October Chat

You're on Page 2 of 10
Go to
  • Quote: Can I join??
    Absolutely! The more the merrier! I try to start out every day reading and posting here -- it helps me keep on track believe it or not! After I read here, I am ready to tackle any kind of food challenges that come my way at work!

Welcome! Hope to hear more from you.

I am soooooooo sick of it raining here!!!!!! Please please can I send some of it to some of you lovely ladies? Honestly, it's been raining here for like a week straight! Usually dreary rainy days are my death food wise -- especially if it's chilly on top of it, which it is today YUCK.

So here I am this morning getting my "inspiration". Hopefully this is the last day for the rain. I miss the sun

Have a great day everyone!

~ ~
  • Good morning.

Rushed this morning, so quick post. Ate reasonably well, except for the fresh banana bread, but who can blame me?

Welcome, congrats, sorry for your troubles, have a great Tuesday.

Gotta run.
  • I'm reading a book, 'Hot to Make Almost Any Diet Work', and before I start an eating plan, I am supposed to track my emotions, hunger, blood sugar, satiety and stuff like that. I am not supposed to make any changes yet. I am planning on starting the SBD after the week is up. I just don't want to fail at another diet. It is about self awareness, and appetite disorders (instead of eating disorders)

I will share as I read. I have been eating as I would have, I plan to have more frequent, but smaller meals. One thing I have learned about myself is that I get way too little to drink, except things that aren't good for me. I will start tpo remedy that today.

I have grossly overscheduled myself today, never again. I'm off to work.
  • Hello all!! Having a great day so far here today. I was able to get up and do a 3 mile WATP workout today. I usually do 3 miles M-W-F and 2 miles Tu-Th. I decided to quit stressing about replacing one of those with a 5 mile workout. I am going to shoot for doing a 3 mile every day for a while and see how that goes. Maybe it will jump start me back to losing so I can get to goal. So, feeling pretty good today.

I'm fixing a rather rich entree for supper tonight, but am going to try to reduce the butter and cheese a bit to make it slightly healthier. Am really going to watch my portion closely.

It is getting darker earlier and earlier every day around here....duh, it's fall, Annie! I am finding it harder to get all of the outside things done. I need to get out and water and we do need to mow soon as well. Very soon I will have a yard full of leaves to rake as, too. With the boys in school and at their Dad's half the time, I don't know when we will have time to get it all done. Going to have to budget my time wisely.

Welcome, BelovedK! Glad you are here with us!

Blueflower-Good luck keeping track this week with all of the activities. Keep healthy things on hand to have in case you get stuck.

Alyssa-How did the decorating go? I need to get some pumpkins this weekend. I always worry about putting the actual Halloween things out too early...not sure when to do that this year.

Flamanette-Hoping you get some sunshine up your way. We could use a little rain here if you could send it!

Kitteh-Good to see you....I love banana bread, too. I had made pear bread this weekend and froze one of the loaves so it wouldn't be calling me to eat it.

Have a great day everyone!
  • belovedk - welcome!

blueflower - woohoo for jeans fitting!

annie - you are such a busy girl - I'm so impressed with all that you do. How did your dinner turn out last night?

kitteh - your quick summary of responses to personals made me smile - what you said pretty much applies to all posts all the time (well, at least on Tuesdays )

Doing okay here but I'm getting bored with my eating options. Chicken and veggies, fish and veggies, repeat. Anyone got quick healthy dinner suggestions that might help me mix things up a bit?
  • Dancer-The "rich" supper I'm making is tonight, so don't know yet! On healthy supper ideas....one of my favs is to saute fresh sliced mushrooms in I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray in a skillet til soft, then add one single serving size container of Egg Beaters....mushroom omelet! Filling, healthy and delicious! I usually add a salad or raw or steamed veggies to the side.
  • Good morning, ladies!!

BelovedK~ Welcome, girlfriend! Your book sounds really interesting! You must share with us the new pearls of wisdom you glean from it.

