Strange Symptom Quivering Thighs

• Howdy,
    I have had a strange symptom the past two weeks, a very low vibration or shiver in my back things and abdomen. It isn't anything I can feel on the outside. It isn't painful or affecting my activities. Sometimes it goes away, and it is lessening at this point. My hair is great, stamina excellent, nails need trimming, so not a discernable problem with a deficency. I wonder if it is my cells struggling to release the little fat I have left.

I Googled this but could not find a clear discussion. Any one have any ideas?
  • Hmmm - certainly not a doctor, but this sounds more like a muscle issue....not sure what else would cause something you could actually feel. Like a mild twitch...

I would make sure you are stretching plenty, resting enough, are keeping warm, and that you are hydrated and have enough potassium.
  • Quote: Hmmm - certainly not a doctor, but this sounds more like a muscle issue....not sure what else would cause something you could actually feel. Like a mild twitch...

I would make sure you are stretching plenty, resting enough, are keeping warm, and that you are hydrated and have enough potassium.
    Potassium is a good thought. It doesn't hurt, very low level jittery feeling,past week or so, unlike being cold which has been awhile. I do stretch after workouts but it isn't at all like a torn muscle. Weird.
  • Does it happen right after workouts? If I work my muscles too hard they end up shaking after I finish my workout.
  • Quote: Does it happen right after workouts? If I work my muscles too hard they end up shaking after I finish my workout.
    DH thinks it is exercise related too. But it can go on all day though after I finally decided to post about it, the symptoms have subsided.
  • is it different than DOMS? (delayed onset muscle soreness) this is from doing a new exercise or something you arent used to doing. ranges from slight tingling to omg i cant walk! after the exercises.
  • Quote: Howdy,
    I have had a strange symptom the past two weeks, a very low vibration or shiver in my back thighs and abdomen. It isn't anything I can feel on the outside. It isn't painful or affecting my activities. Sometimes it goes away, and it is lessening at this point. My hair is great, stamina excellent, nails need trimming, so not a discernable problem with a deficency. I wonder if it is my cells struggling to release the little fat I have left.

I Googled this but could not find a clear discussion. Any one have any ideas?
    Possibly a far-fetched idea, but
    I'm wondering if it could be related to your horseback riding exercise,
    perhaps somehow that exercise combined with very low-carb eating?

I say this because late this past summer, a few times
    I experienced the unusual symptom of tingling lower limbs...knees to ankles...
    ...Like my legs were on the verge of going to sleep.
    which I believe might be related somehow to potassium loss or somthing similiar,
    combined with an unusually lengthy period of low-impact exercise,
    since my only unusual behavior was initiating a brief change-over to very-low-carb eating.
  • Howdy,
    What generous friends who take the time to puzzle over odd symptoms with me. Thank you.

Horse riding is new, started back up again in the fall, plus lower cal/carb could do it. It was obvious from horse back riding when my tush sore. The other lower level "hum" is what was curious. It has subsided but I will pay more attention on Monday, when we ride again.

I took MagLactate last late to help settle me for sleep. I read a book that was a bit more thrilling than I am used to right before bed. Magnesium could have helped with these sensations abating.
  • Karen925, I am going to be completely unhelpful regarding diagnosing your symptoms or offering a remedy, but I want to tell you that every time I look in the Maintainer's Forum & see the title, I feel like I've glanced into a romance novel. I swear that is the only other context in which I have ever read the phrase "quivering thighs."
  • Too funny.