20-Somethings' October Exercise Tracker & Chat Thread

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • Naw, Amanda, I really doubt you'll be one of the last .
    There are a lot of factors to consider, and remember the walkers and those who didn't really train at all that'll be marching along with you at the start, and some of those will be the ones you'll be cheering on as you cooldown at the finish line.

I'll let you borrow some of my duct tape, that inner voice needs to sit back and watch you do those Ks, I've already got mine taped to a desk chair , she's been stuck there since last December when I started all of this.
  • I am doing my first 5k ever on Oct 16th! I had been doing c25k over the summer but fell out of my routine the last week in Aug. I started my consistent running routine last week but I took out my rest day. That was a mistake. I am getting worse. Last week I actually ran a 10 min mile! I thought it was wrong. and then two days later I did a 14 min mile and broke down to walk twice. I am still impressed with my time. I really thought I was going much slower than that. Now if I could just keep it up! I can only run about 15 mins straight on a good day... this 5k is going to hurt. I think today should be a rest day for me but I am going to try and force myself to do the 30DS tonight.

Man I would love to do the Warrior Dash! Makes me want to fly out and join you guys. My parents live in Orlando. LOL
  • Wow, 10 minutes? Congrats Kay!

I went and checked their website for CA locations:

10/30/2010 - NorCal
    4/2 & 4/3/2011 - SoCal

Ugh, my thighs hurt, !
    But I am still exercising today, dang-it, walking is better than nothing .
  • I still feel like 10 minutes can't be right! lol We will see if I can do it again.

I also looked for Cali locations. I found the norcal one, I wish it wasn't THIS month! My coworker was looking over my shoulder and said how fun it sounded. I think I might have to plan on doing this next year!!
  • I keep telling her to STFU, I think she's getting the drift, the harder I work. I won't let that voice hold me back; she's just giving me minor panic attacks for the time being

Good luck, Kay! There's one here in October, but that was wayyy too soon for me, ha. The Warrior Dash is all over, but I say come to FL! We ladies of 3FC will dominate Or at least have the most fun EVAR.
  • Now you've got me thinking about making a Tshirt with an image of three baby chicks on it for the dash, . I'll have to think of a wacky saying... Hm...
  • Jan. is like the best time to visit my parents too. Hmmmm I wish I had a larger travel budget!!
  • Speaking of that voice in the back of your head... I had to laugh at myself last night while running. I haven't had my ipod for awhile (wont hold a charge) so I have found myself thinking the funniest things. I say silly little mantras to myself or say things Jillian Michaels would say. Sometimes I chant my goal time or mileage in my head. Last night I found myself singing 60's and 70's tunes in my head. I sang "I can see clearly now" "the letter" and I am pretty sure "twinkle twinkle little star" even popped into my head for a minute. No idea where that came from. I need a new ipod. LOL
  • Hey, I'm all for things like that, Kay. If I could recall more than just the chorus for a few songs, I'd be goofing it up too.

I daydream while I move it. Usually some action scene or something (think some part of the Rush Hour movies or something more serious like a street chase or something). It motivates me,

Well, my exercise is done for the day, yay! Now, I'm off to sleep. Night all!
  • I argue with myself, hah. Somehow in the midst of a run or work out my inner voice is nicer. Well, not nicer, she gets pretty vicious, but in the kick my butt way, not discouraging.

Ugh, I skipped last night's workout and missed the alarm this morning to go before work.. busy day ahead, but I've marked of the slot for c25k. I will NOT miss 2 days in a row!
  • in response the question about good work out tapes, i totally love the new york city ballet work outs!!!
  • I hope you have better luck getting your exercise in, Ama. I figure today will be a rest day for me, I don't want to get too crazy as the soreness has already disturbed my sleep last night, and the last thing I want or need is to injure myself before I even start up, haha!

I don't know about tomorrow, I'll probably wait and see what's up in the mornin'.
  • Yesterday was my rest day so I am due for a run today. I think I am going to do a 5k and see how I do. I talked to one of the gals that is going to do the 5k with me (she recently completed a 1/2 marathon) and she says she runs 13-14 minute miles.... Phew! I feel so much better about this 5k now. Although I will still feel really bad when I break down and walk. I mean she can run 7 miles easy before walking. But I know she doesn't care. Gotta keep telling myself that. I know she doesn't care if we walk.

Amanda- I hope you fit your run in!

Oh and another thing I think while running... I bargain with myself. I feel like I want to stop but I tell myself if I can just make it to say 15 minutes or one more 1/10th of a mile. But when I get there I think, well I just decided a point to stop running so obviously I could have kept going. So then I will set a new goal of just a bit further, and when I get there I repeat. That is how I know it is all just mental. But it is still soooo hard. lol
  • Hi I'm new but I am ashamed to say I have YET to work out in the month of October (I know, I'm super dramatic) these past two days were NOT good for me...I am going to get it in tonight.
  • Didn't manage to make it to the gym on the first or second. Was planning to go today but realized couldn't make the gas stretch enough to go down that way on a day I'm not already that way for work. But I was good anyways hand played tennis on the wii for 30 mins and boxing for another 30