feeding the masses - sounds like a huge project.

flamanette - what a good idea to have a vacation goal - that always gets me motivated.

wlw - fingers and toes crossed for good results from your ultrasound. hope you're hanging in there in the meantime.

ange - wow on that 90min trail run - you are quite the exercise queen!

Doing okay here - I've been in lazyish maintenance mode for a while and I'm ready to make some progress again so I need to kick it up a notch and get back to serious calorie counting and exercise tracking.

Hope you all are doing well...