20-Somethings' October Exercise Tracker & Chat Thread

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • Great thread!

My exercise goal this month is to not miss ONE day of boot camp! I missed 2 last cycle and I really want to try this time not to miss any! We've already had two rain out days, which isn't my fault, it's the dang weather!

However, I made up one of those days when he offered a Saturday class. Can't believe I got up early on a dang Saturday (my boyfriends bday no less) to work out! It felt great!

So I will have to make up another day on Saturday for the rain out day but other than that, 5x a week for an hour at boot camp. I WILL NOT MISS!!! I've GOT to lose 25 pounds to hit this mini goal! I am DYING to post pictures! LOL

That is why I love this site =)
  • Good morning, and welcome back to Monday, .

I ended up taking that break yesterday, and I think I'm almost set for Day One of 6w to 5k. Just a quick mapping when I get home from grocery shopping, then suit up and out the door, Sleep was lacking this weekend, I ended up reading from Saturday afternoon to Sunday morning around 7:30, shocked the heck out of myself to see the daylight streamin' in the window, haha, and last night wasn't much better. So I hope I can get through the day without being tempted to crash pre-training.

Kay, I like that idea of bargaining. I usually have to drop back to a walk because I can't "get enough" air.

Aw, Fit, Did you get your workout in?

Pnk, I tried to get the highest score I could playing a basketball game on one of those multi-game wii disks a few times during a house-warming party, and the next day I could not understand why my right arm ached like heck. I figured out why the day after and I couldn't believe it, haha! I only wish that the wii worked out both arms equally in those games, .

Boot camp? Awesome, Kriz! I've been tempted to sign up a few times, but the hours were always at bad times for me.
  • Uh.. got nothin'. Haven't done a single planned workout yet this month. I *am* staying active (swimming Sunday, yard work, etc) but I'm not satisfied as it just doesn't feel like enough to propel me toward my goal.

And I'm just super grumpy and the like, in general. I'm looking forward to my run tonight, at least. It should be nice in this amazing weather. My goals for this week:

Mon: Day 2 c25k
    Tues: Possibly off, as it is my birthday
    Wed: Gym: stairstepper, elliptical, strength training
    Thurs: Day 3 C25k
    Fri: Gym
    Saturday: Probably off, work and 2 family birthday parties to go to. Would endeavor to go before work, but I'm really determined to get to the stinking farmer's market... I've only been trying to get up early enough on a Saturday for months.
    Sunday: Day 1, Week 2 c25k

If I can't keep to that super easy schedule, I'll kick myself. I'm also planning to enroll in a local bootcamp. I'm still pretty much too scared to do it, but I believe the next cycle will start 2 weeks from today.. I can maybe psych myself up before then.
  • Well I was bad yesterday and let myself get buried in projects and never got out for my run. I will be running today however. I studied the map for the 5k I am doing. It seems so much further than 3 miles and it seems so much more impossible when I think about running it. LOL Oh well, as much as I fear and as much as it is going to suck, it is going to feel awesome when I finish it.
  • @zan you can always switch which hand you are holding the remote in and switch the settings in the game from rightie to lefty, or opposite if youre a lefty, give the other arm a work out too... youll usually just be really bad at the game with your non dominant hand lol

did good today, 30 mins on the elliptical yay!
  • Well, I slipped up . I think just the thought of Day One total mileage of just over four miles just wiped out my brain yesterday as I groaned at the heat after grocery shopping, so it didn't get done. Ah well. And it looks like I have a higher priority for the next few days anyway, I've got to get a job application sent in before the deadline of next Tuesday, so it's time to tweak the resume and get it in. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to kick back and relax, so it's back to the treadmill tonight. Did not get on the treadmill, I need to get back on track!

Amanda, the mornings are getting a nice chill where I'm at, I've been tempted to try to switch it up and do the runs in the morning. Less people up around that time to, so as long as I don't get hit by a car in the dark, I see no issue if I can manage the early morning and possible late afternoon tiredness.

Huh. Since you have the map, Kay, why not do a practice run/walk through if you can, that way you know what to expect on the day of the 5k?

/facepalm. I didn't even think about that, Pnk! Maybe because I am usually playing with others or trying to beat someone's score, I can be competitive like that with video games, I really want to get Dance Dance Revolution for my old Playstation 2, I tried it out after a movie with friends, and oh wow, losing 50 pounds sure makes a difference with what I can do now! So much fun!
  • no worries zan, i tend to avoid it cause i am soooooo much worse playing leftie, since i mainly play tennis it means i miss like 3/4 of the balls or they shoot way outside of the court lol its bad :s

did goodish today, was supposed to go out with my bf and our friend for our friends bday after work so i didnt bring my gym clothes with me then it got cancelled so gym didnt happen... was totally just gonna skip it like planned but didnt want to write i did nothing again so i did 30 mins with wii sports split between tennis and boxing.