Flamanette~ Sending glorious sunshine your way, dahling! (I think this might be a flower, but we're pretending it's sunshine, k?)

Kitteh~ I adore fresh banana bread!! I'm so glad there's none anywhere around me, otherwise I'd be sunk!

Annie~ You're doing really awesome with your workout! I could take a page from your book. lol! I'm really working on being more consistent with my daily workout. Your healthy omelette sounds delicious, btw!! Oh, and the decorating went fantastically! The kids and I worked together on it for hours yesterday. Do you decorate for Fall?

Dancer~ If you come up with some new and delicious, healthy food, please share!!

I'm doing well over here. I'm really glad I found you guys! This kind of support (giving and receiving) is *just* what I needed at this stage in the game. So, thanks to you all, for welcoming me into your group!

I mentioned here a couple of times that I barely tried to lose weight in September and only ended up losing 2 pounds. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for any loss, but I know I was completely unfocused and that didn't feel good at all.

I'm back on track now, and I'm apparently losing some water weight because at least a pound has come off every day in the last 5 days. This morning, I'm down to 139! I'm really happy about that!! But I'm also being realistic in acknowledging that it'll slow down, and maybe even go up a tad if I eat too much salt. Water is water and it does fluctuate. *sigh*

Have a wonderful day, my friends!!

Alyssa
  • Alyssa-I do like to decorate for Fall, but really purged alot of that kind of thing when I recently moved to my new home. I still have a few Fall things and some Halloween decor. I may go ahead with the Fall things this weekend and wait until closer to Halloween for the other. I put out some silk mums in a basket a while back and that has looked really nice on my little front porch. You should post a pic of your decorations!!

I see your start weight there near your name. How long did it take you to get to where you are now? I started 1/2010 and had hoped to be at goal by now. Keep up the great work!
  • Good morning all

I'm up bright and early today! Not overscheduled today, yay!!!
    Yes, the book. I have been tracking and am appalled at my regular diet (I am supposed to just eat normally and track to see my patterns. I am a mess, I get hardly any protein, alot of simple sugars and not enough to drink at all. How did this happen. I am supposed to track this week, and start making changes after a week of tracking. I am then starting the SBD with my DH.

They have you track your hunger, appetite, stress levels, blood sugar symptoms, etc. and I guess knowledge will help you have insight into yourself. I am not far enough along in the book to know what we will do wth all of the data, but I am excited, this book speaks to me. So far, every diet has failed. This gives solid physiological reasons why that is.

I'll share as I read.

How is everyone this morning?
  • Good morning. Made it to Wednesday!

Ate too much yesterday, but lost a pound anyway. Must start exercising again. Today should be calmer at work, but I'm having people over this evening, including the 'Temptations' (pizza, mmm...banana bread, mmm).

BelovedK--awareness is half the battle, I've found. I hope it works out for you.

Alyssa--doesn't it feel good to get rid of that extra water? Keep up the good work.

I bought some new Halloween decorations and I need to get some of them up soon--not too early as far as I'm concerned.

Well, got to get ready for work. Have a great day.
  • Happy Wednesday!
    Goodness gracious how did it get to Wednesday already! I am happy happy happy today --- the sun is back!!!! Although I just looked out my window and there's black clouds all over, boo hoo.

Staying on plan, which is a basic exchange plan, but thinking about counting exact calories too to see if I am really staying in the range. That's kind of scary for me 'cause I don't want to find out I am waaaay off or something.

Hubby is looking now for vacation reservations for our December trip to Busch Gardens. I have set a mini goal of losing 20 lbs by then. I think that is a "safe" goal and perfectly do-able. IF I can get more out of it, bonus! But for now that is my goal!

Have a great OP day everyone!