also was delivering lots of heavy car parts at work today so lots of lifting and carrying

• Hey there! Hope you don't mind me jumping in. I just decided to recommit to my weight loss plan after slowly gaining back 10 lbs I had previously lost. My goal for this month is to workout no less than 3 days per week, with my ideal being 5 days per week. I've also dedicated to a strict diet of 1235 calories per day to jump-start my weight loss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anywhoo, today was the first day of my reform. I did a 20 minute Turbo Jam workout, which I've been doing sporadically on & off for the past month, btw. I really felt like I gave it a lot more energy & effort this time. I worked harder, sweated more, & pushed myself just a bit further. Attempted to do a 2nd vid afterwards, but I only got 6 mins in before realizing I was too drained from giving that last one my all.

Finished out the day at 1242 calories (7 calories OVER my daily goal). No biggie though. I did my best, ate when I was hungry, didn't binge, & felt full/satisfied all day long. Overall, I'm pleased with the first day's results.
  • Jumping in here too. Trying to be more diligent about exercise than ever as I push and push to drop some more.

So far this week:

Sunday - 30 min Tae Bo, other than that a lazy day of watching my friend play video games in bed.
    Monday - about 80 min walking (routine), ran maybe 6k
    Tuesday - about 60 min walking (routine), ran 6-6.5k
  • Pnk, I have to say, I miss the lifting part from my first job (Huge tubs of frosting and large boxes full of heavy pies/etc, I worked in a grocery store bakery) but I do not miss the exposure to freshly baked goodies. But I liked getting paid to "lift weights", haha.

Heya, Urth! Stick around, the more the merrier.

Welcome back Krampus!

Well, I'm determined to chain myself to the treadmill tonight for at least an hour. No excuses, not even the "B-But, I only got three hours of sleep last night...", boy am I going to sleep good tonight,
  • hehe @ zan, yeah i can see how that would get problematic lol i'm working as a delivery driver for an auto parts store so lots of carrying heavy parts to and from the truck, but it also means the fast food signs and commercials are taunting me ALL DAY LONG its a pain but im so broke i cant really give in anyways lol

welcome welcome, the more the merrier!

was good today, went to the gym after work today did 30 mins on the elliptical hooray
  • Thanks for the warm welcome all!

Zan
    , hope your treadmill training was a success! Your mention of it had me scoping out craigslist for cheap ones, & trying to figure out where I could stash one in my apt. My sweetheart mentioned wanting one so he could run a little bit in the mornings before work. Maybe I'll snag one up soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ugh, I had a not so great day. Ate on plan for breakfast, snacks, & lunch. I tried to wait for my honey to get home so we could eat dinner, but by the time he arrived I was starved, & we had to promptly leave for the grocery store. Ended up making some bad purchases on an empty stomach & eating ritz, a reece's p.b. cup, & 2 large cookies for dinner. I know, I'm so bad. Went 240 calories OVER my allotted limit for the day. I made it up by doing not one, but two 20 minute Turbo Jam workouts. I put a lot of energy into them so they were both pretty intense workouts. By the time I was done I was drenched in sweat, but I felt a lot better about the cookie for dinner debacle.

Tomorrow is also my sister's b-day, at which there will be pizza & cake. I'll be atoning for my food transgressions today by staying away from both the sweets, & the cheesy, fatty, carb-loaded pizza. I'll fill up on a large salad, & maybe some fruit or other healthy side if it's available.
  • I went for a 5k run outside last night. I did terrible. I probably only made it about 5 minutes in before I needed to catch my breath. I think I have a hard time finding my pace without my handy treadmill speed control. I probably walked half of my route but I started getting better on the second half of the run. I still slowed down to a brisk walk a couple times but I completed it! I am going to stick with the outdoor route until my run next weekend. Eeeeek! I am getting nervous.
  • Quote: I have a silly goal for October. See... I've never been a thin person, I was probably average as a kid and just sort of ballooned to a chubby teen and now young adult. You know those horrible fitness tests they give you in high school? Well I could NEVER pass the mile test in the time allotted. I wasn't even the largest girl in my school but I was so out of shape (I did have asthma but I grew out of it by college) and I avoided exercise because of how quickly my asthma kicked up. I also had boobs that were hard to contain.

So... My mini goal for October is to get down to a 12 minute mile which may not seem like much but it's a big step for me. I feel like if I get to that point I can redeem myself from all those embarrassing moments in gym class when I was the last girl to cross the finish line.
    Wow sounds like my story...a 12 min mile was the fastest I could ever run and that was after I dropped 40 pounds! I'm not much of a runner due to my asthma too. Instead of running a good timed mile, my goal is to do a pull up : I have NEVER been able to do one!
  • yesterday was my day off of work so it was a day off the gym as well, today did my 30 mins on the elliptical yay!