~ ~
  • Hello friends! I am taking the day off Friday to spend it with my son (he is out of school) and I am SO looking forward to having a day off just for fun. There are so many cool things going on and only so much time, but we will figure it out. With the way their schedule is with their Dad this month (he has them for Fall Break this year and his usual weekends) this is the only weekend I will have with them during the entire month of October. We probably will go to a local museum to see an exhibit there on Friday and might also meet my older son for lunch as well that day (he is not out of school). Saturday we are going to our local amusement park for Fright Fest! It is always fun with their decorations, fall food, etc. Don't have any plans for Sunday except working around the house.

Dinner last night was pretty good, but I didn't cut back on the butter and cheese in the entree that I made.....that's okay. The scale showed me a pound down from my official weight. If it holds for tomorrow or Friday I will update my ticker.

Hope you all are having a great day!
  • Welcome BK!

Sounds like everyone is doing well this week! I'm enjoying the beautiful, cooler weather and short spins on my new bike : ) First dr visit today, ultrasound and xrays on friday. She thinks the massage person might have separated my ribs....I don't think so, he found the lump and tried to "work it out" which made it swell up for a few days. The only pain I have is if you press on certain spots, I really think separated ribs would be a more constant pain or pain on movement. I've been working out like normal with no problems. Oh well, if the tests don't show anything the next trip is to the oncologist for bone scans and blood work. Back on the medical merry-go-round!

On a positive note she says I lost 5lbs since my last visit in march...but I'm exactly at the weight I've been stuck at forever! And of course I got to spend time with DD 24 and the kids today and she's going to take me for my tests on friday as well.
  • Hi, girls!!

Today's a crazy day for us. I'll be running out of the house with the kids soon and will be gone until pretty late tonight. I have only a few moments to post and a little time to think up a good plan for eating well today.

I got down to 138 this morning! Yay! But I'm a little worried about today's food. Ugh! We'll be eating with extended family who love to over feed me and guilt me into eating more. Actually, one will even sabotage my food by putting extra butter, olive oil, gravy (etc) on it... I mean really regularly! The kids catch him doing this all the time! Ugh! Ugh! Ugh! I'm praying my heart out I can somehow get away with not gaining weight today!! (is there a 'praying' emoticon? I need one! )

Quote: Alyssa-I do like to decorate for Fall, but really purged alot of that kind of thing when I recently moved to my new home. I still have a few Fall things and some Halloween decor. I may go ahead with the Fall things this weekend and wait until closer to Halloween for the other. I put out some silk mums in a basket a while back and that has looked really nice on my little front porch. You should post a pic of your decorations!!

I see your start weight there near your name. How long did it take you to get to where you are now? I started 1/2010 and had hoped to be at goal by now. Keep up the great work!
    Hi, Annie! I'll see if I can post a few cute pics of decor. That would be fun! I'd really love to see some of the things you'll be doing, too, like your mums in a basket!!

I started my diet in March. Started out intentionally slow, but lost steadily (a couple of pounds a week). Had to kick it up a notch at around 8-10 weeks because weight loss slowed to a near standstill. Hit a month long plateau a one point, where I was being SOOOO careful with my cal intake and exercise, never cheating. Could NOT lost ONE pound. Changed my diet up pretty big after a month and switched over to a mostly vegetarian diet and weight loss picked up right away. Then sort of took September off, eating poorly part of each week, then cutting back part of the week. I gained and lost the same 3 or so pounds every week, lol!! But in the end, I did lose two pounds over all for the month, which told me I could have done much better if I wasn't totally splurging at least half the time. Sheesh! Back on track the first of October and have lost 7 pounds in 6 days! I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and the scale to stop moving any second now. I didn't even lose this quickly in the beginning!

What's your journey looked like so far, Annie? I think I noticed our heights and starting weights are pretty close. What's been your strategy?

Did you see the gal who posted yesterday that she just lost 100 pounds since January???? Girl, my body cannot do that!! I wanted to ask her "HOWWW???" LOL!!!

Have a blessed day, friends!!

Alyssa
  • Kathi, I'll keep praying your tests results turn out good and your cancer hasn't returned!!

Love, Alyssa